ADVERTISEMENT

College Football 2021- Post Covid Edition

Both are outstanding. Should be a great backfield
That good a thing since there is no bullseye on their backs coming into the season. Sincere McCormick from UTSA, Frank Gore, Jr from USM and DeWayne McBride from UAB do have bullseye's on theirs. This can either motivate Hankins and Wadley with one who patiently waited for his time and the other nursed injuries, or not. Either way no one really seems aware of these powerful runners much.

UTSA Twitter seems to think they'll win the conference. Would you be happy with these results? I wouldn't. It probably means we beat NMSU, HBU, UNM, UNT, RICE & ODU.

Reactions: utep-piggy
if UTEP is capable of winning six games this year then they are perfectly capable of defeating UTSA in the Sun Bowl, they’re not Texas for goodness sakes
if UTEP had good coaching then 7-8 wins might be possible

Last edited:
if UTEP is capable of winning six games this year then they are perfectly capable of defeating UTSA in the Sun Bowl
That's the one team I doubt we beat. Them UAB and Boise St are the only ones I believe we stand little chance against.

Reactions: mikesarabia

4 wins would be a huge disappointment but it would also be the first time Dimel beats 3 fbs schools in a season. In Senter's eyes that would be good enough for an extension.

4 wins would be a huge disappointment but it would also be the first time Dimel beats 3 fbs schools in a season. In Senter's eyes that would be good enough for an extension.
Not if it’s how this guy is saying. I think he’s saying wins over NMSU, BCU, UNM, and ODU. Senter isn’t giving out an extension to him if he loses 7 of his last 8. 4 wins won’t cut it. You have 2 automatic wins in NMSU and BCU and UNM is a winnable game. Dimel needs at least 3 CUSA wins for him not be fired.

Reactions: utep-piggy
Not if it’s how this guy is saying. I think he’s saying wins over NMSU, BCU, UNM, and ODU. Senter isn’t giving out an extension to him if he loses 7 of his last 8. 4 wins won’t cut it. You have 2 automatic wins in NMSU and BCU and UNM is a winnable game. Dimel needs at least 3 CUSA wins for him not be fired.
I hope you're right. 4 wins should not get an extension. This year is the last contracted year for Doug Martin at NMSU. A recent article stated that he wanted an additional year due to covid but it was not given. His contract says he will earn an extension if he wins 6 games this year which I seriously doubt will happen. Dimel may be allowed his last year (next) season with 4 wins but no extension. Hopefully anything less than 6 wins means we get a new coach.

I'm still expecting 6+ wins though.

I hope I’m wrong, but I wonder if you might be underestimating Senter’s capacity to make illogical decisions. The fact that he hired Dimel in the first place, knowing what everybody knows about his history and lack of success, was just the first indicator. Again, hope I’m wrong. Actually not having to find out the answer, by avoiding that scenario altogether would be nice.

I hope I’m wrong, but I wonder if you might be underestimating Senter’s capacity to make illogical decisions. The fact that he hired Dimel in the first place, knowing what everybody knows about his history and lack of success, was just the first indicator. Again, hope I’m wrong. Actually not having to find out the answer, by avoiding that scenario altogether would be nice.
Unfortunately, you are right. However, I don’t think if Senter waits until December to give an extension or firing, and the scenario above plays out, I don’t think he extends. Losing 7 of 8 would kill any excitement and only winning 1 conference game, is hard to say they’re on the right track.

The absolute “nightmare” scenario is the Miners starting 4-1 and Senter giving an extension then. Followed by 7 straight losses or something.

At least we’re only a week away from seeing how competent or incompetent this team might be.

Unfortunately, you are right. However, I don’t think if Senter waits until December to give an extension or firing, and the scenario above plays out, I don’t think he extends. Losing 7 of 8 would kill any excitement and only winning 1 conference game, is hard to say they’re on the right track.

The absolute “nightmare” scenario is the Miners starting 4-1 and Senter giving an extension then. Followed by 7 straight losses or something.

At least we’re only a week away from seeing how competent or incompetent this team might be.
Now you're thinking like Senter. Don't forget he gave Terry an extension sometime during the season after a "hot" start. I think you're the one that found that information.

Now you're thinking like Senter. Don't forget he gave Terry an extension sometime during the season after a "hot" start. I think you're the one that found that information.
IIRC, I think I pointed out that he gave him the extension before the Arizona St win. Oh well, hopefully no extensions are given out without bowl eligibility confirmed first.

Reactions: FedupMiner
They've had an impressive run. Played in 3 Access Bowls and won 2 of them. UCF has proven their worth among the best in the G5.
Didn't we beat the once (under MP) by like 40 points in the Sun Bowl after starting the season 0-3? My how things have changed.

Didn't we beat the once (under MP) by like 40 points in the Sun Bowl after starting the season 0-3? My how things have changed.

Yep 2008 we beat them 58-13. We came into the game 0-3. It was a shocking win. That year UCF was 4-8. It wasn't a good UCF squad that year they finished 4-8.

Yea that's the year we hosted Texas. So many close games we could have won that season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT