ADVERTISEMENT

Expansion again

Geography is dead in conference realignment. They seem like a good add for football. We just have to accept that we are in CUSA and will be for a long time. The MWC ain't adding us unless we win championships in football and basketball. And we make significant facility upgrades.

In the conference landscape of today, geography is a tertiary consideration at best. We'll just have to suck it up in the travel expense area for all sports. I guess the main consideration is what a new addition brings to the table for improving CUSAs image in football and basketball. Missouri State seems to be middle of the road in both right now, from what little I've seen of them. Any thoughts on that? Missouri State was 17-16 in basketball in a conference that is rated higher than CUSA. I'm curious as to how that will translate to us. It sounds like they have been up and down in football. A good season followed by a mediocre season. We'll see how well they step up to the FBS level.

Reactions: kickballpro
I get that but I don't know what conference would take any of these teams.
Missouri St. has honestly been on the CUSA radar from the start. After the 6 teams left to the AAC, this was one of the 1st teams mentioned. I assume they just weren't ready at that time.

Missouri St. has honestly been on the CUSA radar from the start. After the 6 teams left to the AAC, this was one of the 1st teams mentioned. I assume they just weren't ready at that time.
From what I remember, they didn't want to join cusa at that time and instead wanted the sun belt. CUSA lacked stability at that time.

From what I remember, they didn't want to join cusa at that time and instead wanted the sun belt. CUSA lacked stability at that time.
Oh ok, I didn't know the details, but I remember they were one of the original names mentioned.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT