ADVERTISEMENT

#FIREDISMALNOW

Or he keeps coaching on while UTEP does an active coaching search without the publicity of firing a coach midseason. Worked well with NMSU for Coach Martin and that's how we landed Kill. Controversy midseason hurts a lot, otherwise we'd see half the MAC teams doing the same. Dimel does have to go but maximize the funds and time available.

Reactions: MINER.JAY
Or he keeps coaching on while UTEP does an active coaching search without the publicity of firing a coach midseason. Worked well with NMSU for Coach Martin and that's how we landed Kill. Controversy midseason hurts a lot, otherwise we'd see half the MAC teams doing the same. Dimel does have to go but maximize the funds and time available.
I don’t know for sure because I haven’t researched it but I bet the difference with those MAC coaches is that they are not 6 years in. There is no “controversy” in letting a coach go mid-late year with only one of those seasons being above .500. Coordinators become interim head coaches frequently.

He “should” be fired immediately in my opinion.

Getting paid for mediocrity as long as you possibly can - that’s the UTEP way
He's done at the end of the year. Sucks we have to hear how excuses and no sense about we shoulda coulda BS every game. He watches a game that nobody sees, but him. Can't wait for the coaching search to be announced! Kill embarrassed him last night!

Reactions: develman
Dimel knows he can be gone by Monday or end of season. Someone stated two weeks ago that their internal gossip says he will be gone end of season if he has a losing record.

Dimel knows he can be gone by Monday or end of season. Someone stated two weeks ago that their internal gossip says he will be gone end of season if he has a losing record.
He's definitely going to have a losing season and I'd say it's 80% and rising that he's gone at the end of the season

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT