ADVERTISEMENT

Conference USA Stinks

This is an out of sorts year for Conference USA in basketball. The traditionally top teams are struggling, while the mediocre teams are jumping up and winning a few now and then. I'll bet we see improvement the next few seasons. Hope so. Go Miners.

Hello, utep4ever, MinerManiac, gents, and ladies (if any are around). Yes, this is me. I've lurked for a good long while as we faded out of relevance in the grander scheme of things.

I have been well at time and not so well at times. Kinda like all of us, eh? LOL. We have good times and not so good times but we keep on keeping on.

In any case, I thought I'd drop back in now that the Natalicio/Stull era has ended to show continuing support for our beloved Miners. I have good thoughts and not so good thoughts about the state of our past 15 years or so but we can save that for a different thread.

At least as a teaser, I can start with this: It's more important to focus on the future of our UTEP Miners and what we as fans and supporters can do to help bring our programs out of mediocrity and back to some sort of conference and NCAA relevance.

I welcome a thread to address our issues. I see many threads supportive of our programs and our athletes -- that is awesome. We need to continue that.

But we have to address the deficiencies we face if we are to return to relevance as a NCAA powerhouse. We have been there before and we can get there again. NOW is the time to talk about HOW we can get back to national relevance.

We will not get here by putting things off. We will not get there by supporting mediocrity. We will not get there by simply being cheerleaders.

And we will NOT get there by remaining in Conference USA.

I remember a time when we had zero star players and fielded a far better team. Even went to a bowl game or two with zero star players. Those 3 star recruits sure are doing wonders for our program.

Utep4ever and Maniac, based on the posts above, especially from the recruiting thread, I seriously don’t think that this is the same Killer from the past. I think this is a troll who found an old username that they created back in 2004. This new TxRdKiller profile was made in 2004, yet today was only their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd post. The old TxRdKiller had a lot of posts.

Here is my theory: if you will remember, some trolls discovered that when creating a username, the capital “i”, looks the exact same as the lower case letter “L”, they both look like “l”. There was a time when some trolls had made some duplicate usernames of some of the board members. I remember that they stole liebestraum’s name and they made some crazy posts under his name. Everybody was kinda freaked out because it looked like it was coming from lieb. But the trolls had simply created the exact same fake username by putting a capital “i” instead of a lowercase “L”. My guess here is that this same troll must have also made a fake TxRdKiller username back at that time, by using the capital “i” instead of the lower case “L” in the word “Killer”. Since they have been banned, they have been trying to get back onto the board with a new username. They then either remembered or found this old username that they had previously created and now they are trying to post again acting as someone else. Anyway, I remember Killer and this does not appear to be Killer.

Reactions: MinerManiac
I doubt the trolls are smart enough to plan a long game a la The Count of Monte Cristo.

Last edited:
Reactions: TxRdKiIIer
I doubt the trolls are smart enough to plan a long game a la The Count of Monte Cristo.

I doubt it was a planned long game. They probably just found/remembered this old username that they had created, from back when they were making duplicate usernames of any major poster who had an “l” in their name.

Regardless, because of the post count, we know for 100% certainty that this is not the same “TxRdKiller” from the past, it is a duplicate.

Last edited:
I doubt it was a planned long game. They probably just found/remembered this old username that they had created, from back when they were making duplicate usernames of any major poster who had an “l” in their name.

Regardless, because of the post count, we know for 100% certainty that this is not the same “TxRdKiller” from the past, it is a duplicate.
The long, drawn out, introduction should tell you something.

Reactions: UTEPDefense
Utep4ever and Maniac, based on the posts above, especially from the recruiting thread, I seriously don’t think that this is the same Killer from the past. I think this is a troll who found an old username that they created back in 2004. This new TxRdKiller profile was made in 2004, yet today was only their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd post. The old TxRdKiller had a lot of posts.

Here is my theory: if you will remember, some trolls discovered that when creating a username, the capital “i”, looks the exact same as the lower case letter “L”, they both look like “l”. There was a time when some trolls had made some duplicate usernames of some of the board members. I remember that they stole liebestraum’s name and they made some crazy posts under his name. Everybody was kinda freaked out because it looked like it was coming from lieb. But the trolls had simply created the exact same fake username by putting a capital “i” instead of a lowercase “L”. My guess here is that this same troll must have also made a fake TxRdKiller username back at that time, by using the capital “i” instead of the lower case “L” in the word “Killer”. Since they have been banned, they have been trying to get back onto the board with a new username. They then either remembered or found this old username that they had previously created and now they are trying to post again acting as someone else. Anyway, I remember Killer and this does not appear to be Killer.
This is exactly what happened. If you copy this screen name and paste into Microsoft Word, then change the text to all lowercase (Shift-F3), the screen name appears as txrdkiiier.

Wow, what a sad person this must be.

You have an impressive eye for details.

Nope. It's killer. LOL. God I need to get a life.

Yup, it's me. I appreciate the efforts to vet me to ensure it's the old Killer. I have not idea why my post count went to zero other than maybe my previous posts were deleted due to inactivity. Meh.

Now, where were we?

Last night I was looking through old inactive profiles that haven’t posted in years and they all still have their original post count.

I’m not an og to know who the original txkiller was. If it’s not him this has taken trolling to a whole new level. I’m actually quite impressed.

Yup, it's me. I appreciate the efforts to vet me to ensure it's the old Killer. I have not idea why my post count went to zero other than maybe my previous posts were deleted due to inactivity. Meh.

Now, where were we?
CUSA sucks rocks.

Killer! What's up, old-timer? I was looking for you on FB the other day and couldn't find you anymore. Good to see you around here again.

Killer! What's up, old-timer? I was looking for you on FB the other day and couldn't find you anymore. Good to see you around here again.

Jeeber, check some of the posts above. TxRdKiIIer in this case is spelled with three continuous i's, the last two upper case to resemble lower case L's. Sadly it's not the real Killer.

Reactions: miner1liner
Now this is becoming a party....
:p

tenor.gif

Reactions: TxRdKiIIer

Jeebie! Yes, brother, I closed my FB account. Too much BS on there with today's political climate. I'm on twitter though (ask Jobu, we follow each other). I'm glad to be back on here. :)

And, Oh Myyyyy! LTMiner61 brings back my Elin! Yowza! She still looks so yummy. Thanks for posting her, LT!

Reactions: LTMiner61
Jeeber, check some of the posts above. TxRdKiIIer in this case is spelled with three continuous i's, the last two upper case to resemble lower case L's. Sadly it's not the real Killer.

You guys are awesome. I too remember the days of trolls playing around with the letter "i" but I assure you this is no joke and I am no troll. Well...

FWIW, this dude is "txrdkiiier". Not TxRdKiller. Felidae is correct. but yeah, somewhat impressive that he could highjack a thread that he created.

Wow. Feels like tin foil hat time. Capital T, lowercase x, capital R, lowercase d, capital K, lowercase i l l e r.

Check it out, guys. You can type a lowercase l (letter L) in here, copy/paste into Word or TextEdit on an iMac, convert to lowercase and guess what you get? That's right, a lowercase i (as in "eye").

Pretty cool interweb trick thingy if you ask me. But what do I know. I'm just another troll resurrecting an ID from 15 years ago even though the guys who used to post here as "TxRdKiller" came on this board 20 years ago as "Jonah99999" back when he was using his AOL email address. But then, only a few here would even remember that.

Where's that Darren Hunt guy anyway? Doesn't he run this joint?

Check it out, guys. You can type a lowercase l (letter L) in here, copy/paste into Word or TextEdit on an iMac, convert to lowercase and guess what you get? That's right, a lowercase i (as in "eye").

Nope. I just copy-pasted my handle into Word, the same way I did yours, and converted to lowercase (highlight->Shift-F3), and my handle was converted to feralfelidae. So no, your handle definitely has capital Is disguised as lowercase L.

Pretty cool interweb trick thingy if you ask me. But what do I know. I'm just another troll resurrecting an ID from 15 years ago even though the guys who used to post here as "TxRdKiller" came on this board 20 years ago as "Jonah99999" back when he was using his AOL email address. But then, only a few here would even remember that.

Where's that Darren Hunt guy anyway? Doesn't he run this joint?

Since you created your troll account in 2004, which was a long time ago, you're obviously an old-timer who would remember those things.

I suppose you could be the real TxRdKiller and you also created the troll account, but I have no idea why the real TxRdKiller would do that.

man, chi and honey really did a number to this board. Any time a new profile (or really old one) pops up, it's the Salem witch trials all over again...
Yeah, we tend to be suspicious, but looking at several things, we are justified. 1 + 1 +1 does not equal 32

Are there now two (2) TxRdKiller accounts active? This is definitely trolling on a higher level. Chi was NEVER this clever.

Reactions: JCorona
Are there now two (2) TxRdKiller accounts active? This is definitely trolling on a higher level. Chi was NEVER this clever.

That’s the one thing missing that will fully convince me it’s a troll account. Why is the original txrdkiller account no where to be found?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT