ADVERTISEMENT

D'oh! UTEP made the worst uni list.

I am not a fan of the color fading numbers, the fading stripe of dots on the shoulders and pants, or the "miners" written as a stripe on the pants. Just being normal in these areas would probably look better here instead of these weird designs. I do think that they could do MUCH better with our grey jerseys, but I don't hate our current uniforms and the overall color schemes look good.

The blue pants, white jerseys and orange helmets is the sharpest look that we currently have, in my opinion. I like the all white with orange helmets second, the all orange third, and the grey pants with white shirts fourth.

https://unitracker.wordpress.com/2015/05/11/utep-miners-2014-uniforms-7-6-5-3/

Last edited:
They weren't very good looking uniforms either. But I've never been a fan of the helmets either. I've never liked that they just say UTEP.

Reactions: Tribalwarriorx
What those beautiful GRAY uniforms or the psychedelic orange ones ?

IMO these are the best uni's UTEP has had ever:
fb-no15.jpg

He says the UTEP logo is ugly. I really disagree with that. I think we have the best logo going. It could be made to pop more on the helmet with the right color combo but the logo itself is great imo.

He says the UTEP logo is ugly. I really disagree with that. I think we have the best logo going. It could be made to pop more on the helmet with the right color combo but the logo itself is great imo.

I was going to post the same thing, I disagree that the logo is ugly. The logo is fantastic and is the best part of that hideous uniform.

fb-no15.jpg

The color scheme/mix was nice, but in reality, the design is used in youth football leagues - from about six to seven years ago.

fb-no15.jpg

I agree, however, those are Price era uni's and Kugler would rather get stuck in the eye with a hot poker than go back to that style. I hate the old late 80's Paydirt Pete logo he fell back on. It was goofy looking in '86-'88 and it looks terrible in '16!

Maybe because I was a kid in the 80s I really like the 80s looking helmets. But I can understand why people hate them. That miner isn't the toughest looking logo, and that logo will always be associated with mediocrity.

Reactions: miner661
Maybe because I was a kid in the 80s I really like the 80s looking helmets. But I can understand why people hate them. That miner isn't the toughest looking logo, and that logo will always be associated with mediocrity.

I agree with you about the helmet. Personally, I like the blue in the uniform better from back then as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT