ADVERTISEMENT

CUSA MBB getting no respect in the polls

FiliUTEP

MI Miner Maniac
Feb 1, 2010
Its ridiculous. CUSA has 4 strong teams with good quailty wins and only 9ne is barely getting votes.

Which team are you referring to with good quality wins?

MTSU lost to Belmont and beat Ole Miss and Vandy, neither of whom are above .500. Beating bottom SEC teams and nobody else screams Top 25 to you? Ok.

Reactions: El Paso 777
Wku beat Purdue

3 teams are in the top 40 in RPI.

CUSA should get 2 teams in tourney if the top 4 teams keep doing good. It helps that last place team Utep beat a good Pac 12 team.

That is a good win. Also vs SMU. However, they just lost to Ohio. They pretty much have to run the table the rest of the way to be considered at-large.

Washington St has lost 3 in a row, that will probably not be a "good win" come March.

CUSAs bottom is terrible. Does not look good for 2 teams in March.

the only thing UTEP can do is keep winning.
It will be hard to get into the NCAA if they don't win the tourney.

Go miners...

Purdue was a good win for Western Kentucky, but Eastern Kentucky and Ohio were both bad losses.
MTSU losing to Belmont is not a terrible loss as they can balance it out with the win at Vandy and Ole Miss. A win against Auburn will help as well.
LTech has some really bad losses: SF Austin, and ULL, with no big quality wins.
Marshall has not beaten anyone of substance and have bad losses to Morehead, Illinois and William and Mary.
Old Dominion has 1 good win over Dayton otherwise no great wins, and losses to Temple, William and Mary, and VCU.
Florida Atlantic has 1 good win over Boston College, and horrible losses to Towson and Missouri State.

This is shaping up to be another one bid league unfortunately unless MTSU and LTech run the table and only have losses to each other. That is the only possibility. Just like the Mountain West, it has the bottom half of the conference bringing them down.

Belmont is the 2017-2018 Cinderella team. They are a really good ball club. Take that to Juarez and enjoy your winnings at the Mariscal.
OTB baby! Is it still there? I used to bet $5 for $100 on picking five college games when I was a teenager. Only won a few times but when I did I was able to drink a few beers and wonder down further Mariscal (passed the man ladies trying to grab crotches) for some strip club fun.

What’s going to hurt the C-USA teams is not who they lose to right now, it’s when we start getting into Feb/March and they’re beating the bottom feeders in the conference and that will inevitably drive down their RPI.

Ok guy. The guy who brought it up, clearly states Boston College and not Bethune Cookman. Clearly, not a joke, but whatever makes you happy!

WKU just lost to 4-7 Wisconsin. CUSA up to its regular results.
4-7 Wisconsin:

Lost to Top 20 teams: Baylor, UCLA, Virginia & Xavier. They front loaded their OOC schedule. High risk that can pretty much get you an auto bid to NCAA if it pays off. The other good thing about such a tough OOC schedule is that the NCAA usually give these schedules weight if you make a good run in conference. It's like putting the finger on the scale so to speak. This scheduling kills the mid major who have 22 plus wins from getting the bid because they don't have the OOC schedule strength as compared to a Wisconsin. So this is a good move on Wisconsin's part.

As far as WKU, they need to win these. For Wisconsin, it's seen as "win the games you're supposed to win".

Wisconsin can make the Tourney at 18-14 because the committee will look at their wins. While mid-majors get their losses looked at.

I hope UTEPs next coach has a different scheduling philosophy. Losing at Wisconsin is better than beating UIW anywhere. Less cupcakes, more road games.

LOL. That is my fault. I looked at the BC symbol and guessed it was Boston College when I wrote my post on non conference wins and losses. He was just going off my post.

I did the same thing. I think their colors are even the same...

Last edited:
Wisconsin can make the Tourney at 18-14 because the committee will look at their wins. While mid-majors get their losses looked at.

I hope UTEPs next coach has a different scheduling philosophy. Losing at Wisconsin is better than beating UIW anywhere. Less cupcakes, more road games.
Totally agree. (One whiskey shot:p)

Reactions: LaserCoog
Hey Laser. You going to Hawaii?

I tried. Santa asked if I'd been good this year. I said, "Define good.", to which she quickly responded, "In that case, no Hawaii for you." So there you go. You?

P.S. I enjoyed watching Alex play this year. UH should be loaded next year, especially at QB, so wish he had one more. Just one more...

Reactions: MineroFanatico
I tried. Santa asked if I'd been good this year. I said, "Define good.", to which she quickly responded, "In that case, no Hawaii for you." So there you go. You?

P.S. I enjoyed watching Alex play this year. UH should be loaded next year, especially at QB, so wish he had one more. Just one more...

Haha. Hard to believe you weren't "good enough" this year to get to go! Not going. Too much $ for too short of a time. Plus, I can't bring myself to let my 20 yr old spend Christmas alone. Too much working against us. Oh well.

Thanks man. Appreciate the kind words on Alex. Wish he had one more year, too, especially now that Brian Johnson is gone. What a train wreck of an OC. He was in over his head.

I don't remember who, but someone raised his name as possible head coach here at UTEP. Whoever you are, thank your lucky stars you didn't get what you wished for!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT