ADVERTISEMENT

Deon Barrett

Maximus Miner

Rookie
Jul 1, 2005
Great comeback by the Miners so far and how bout the 3 point shooting from the freshman. Win or lose he's gotta see more playing time and just maybe we have a little something going if Matt Wilms can just stay healthy. Even Kelvin Jones is also improving from tonight's performance.

Last edited:
I bet that whatever school Barrett transfers to next year will be thrilled with the way that he played tonight.

The Miner's played much better tonight. It was a tough loss, but at least there is some hope for this season after tonight's performance and the emergence of Barrett. The problem is that Floyd's history has taught us not to get excited about young players. We had a newcomer(Lee Moore) and an all-conference Freshman(Terry Winn) last year that we got excited about, only to see both of them gone half-a-year later. Sorry, just don't want to get fooled again.

I could only listen as well. Barrett hit the big 3 to give us the lead with 30 seconds left, UNM called the time out, and out of nowhere Yellen screams out "Thank You Bob Stull!" What on earth was he talking about?

Probably for allowing him to call a road game.

I could only listen as well. Barrett hit the big 3 to give us the lead with 30 seconds left, UNM called the time out, and out of no where Yellen screams out "Thank You Bob Stull!" What on earth was he talking about?
I heard that...senseless. Thought he wasn't doing road games.

I could only listen as well. Barrett hit the big 3 to give us the lead with 30 seconds left, UNM called the time out, and out of nowhere Yellen screams out "Thank You Bob Stull!" What on earth was he talking about?
I taught we couldn't afford to send Yellen on road games anymore?

I bet that whatever school Barrett transfers to next year will be thrilled with the way that he played tonight.

The Miner's played much better tonight. It was a tough loss, but at least there is some hope for this season after tonight's performance and the emergence of Barrett. The problem is that Floyd's history has taught us not to get excited about young players. We had a newcomer(Lee Moore) and an all-conference Freshman(Terry Winn) last year that we got excited about, only to see both of them gone half-a-year later. Sorry, just don't want to get fooled again.
It figures that after three positive posts with no like posted by 05, he responds with a like on the first negative post. Not a Miner fan!!! Proved it once again. Just a troll who is always looking for nothing but the dark side. As I've pointed out to you before....never the slightest hint of upside from you.

Reactions: AZminer
It figures that after three positive posts with no like posted by 05, he responds with a like on the first negative post. Not a Miner fan!!! Proved it once again. Just a troll who is always looking for nothing but the dark side. As I've pointed out to you before....never the slightest hint of upside from you.

HUH???

The first four posts were positive. Nothing from you.The fifth post from UTEP DEFENSE got your attention.

Because the sarcasm was hilarious. Lighten up. You must be one of those people who gets mad when somebody doesn't like your Facebook posts. I don't just like every post I read.

I could only listen as well. Barrett hit the big 3 to give us the lead with 30 seconds left, UNM called the time out, and out of nowhere Yellen screams out "Thank You Bob Stull!"

What on earth was he talking about?
Looking back on what Yellen said, I think he was thanking Stull for working with UNM to bring the series back. Should've thanked both schools, but I think that's what it was about.

Reactions: Tucson_Miner
11,838 out of 15,411. Official attendance for tonight in Albuquerque.

I could only listen as well. Barrett hit the big 3 to give us the lead with 30 seconds left, UNM called the time out, and out of nowhere Yellen screams out "Thank You Bob Stull!"

I think he was referring to Stull setting up the game with UNM.

11,838 out of 15,411. Official attendance for tonight in Albuquerque.

See what I am taking about?? REAL teams support their team no matter what opponent comes in..... last night 11 000 show up in the pit against a crappy opponent

See what I am taking about?? REAL teams support their team no matter what opponent comes in..... last night 11 000 show up in the pit against a crappy opponent

UNM wouldn't have 11K in the Pit if they were experiencing the depths we have the last several years. They are no more of a "REAL" team than we are. They are just more successful. Quite a bit more over the last 7 year stretch.

Did he pull a Mexican commentator?

UNM wouldn't have 11K in the Pit if they were experiencing the depths we have the last several years. They are no more of a "REAL" team than we are. They are just more successful. Quite a bit more over the last 7 year stretch.

UNM has been averaging over 15k in attendance since The Pit opened. Nothing new there.

So you admit we're a crappy team. That's good to acknowledge because we shouldn't be a crappy team in Floyds seventh year.

In the same time frame since Floyd was hired these are the achievements UNM has accomplished.
  • Won 22 games beat UTEP in the NIT
  • Won 28 games. Finished the season ranked #21. Won the MW tournament championship. Won the MW regular season championship. Won a game in the NCAA tournament.
  • Won 29 games. Finished the season ranked #10. Won the MW tournament championship. Won the MW regular season championship. Made the NCAA tournament as a #3 seed.
  • Won 27 games. Finished ranked #17 Won the MW tournament championship. Made the NCAA tournament.
  • Finished the regular season at .500 15-15
  • Finished the regular season at 17-14
The previous two years they have been in rebuilt mode. No emberrassing losses and they are making progress. All this in a much much tougher conference.

Give us similar results to what they have accomplished the past six years and we would also be averaging 11-12k per season.

So you admit we're a crappy team. That's good to acknowledge because we shouldn't be a crappy team in Floyds seventh year.

In the same time frame since Floyd was hired these are the achievements UNM has accomplished.
  • Won 22 games beat UTEP in the NIT
  • Won 28 games. Finished the season ranked #21. Won the MW tournament championship. Won the MW regular season championship. Won a game in the NCAA tournament.
  • Won 29 games. Finished the season ranked #10. Won the MW tournament championship. Won the MW regular season championship. Made the NCAA tournament as a #3 seed.
  • Won 27 games. Finished ranked #17 Won the MW tournament championship. Made the NCAA tournament.
  • Finished the regular season at .500 15-15
  • Finished the regular season at 17-14
The previous two years they have been in rebuilt mode. No emberrassing losses and they are making progress. All this in a much much tougher conference.

Give us similar results to what they have accomplished the past six years and we would also be averaging 11-12k per season.

Nice research. Thanks for putting it into even more perspective.

Reactions: UTEP05
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT