ADVERTISEMENT

could Coach Floyd win Conference USA Coach of the Year?

Cube Jack

MI Hall of Famer
Mar 10, 2006
El Paso, TX
Considering the personnel lost before and during the season the streak the team has been on has to have turned many heads. The team is playing at a level where it's a surprise when they lose. What other players can make the all conference team?

Kermit Davis should win coach of the year. If UTEP didn't have that losing streak I think Floyd would have had a chance to win.

I looked at our early season schedule and we had many close losses. I counted at least 7 close losses that I believe this team would win if we played today. No doubt Floyd is a great coach and has done a tremendous job in the second half of the season. I was very critical of him and the players, but he's proven he's a great coach! He's got this team peaking at the right moment. I know many of us wanted him out, but I'm going to back him 100%. I think we're very close to achieving great success at UTEP. Anything can happen in the CUSA tourney and the season can still be salvaged if we get in the NCAA tourney.

Reactions: mikesarabia
Considering the personnel lost before and during the season the streak the team has been on has to have turned many heads. The team is playing at a level where it's a surprise when they lose. What other players can make the all conference team?
I think Artis should be a first team selection based on his all around play and Omega could sneak in but probably is a second team selection.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT