ADVERTISEMENT

First UTEP Fan Council Meeting

If you don’t mind me asking, how old are you, minerforlife? I’m just curious because maybe it’s a generational thing.

By the way, this is sportrivalry.com’s definition of rivalry: A fluctuating adversarial relationship existing between two teams, players, or groups of fans, gaining significance through on-field competition, on-field or off-field incidences, proximity, demographic makeup, and/or historical occurrence(s) (Havard, Gray, Gould, Sharp, & Schaffer, 2013).

Like it or not, UTEP vs NMSU embodies most, if not all, of the elelements used to make up that definition. Just sayin. I suppose you can make up your own definition though.

Reactions: El Paso Is Great
I can understand dropping NMSU for a more lucrative matchup. I can’t understand dropping NMSU and then saying we are going to host an FCS school every season. I’d rather keep the Aggies on the schedule.

Reactions: Dmanminer
Suggestion- make it more family friendly when charging GA. If you have a family of six a $15 ticket is pricy. Lower GA tickets for kids 12 and under to $5. The athletic department will make the gain in the concession stands.

GO MINERS!

Do we have a basketball alumni game? If not that would be a good preseason game that could draw interest from the city. Do an old vs new game every year. Get players like Bo, Randy, Jackson, or who ever wants to play vs our projected five.

Mix them up. Would be a thrill for the new guys to play alongside well known former Miners and make the game a bit more even. Either way, I like your idea.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT