ADVERTISEMENT

FIFA World Cup - Qatar 2022

Argentina-Saudi Arabia game looked like a Concacaf with Mexico and some island nation. The smaller outclassed team just being physical and committing tons of fouls to reset the defense. Paid off with a shocker

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Who is in a better spot to advance? Mexico or the USA?

Both teams are in similar scenarios. However, I think Mexico is in a better situation. If England beats the USA, then they will rest vs a Wales team that needs a result.

If Argentina beats Mexico, then Mexico will know what they need as far as Goal Differential vs KSA. And Poland will be fighting a desperate Argentina and will get eliminated with 4 points in the group.

Both teams are in similar scenarios. However, I think Mexico is in a better situation. If England beats the USA, then they will rest vs a Wales team that needs a result.

If Argentina beats Mexico, then Mexico will know what they need as far as Goal Differential vs KSA. And Poland will be fighting a desperate Argentina and will get eliminated with 4 points in the group.
Not only rest vs Wales, but I think help Wales out if they can.

I see both Wales and USMNT beating Iran and both losing to England. Wales has the luxury of playing England last in group play. England will have already clinched the group. I think they’d help their neighbors out if at all possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: kickballpro

Thanks. This is the only time I follow with great fan interest.

Go USA!
Go Uruguay!

Not only rest vs Wales, but I think help Wales out if they can.

I see both Wales and USMNT beating Iran and both losing to England. Wales has the luxury of playing England last I. Group play. England will have already clinched the group. I think they’d help their neighbors out if at all possible.
exactly

A team ranked 50 by fifa just beat a top 5 team. I don't see why a borderline top 10 team can't beat a top 5 team.

Reactions: FeralFelidae
Who is in a better spot to advance? Mexico or the USA?
If Mexico had Santi Gimenez (like it should of) instead of Raul Jimenez, and a least Carlos Vela and or Chicharito, I think Mexico would be far superior, but with the current lineup I think the US is a better team.

A team ranked 50 by fifa just beat a top 5 team. I don't see why a borderline top 10 team can't beat a top 5 team.
Maybe because I see the players for England more often due to the EPL and that’s why I don’t see the US winning unless they really have a bad lineup/day. Pope at GK over Pickford back four of TAA, Walker, Shaw, and Maguire
Midfield: Bellingham, Mount, and Rice
Forwards: Kane, Saka, and Sterling

Easily 5-1 with that lineup

Again, we’ll see. Would be extremely happy for the 🇺🇸 to win or draw so I can give s*** to my English friends

If Mexico had Santi Gimenez (like it should of) instead of Raul Jimenez, and a least Carlos Vela and or Chicharito, I think Mexico would be far superior, but with the current lineup I think the US is a better team.

Maybe, but i just think that Mexico is in a slightly better spot to advance. I think they are still ok if they lose to Argentina and any result gives them a chance to advance. If the US doesn’t get a result against England their WC is over.

People are acting like we're asking for Qatar to beat Brazil or France. USMNT vs England is much more evenly matched than Argentina vs Saudi Arabia. USMNT like Mexico, plays up to their competition. I fully expect at least a point for the Americans.

Reactions: kickballpro
People are acting like we're asking for Qatar to beat Brazil or France. USMNT vs England is much more evenly matched than Argentina vs Saudi Arabia. USMNT like Mexico, plays up to their competition. I fully expect at least a point for the Americans.
You have more faith than I do.

You have more faith than I do.
Think back to the last time USMNT played in a world cup. Beat the #4 team and played toe to toe with the #2 team. CONCACAF giants can hold their own and beat the world giants, in group stage.

Think back to the last time USMNT played in a world cup. Beat the #4 team and played toe to toe with the #2 team. CONCACAF giants can hold their own and beat the world giants, in group stage.
I have been saying we are limping into this World Cup. It’s not that the USMNT can’t hold their own at times. It’s more that I don’t have faith in THIS Greg Berhalter coached USMNT. We have minimal capacity to put the ball in the net.

I hope you’re right and I’m wrong.

Reactions: minerfan_14
I have been saying we are limping into this World Cup. It’s not that the USMNT can’t hold their own at times. It’s more that I don’t have faith in THIS Greg Berhalter coached USMNT. We have minimal capacity to put the ball in the net.

I hope you’re right and I’m wrong.
Same

Berhalter and the U.S. just need to find their balls and go for it and stop being a bunch of wussies. A tie with England is fine, but if we pack it in we will lose for sure and then Berhalter would likely be fired if we don't get out of the group stage. He screwed up the 2nd half against Wales.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT