ADVERTISEMENT

Dana Dimel?

My question is why does he have to wait until AFTER the Bowl game? It’s not the playoffs or anything. Get your butt down here NOW and get to work. I’m sure Coach Synder has the offense covered.

If there are any women out there who even think Coach Dimel touched, groped, leaned forward for unwanted kisses, or spoke to you in any inappropriate way please call KSU athletics or UTEP AD Senter immediately.

This is Bob Stull's hire!!

This was a GOP Roger Stone trickster type hiring. KSU didn't want him any more and smoothly got rid of him. No harm, no foul. He wasn't putting up bad numbers, but not putting up better numbers and obviously KSU wanted to go a different direction without the black eye put on Snyder coaching.

Gawd damn spin come tomorrow morning all over El Paso is "UTEP HIRES SNYDER PROTEGE!"

Reactions: utep-piggy
This was a GOP Roger Stone trickster type hiring. KSU didn't want him any more and smoothly got rid of him. No harm, no foul. He wasn't putting up bad numbers, but not putting up better numbers and obviously KSU wanted to go a different direction without the black eye put on Snyder coaching.

Gawd damn spin come tomorrow morning all over El Paso is "UTEP HIRES SNYDER PROTEGE!"

Well, he is a Snyder protégé.

Reactions: EPTUTEP
Wow what happened!? Not the young OC that we wanted. I have never heard of this coach. Did Senter sign off on this. I'm shocked. So much for all the rumors of the possible candidates.

So you're saying we got foisted?

Don't often get to use that word

Reactions: jdubb66
So you're saying we got foisted?

Don't often get to use that word
Ha! Yes. KSU athletics director work on the inside and KSU boosters influence over UTEP booster(s). This was an out n out con job by KSU or negligence by UTEP or a little bit of both.

This happened to UAB a few years back when they hired a Georgia reject. Blazer fans and media were pissed and he turned out to be a bust.

Last week Senter sat down with Kappy and Duke Keith and when asked about the Head Coaching position, he said: “we want someone who has won everywhere they have been.” Then we hire a Head Coach with an overall losing record? What happened?, did Senter forget what he said in only a week?

I am willing to give the guy a chance and want to listen to his press conference first, before making too many comments, but I don’t think this is going to be the type of splash hire that we needed to help attendance.

My thoughts exactly MinerJo. SOO many experts in here who should have been Athletic Directors somewhere. Never happy, never satisfied with anything. Don't like it, don't buy tickets. We'll be glad to take your seats. GO MINERS !!!!

What a bunch of babies. Give the guy a chance. Let's trust the AD everyone of you wanted! Shovelshit shoveling shit once again! Annoying!
Give the guy a chance? He had mediocrity at Wyoming and sucked at Houston. He was fired at KSU.

UTEP had an applicant who won a national championship at D2 level, got Nebraska-ized at that school. Went to "Sam" (that's what Huntsville citizenry call SHSU) and continued winning in a state he was not familiar with when he arrived in Huntsville. UTEP had two other stud assistants.

Nothing against him personally but this is water treatment plant stench.

Last week Senter sat down with Kappy and Duke Keith and when asked about the Head Coaching position, he said: “we want someone who has won everywhere they have been.” Then we hire a Head Coach with an overall losing record? What happened?, did Senter forget what he said in only a week?

I am willing to give the guy a chance and want to listen to his press conference first, before making too many comments, but I don’t think this is going to be the type of splash hire that we needed to help attendance.

Not only that, but said he wasn't going to sacrifice quality over speed. So, I guess Dimel is a quality hire in his eyes.

My thoughts exactly MinerJo. SOO many experts in here who should have been Athletic Directors somewhere. Never happy, never satisfied with anything. Don't like it, don't buy tickets. We'll be glad to take your seats. GO MINERS !!!!
That's the problem, people are no longer buying tickets.

Reactions: Tucson_Miner

Sounds like a typical Stullesk response to legitimate criticism. Name ONE thing UTEP fans should be happy about the last 3-5 years.

Attempt at rationalization: We recruited to be a run heavy team for the past 5 years, so let's bring in an OC who ran a run heavy offense. Essentially trying to go for the quick fix. If so, GD that's really shortsighted. I don't think anyone here would give another coach time to build the program with a change in offensive philosophy.

Or are we still on the we don't want another up and coming young coach to leave us like BG, Doc, and Barbee? Still haven't learned out lesson in that case.

Sounds like a typical Stullesk response to legitimate criticism. Name ONE thing UTEP fans should be happy about the last 3-5 years.

You need to re-phrase this question. Only ask for mens bball and football. If you don't you'll get highlights from T&F, womens basketball and other non-revenue producing sports. Oh and attendance smack over NMSU.

Reactions: El Paso 777
That's the problem, people are no longer buying tickets.
Let's see, my President didn't win the Election BOO HOO !!! My School didn't hire who I (because I know) who should be hired. WAHHHHHH !!!! SEAN KUGLER/DANA DIMEL you choose !!!!

Reactions: MinerJo
Google k state football 2017 they have a couple of full games including shoot out with Ok St and last game against Iowa State.

Pretty easy to predict his offense. K-State plays hard-nosed, time of possession offense with a big, tough QB that can extend drives with his legs.
his offense might work for you all...it isn't the most exciting but it does work sometimes. Like mentioned before not sure if running everything through the QB zone read was Dimel's or Snyder's preference. It is a good system that accomplishes more with less talent though.

Well, he is a Snyder protégé.
it's those same boring plays that set up the big plays that get difficult to endure sometimes. Our offense lost some close ones and won some close ones this year, but pretty much hung with everyone we played with the exception of TCU. I wish you and Dimel well...

Reactions: develman
Great article by Alex, he's not thrilled with the announcement either.

https://www.minerrush.com/2017/12/6...l-utep-appears-to-go-the-safe-route-with-hire
K-State hasn't really been after many juco players of late to be honest, and rarely do we get top Texas recruits. Our national recruiting is in the 60-70 range, usually last in the Big12. So I suppose that speaks something about coaching....or rankings for that matter. Our coaches tend to go after good character , hard working types..sharing a common team bond...#Family

Last edited:
Reactions: axingfools1
K-State hasn't really been after many juco players of late to be honest, and rarely do we get top Texas recruits. Our national recruiting is in the 60-70 range, usually last in the Big12. So I suppose that speaks something about coaching....or rankings for that matter. Our coaches tend to go after good character , hard working types..sharing a common team bond...#Family
So we're basically getting an older Sean Kugler? Yikes.

Okay, I will never get over the Sterlin Gilbert snub but after a night of reflection I think I'm firmly behind coach Dimel.

Reactions: axingfools1

Wow! What exactly has happened in recent years to be happy about. For those paying any gawd damn attention, it has been apparent this program has been in decline for quite some time.

You know what we're happy with? Winning fb and bb teams, or at the very least, consistent improvement within those programs. We have seen neither for a loooooong time.

It amazes me that there are ANY "fans" who are happy with the state of affairs at UTEP. But have at it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT