ADVERTISEMENT

First 2 UTEP bball games discussion

NoNCAAWinsSince1992

MI Miner Maniac
Nov 12, 2019
A lot of excitement for these two!

Tonight vs McMurry
Thursday vs USAO (Science & Arts of Oklahoma)

Both games on ESPN+ and will be lightly attended.

I’m going tonight to see if we have anyone who can shoot. 🤷‍♂️
I'll be watching on the tube tonight, and the shooting and a first peak at the new guys are the reasons why. Obviously we should blow out this team and the next, so the W will mean nothing. Now if we struggle, that will be a bad sign.

I'll be watching on the tube tonight, and the shooting and a first peak at the new guys are the reasons why. Obviously we should blow out this team and the next, so the W will mean nothing. Now if we struggle, that will be a bad sign.
I'll be watching as well. It will be interesting to see who runs the point if Powell is out. Probably Terrell by default. Hardy was not good last year when he was forced into play lead guard, and that is putting it mildly.

Wheres Mike Peake when we need him?
aggy are shooters

800px-New_Mexico_State_Aggies_logo.svg.png

Looking at Kalu, I’m hoping he can put it together this year because he is looking like a physical specimen. He “should” dominate CUSA with the added bulk.

Reactions: MinerManiac
I don’t care about the score or other stats for this game, my biggest takeaway so far is there is way more ball movement and scoring actions in the half court and good flow. It’s not pretty but it’s a major improvement and good film to break down even though McMurray is pretty outmatched. Now the execution isn’t great but schematically the offense looks way different from just the first five mins.

One thing that concerns me early is defensive rebounding. We're letting a team like McMurray get WAY too many offensive boards.

Reactions: Lil_Train
I don’t care about the score or other stats for this game, my biggest takeaway so far is there is way more ball movement and scoring actions in the half court and good flow. It’s not pretty but it’s a major improvement and good film to break down even though McMurray is pretty outmatched. Now the execution isn’t great but schematically the offense looks way different from just the first five mins.
Agree. And because of that ball movement, there seems to be more scoring options. Again, like you said, this is against far inferior competition, but I like the ball movement and flow.

The other thread for this game is now more active, recommend posting there if you haven't already started

Is there any such thing as media royalty in El Paso? Back in the day Estella Casas? Fred Albers, Bob Nitzburg, Steve Crosno, Strelz? Not living in EP for over a quarter century I don't know if Duke Kieth in media "Royalty" I remember he was like a weekend DJ back then or something like that at KLAQ.

Reactions: Lil_Train
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT