ADVERTISEMENT

DeLane Fitzgerald trash talks

Cube Jack

MI Hall of Famer
Mar 10, 2006
El Paso, TX
So was anyone here actually offended by what he said or just think he needs to stay in his FCS lane?

It was the talk of Minerpalooza and being brought up all over social media

He didn’t say anything offensive. Southern Utah is no pushover and I like having the extra motivation to out there and kick some butt. He made a typical boring FCS game at the Sun Bowl interesting.
He played the tired out "Americans have no talent" hurling insults at the borderland. Nothing new, everything borrowed. But you expect it from a player, fans (does SUU have fans? The high priest/Bishop for Cedar City LDS ward has season tix I suppose?) or a brain dead student body, not the head coach.

But let's not forget former UTEP players from the old WAC days have unanimously stated Utah (BYU & Utah) was the worst for hurling horrid insults. Guess nothing has changed?

Reactions: develman
Out of the loop what did he say?

He said El Paso was a vacation destination and that Juarez was a beautiful city. He also said that you can get beach front property near the Rio Grande.

So was anyone here actually offended by what he said or just think he needs to stay in his FCS lane?

It was the talk of Minerpalooza and being brought up all over social media

Yes it sounded like shade to me . I expect for the Sun Bowl crowd to respond, and I bet the coach will hear a response on the sidelines. He better be ready he will probably hear every insult you can think of.

He said El Paso was a vacation destination and that Juarez was a beautiful city. He also said that you can get beach front property near the Rio Grande.
And that UTEP football has been good for a long time.

I thought it was funny. I can see how some people may be offended, but pretty much everything he said was true. If we want change then things need to change. UTEP just needs to win this game and keep winning.

Most of what he said was true, but rude and classless.
Damn I hope we shut him up. If he is looking to move up to D1, pissing off potential landing spots is not the way to do it.
He should take a page out of Walden playbook. We all know he is going to be moving up, but he makes EP and UTEP look like Nirvana.

What a moron. Give the opposing team plenty of bulletin board material. Hope someone puts magnesium in their Gatorade.

Reactions: MinerFan79
He played the tired out "Americans have no talent" hurling insults at the borderland. Nothing new, everything borrowed. But you expect it from a player, fans (does SUU have fans? The high priest/Bishop for Cedar City LDS ward has season tix I suppose?) or a brain dead student body, not the head coach.

But let's not forget former UTEP players from the old WAC days have unanimously stated Utah (BYU & Utah) was the worst for hurling horrid insults. Guess nothing has changed?

Did some work in Utah once upon a time. Stayed at a hotel near BYU stadium. Several people asked me what position I played.....and when they found out I wasn't a football player you would've thought I had leprosy the way their disposition changed. F U C K this guy.

• Haha
Reactions: FarWestTexas
The funny thing is southern utah is an FCS school located in Cedar city, Utah. Cedar city is a small town of 35,000 near the Mojave desert, which is not exactly beachfront property. I’ll take the Chihuahuan desert anytime. SU is not exactly a football powerhouse and similar to UTEP has an all time losing record. The worst thing is they play in a tiny stadium that holds 8,500 people, which is smaller than some HS football stadiums in El Paso. Fitzgerald sounds like a total d-bag and reminds me of a little man trying to act tough. Hope the Sun Bowl is rocking tonight and the Miners hand Fitzgerald and su a beat down!

So does anyone think this was real or was he just trying to sell tickets??maybe Walden asked him for some help to sell tickets ?

Reactions: develman
I always did say El Paso should have like restaurants near the Rio Grande. Why doesn't El Paso build river front property?

Something about UTEP isn’t a rebuild it’s a build. Re means something was there before and something about remind him when the last time they were good
Bobby Dobbs was such coach. It was not peaches and cream towards the end but he rebuilt.

Mike Price had some success in year 1 and 2 with Stull players (he lost both bowls). Is that rebuilding?

I always did say El Paso should have like restaurants near the Rio Grande. Why doesn't El Paso build river front property?
There was a cool Mexican restaurant down by the river for years. Across from UTEP on the border highway. I forget the name?

You must be talking about the historic La Hacienda Restaurant. It’s a shame that place closed down.
I grew up going to that place. Manny, Carlos and Vicente from La Hacienda ended up opening Amigos in the 90s. Same quality food but the ambience and atmosphere couldn’t touch that of La Hacienda.

Reactions: Lil_Train and Rot
There was a cool Mexican restaurant down by the river for years. Across from UTEP on the border highway. I forget the name?

I don't think a border highway restaurant would be good. I was thinking maybe something away from the border. Unless El Paso can make a deal with Juarez to clean up it's side of the border and make it safe for tourists. But I doubt they will.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT