ADVERTISEMENT

Conference Fooball schedule seems settled

http://www.pilotonline.com/sports/o...cle_a6090093-25cf-5511-afb6-b65d8041b087.html

According to the article we will likely be playing the same conference schedule as this year only home and home. Looks like ODU, FIU, UNT and S. Miss home and LaTech, Rice, FAU and UTSA on the road
OOC, is pretty much too. @Texas, Home against Army and Houston Baptist and NMSU. Schedule with 7 home games sets up well. With everyone back and barring no injuries I'd be surprised if we don't win 8/9 games. I'm shocked I'm saying that, but I was left with hope after how they fought this year and this whole team returns and players who were hurt. We do need to rebuild D line though

Outside of UT there is no one daunting challenge. If we can get through early without getting players hurt left and right we could make a good run at 8 or 9 wins.

Outside of UT there is no one daunting challenge. If we can get through early without getting players hurt left and right we could make a good run at 8 or 9 wins.
Very true and thanks for finding that article. I had assumed that it would change a bit since this will be the 3rd year in a row for ODU. UAB screwed up the scheduling for a while. The toughest conference game will likely be USM but at least it will be a home game. Now I'm looking forward to seeing who the new coordinators will be so that we can get an idea of what changes there will be in off/def schemes. Shapes up to be a good season with a solid shot a going bowling and having much better attendance. Hoping so anyway.

Quite a bold prediction with us not having a QB worth a snot and 2 new coordinators which have yet to be hired.
Any new offensive Coordinator will be an improvement. Defense will take adjustment. You see it all the time though Offensive and Defensive coordinators coming in and making a huge difference. The players are in place already barring no further injuries. QB play was bad this year, how can it get worse with either a new experienced transfer or QBS who will have more experience than this year?

I believe that Kugler already has a offensive and defensive coach, however, UTEP is a public institution and obviously had to publicly post it. He is recruiting db's to play nickel package. Second, Higgins. Stoker and others were out of their office within hours of the UNT game, so obviously this was predetermined. Third, Kugler even stated to the news that his players were wanting to open it up more offensively and to our pleasant surprise, they beat Rice!

I think Life was on to something when he stated that Kugler had a coming to Jesus moment similar to what Patterson went through at TCU. I was really disappointed with Kugler this year, but it appears he is willing to do what is right to win despite his approach to the game to run a 1915 wedge play every down.

I believe that Kugler already has a offensive and defensive coach, however, UTEP is a public institution and obviously had to publicly post it. He is recruiting db's to play nickel package. Second, Higgins. Stoker and others were out of their office within hours of the UNT game, so obviously this was predetermined. Third, Kugler even stated to the news that his players were wanting to open it up more offensively and to our pleasant surprise, they beat Rice!

I think Life was on to something when he stated that Kugler had a coming to Jesus moment similar to what Patterson went through at TCU. I was really disappointed with Kugler this year, but it appears he is willing to do what is right to win despite his approach to the game to run a 1915 wedge play every down.
Nickel isn't a Defensive scheme like a 3-4,4-3, 3-3-5 or 4-2-5, it's simply a defensive package put in for passing downs. Just thought I'd clarify. So getting a DB who plays in nickel packages means nothing as to what type of core defense we'll be running necessary year.

Quite a bold prediction with us not having a QB worth a snot and 2 new coordinators which have yet to be hired.
Looking at the Comp based on last year. Don't know what we will look like. But nobody we play on paper is scary...even UT is suffering through a down period. As bad as we were nobody we played was impressive at the end of the season.

Nickel isn't a Defensive scheme like a 3-4,4-3, 3-3-5 or 4-2-5, it's simply a defensive package put in for passing downs. Just thought I'd clarify. So getting a DB who plays in nickel packages means nothing as to what type of core defense we'll be running necessary year.

I don't think he said nickel was a scheme. Just said Kugler was looking at DBs to play nickel. Just thought I'd clarify.

I don't think he said nickel was a scheme. Just said Kugler was looking at DBs to play nickel. Just thought I'd clarify.
It'll was made to sound that he's recruiting DB's to play the nickel only, which I didn't think made since. There was another post that also implied this, so I was just clarifying, that still doesn't tell us what type of defense Kugler wants to go with next year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT