PF Sibley
C Onyema
I would go with:

1. McKinney
2. Kennedy
3. Dos Anjos
4. Sibley
5. Onyema

I have also heard concerns regarding Evans, and of course, we are assuming Kennedy will return. Really, neither Sibley or dos Anjos are true 4s, but they will need to fill in there. Both need to hit the weight room in a bad way.

I would go with:

1. McKinney
2. Kennedy
3. Dos Anjos
4. Sibley
5. Onyema

I have also heard concerns regarding Evans, and of course, we are assuming Kennedy will return. Really, neither Sibley or dos Anjos are true 4s, but they will need to fill in there. Both need to hit the weight room in a bad way.
What are all these concerns about Evans? This seems like a shit show

What are all these concerns about Evans? This seems like a shit show
I heard his defense needs a lot of work. Other stuff is really more rumor mill, but seems to be along the same lines as what MikePatrick mentioned on the board.

I would go with:

1. McKinney
2. Kennedy
3. Dos Anjos
4. Sibley
5. Onyema

I read an article that Kennedy has already graduated so he's immediately eligible if he transfers and has two years of eligibility. It's gonna be hard to keep him around since I'm sure he'll be receiving a ton of interest.

Reactions: Lil_Train
I read an article that Kennedy has already graduated so he's immediately eligible if he transfers and has two years of eligibility. It's gonna be hard to keep him around since I'm sure he'll be receiving a ton of interest.
Correct. Golding needs to be recruiting under the assumption he is leaving. Only Hamilton has signed officially so far.

Reactions: JCorona
Meanwhile UTEP fans are dropping like flies.

I heard his defense needs a lot of work. Other stuff is really more rumor mill, but seems to be along the same lines as what MikePatrick mentioned on the board.
Yes, I don’t believe he is working out with the team right now. He also was not with the team the last 2 home games. So, not sure anyone knows what’s going on with him.

Reactions: Lil_Train
We lost Dae Dae. Can we call hardy Tae Tae? They did say Sibley is playing the 3 next year.

Only starters I can see so far are Hardy, Sibley and Z if he can stay out of foul trouble.

Let's pray that McKinney is a steal.

Williams and Solomon could probably start if they sign.

No clue about the JC guys

Only starters I can see so far are Hardy, Sibley and Z if he can stay out of foul trouble.

Let's pray that McKinney is a steal.

Williams and Solomon could probably start if they sign.

No clue about the JC guys
Givance will 100% start unless he's injured. He's the top transfer recruit by a mile!

We now have 11 commits or signed.

Givance, Hardy, McKinney, Zachery, Sumlin
Sibley, Frazer
Dos Anjos, Z
Hamilton, Kalu

2 schollies to give. What type of player do we need most urgently?
If just this roster who starts?

Last edited:
Reactions: axingfools1
That kid has fallen off the map. Last I looked, I couldn't find anything current about him. Not only UTEP related, but anything.

Yeah I can't find anything on him either. He was a Terry recruit, so he's not coming.

I think he was from the UK. Maybe he is back there. He played at Excel Hoops Prep in Toronto, but they haven't tweeted about him since he signed with UTEP.

Yeah I can't find anything on him either. He was a Terry recruit, so he's not coming.

I think he was from the UK. Maybe he is back there. He played at Excel Hoops Prep in Toronto, but they haven't tweeted about him since he signed with UTEP.
Kind of a shame. Liked his limited video, and he seemed like a basketball player, not just an athlete. Good handles and body control for a kid his size. And that 7’ 2” wingspan…

Well we are going to be young, but I'm not convinced that Golding will ever be able to supplement the team's needs with future transfers.

This NIL pay for play model is unsustainable. It won't be long before women's athletes sue the NCAA for equal opportunity to cash in on NIL deals. And before you bring up the popularity of men's sports vs women's sports, that won't matter to the courts because both men's and women's sports are supported by public $ at least at public schools. Anything that is supported by public funds is subject to title 9. This is a freak year for players and they're taking advantage of it. But already there are rumblings of NCAA regulations regarding NIL.

"The U.S. Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights (OCR) enforces, among other statutes, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972. Title IX protects people from discrimination based on sex in education programs or activities that receive federal financial assistance."

This NIL pay for play model is unsustainable. It won't be long before women's athletes sue the NCAA for equal opportunity to cash in on NIL deals. And before you bring up the popularity of men's sports vs women's sports, that won't matter to the courts because both men's and women's sports are supported by public $ at least at public schools. Anything that is supported by public funds is subject to title 9. This is a freak year for players and they're taking advantage of it. But already there are rumblings of NCAA regulations regarding NIL.

"The U.S. Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights (OCR) enforces, among other statutes, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972. Title IX protects people from discrimination based on sex in education programs or activities that receive federal financial assistance."

But NIL deals have nothing to do with schools. The money is from private entities. Nobody can tell Charlie Clark who to give his money to.

But NIL deals have nothing to do with schools. The money is from private entities. Nobody can tell Charlie Clark who to give his money to.
Right. The money is not coming from the NCAA or the individual schools. All the NCAA can do is regulate it, but then they risk the power 5 breaking off (which was the whole point of this anyway).

The NCAA should have just offered profit sharing with players.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT