ADVERTISEMENT

Football Marketing Idea

jdubb66

MI Hall of Famer
Feb 10, 2009
Taking a tip from the Vols. Let's offer Ft. Bliss a couple of tank loads of free tickets. Military appreciation and all.

UTEP has done this many times before. Even with free tickets the soldiers don't show up. They would rather be doing other things. I don't blame them. They were over 50,000 tickets that were bought last year that weren't used.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
Miners should try to give tickets to the homeless or people in the Segundo Barrio. They could provide them with a hot meal and let them use the football teams showers during the 1st half.

Reactions: El Paso Is Great
For whatever reason Fort Bliss soldiers has always been a market in which UTEP has tried to take advantage of and has always been disappointed. My dad was Army and we were given all kinds of tickets throughout the 80's, its how I became a fan. But that's not typical. Most soldiers who move here from elsewhere already have a team or are just not interested.

One thing I remember from the 80's were Family Four Pack discount, kids free coupons, to the Diablos on every counter top at every convenience store in town. It was in every backpack at every school. And now they've developed an entire fan base of baseball fans. Fort Bliss soldiers are going to leave with the exception of retirees. They're not planting roots. Get those free kids tickets in the hands of every school kid in the area.

Reactions: JCorona
For whatever reason Fort Bliss soldiers has always been a market in which UTEP has tried to take advantage of and has always been disappointed. My dad was Army and we were given all kinds of tickets throughout the 80's, its how I became a fan. But that's not typical. Most soldiers who move here from elsewhere already have a team or are just not interested.

One thing I remember from the 80's were Family Four Pack discount, kids free coupons, to the Diablos on every counter top at every convenience store in town. It was in every backpack at every school. And now they've developed an entire fan base of baseball fans. Fort Bliss soldiers are going to leave with the exception of retirees. They're not planting roots. Get those free kids tickets in the hands of every school kid in the area.
Students get sections 18-20. I think it would be a good idea to take away section 18 from them since they don’t fill them up. Then designate it as “future student section” and go around all the city high schools giving free tickets to whoever would attend.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT