ADVERTISEMENT

Dead Last

Rivals has our recruiting class rated LAST in Conference USA. Very sad

Yeah, yeah. What does Rivals know. Or ESPN. Or anyone else not named Dana Dismel. I doubt we have the #14 / last rated recruiting class in C- (nobody gives a **** about us) USA. I rate us at #13 in our conference!

Reactions: MinerFan79
Time will tell whether this recruiting class is good or bad but I would bet based on the contributions Dimel’s JUCO players have given this program the past 2 seasons that he is able to again get a lot out of these new players. Rivals rankings are totally subjective and I really wouldn’t give it a second thought.

While I think Dimel’s offense is the biggest obstacle to winning consistently against good and average teams, you can’t deny the fact that he has improved the talent on this team. My biggest beef with Dimel is his offense, not his recruiting.
The offense will work. He just needs a true and good dual threat QB to maximize it. Wasted play calling, time management, discipline and the killer mentality...those things need work.

Adding a pass catching TE and using our RBs to catch out of the backfield would just be icing on the cake!

No local kids this year???

Specifically, what local kids do you want them to sign this year?

This appears to be a down year for EP. Only 2 EP kids signed FBS yesterday. UTEP had offered both and they elected to go elsewhere. Not sure of any other EP kids this year who are considered legit FBS prospects.

As Kickball referenced, the early signing period is also mostly for JC/mid-year transfers who can come in for Spring Ball.

The offense will work. He just needs a true and good dual threat QB to maximize it. Wasted play calling, time management, discipline and the killer mentality...those things need work.

Adding a pass catching TE and using our RBs to catch out of the backfield would just be icing on the cake!
He got a highly rated TE

Reactions: axingfools1
Isn’t the TE a frosh? It is rare for Dimel to play freshmen. Not out of the question, but…

Especially at TE where a year or two in the weight room will do wonders.

Wonder if he’ll also go for a transfer TE, also. Would make sense.
Dimel specifically said that he has a good chance at playing right a way.

I noticed one of our recruits is a TE from Missouri. Hopefully he’s good

Specifically, what local kids do you want them to sign this year?

This appears to be a down year for EP. Only 2 EP kids signed FBS yesterday. UTEP had offered both and they elected to go elsewhere. Not sure of any other EP kids this year who are considered legit FBS prospects.

As Kickball referenced, the early signing period is also mostly for JC/mid-year transfers who can come in for Spring Ball.
Maybe the kid from Franklin? He was at multiple games this year

Seib’s size alone (6’5” 225) gives reason to work with and develop this guy. If he’s got good hands and speed he will be an asset for UTEP. We all agree the short to mid-range passing game is lacking with this team so hopefully a good tight end will entice Dimel to get this aspect of his offense more involved.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT