ADVERTISEMENT

Find a new coach sooner rather than later

Tucson_Miner

MI Regular
Nov 24, 2004
i am convinced that we need to hire a new men’s basketball coach prior to the end of the season. This is a complete rebuild and they are going to need to replace at least 80% of the current roster if they are going to want to sniff competitiveness next season. CTF complained, even brought it up the day he resigned, that Barbee left him with 11 seniors. Well, what the hell did he leave us with? Those 11 seniors were an NCAA tournament team even after he couldn’t keep Caracter or Moultrie.

And for the record, if simply asked I would donate toward the coaches salaries, as mentioned in another thread, but the current administration isn’t capable of asking. That would actually require work and being nice to EVERYONE.

i am convinced that we need to hire a new men’s basketball coach prior to the end of the season. This is a complete rebuild and they are going to need to replace at least 80% of the current roster if they are going to want to sniff competitiveness next season. CTF complained, even brought it up the day he resigned, that Barbee left him with 11 seniors. Well, what the hell did he leave us with? Those 11 seniors were an NCAA tournament team even after he couldn’t keep Caracter or Moultrie.

And for the record, if simply asked I would donate toward the coaches salaries, as mentioned in another thread, but the current administration isn’t capable of asking. That would actually require work and being nice to EVERYONE.
Unfortunately your forgetting the other side of things. Most coaches Utep will be looking at are still coaching and won't be able to interview or accept til the end of the season.

Last edited:
Great post Tucson. I just hope a new coach is hired before March Madness is over.

I think right now the clock is ticking to find a football coach. It's crazy to think the spring game is just over 4 months away.

Reactions: Tucson_Miner
Desirable coaches aren't usually available mid-season. I'm on the wait until the end of the season unless they can land a surprise hire. Pitino type coach that's in trouble and isn't coaching not some old past his time coach.

Reactions: MinerInWisconsin
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT