ADVERTISEMENT

"Secret" UTEP Basketball Scrimmages

Not me. There's been some other posts on secret games; namely BW's 25pt, 7board game with Wichita State. Mystery to me the purpose of the secrecy.

You can't compare a Terry coached team to any other coached team and hopefully a Golding coached team.
A new beginning this year Fili.

Blew two games in the closing min with poor play. Destroyed their confidence and only got it back after most of the conference play was done. I hated this about Terry's teams, they never seemed to close out strong, we always seemed to be hanging on, even when we had leads. Way too often a bench guy came into the game and dominated us in the last few min.

They started 8-0. Whatever happened on that Hawaii trip is what imploded the season. I blamed the players, but Terry didnt help at all.
Competing of playing time and infighting among UTEP starters.

Terry than pulls a Rab's and goes on local media with slight of hand dialogue blaming and saying the players should be appreciative for the chance to play college ball, especially at this level, which he's right but don't spill it to the media.

Bad thing is they don’t make it sound close and tcu isn’t supposed to be that good this year

Bad thing is they don’t make it sound close and tcu isn’t supposed to be that good this year
The only thing I've seen about it from anybody was that video that TCU tweeted. Even if nobody wants to leak a box score, is there anything in general that anybody can share about the scrimmage?

Reactions: JCorona
The only thing I've seen about it from anybody was that video that TCU tweeted. Even if nobody wants to leak a box score, is there anything in general that anybody can share about the scrimmage?
This one was a big secret. Can't find anything anywhere.

I know it's all TCU highlights, but based on the video our defense doesn't look that great
Now, I know it was leaked in the Northwestern-Iowa St. scrimmage that they played one normal half, and then they switched to sequences where each team had to play a certain type of defense (presumably to give both teams experience playing against these defenses). So, I don't know if something similar was in play for the UTEP-TCU scrimmage, where maybe each team had to use a certain defense for parts of the scrimmage or if there were any other special rules in play.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT