ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting

With quite a few players on the transfer portal, does anyone know how many scholarships UTEP has available? Besides QB and Receivers, what are our biggest needs?

Yes, you read that right. A 5 star punter.

Anybody commit this weekend? Saw Deion stole our O-Lineman, wondering is any kids committed to us….
Sure Deion, said how much you want? Easy sell...As Walden's staff get's situated, i'm sure we will hear more. This recruiting class is going to be very important. Can this staff close the deal? Dimel seemed to recruit players, that end up moving up to bigger programs. Which is shocking and annoying, given the lack of success...

Reactions: kickballpro
Sure Deion, said how much you want? Easy sell...As Walden's staff get's situated, i'm sure we will hear more. This recruiting class is going to be very important. Can this staff close the deal? Dimel seemed to recruit players, that end up moving up to bigger programs. Which is shocking and annoying, given the lack of success...
I remember haters on twitter and on here say that none of our players could start for any other program. If any maybe our linebacker and Hankins.

Look at us now. We are a legit farmclub.

If Coach Walden can land recruits from North Shore, UTEP may have landed a special coach. This is a different departure that UTEP has not seen since the Price days who did go after Houston/Galveston and DFW/Dallas above three star recruits. One prized top recruit in Houston once told Price after their introduction, "What's a UTEP?". LOL, I'll never forget that.

Kugler and his staff did travers the U.S. but mainly from areas he worked, i.e. the Northwest and NorCal (Boise) and Pennsylvania (Developed connections as a Steelers assistant which is how he landed Mack Leftwich) and was fiercely and publicly open opponent of recruiting sites. Dimel as "all JUCO baby" and to his credit did recruit El Paso high schools, as did Kugler, rather well IMO.

Downside, expect Walden to be poached quickly by a P5 school.

Reactions: PickMyAxe915
I hope he has success and does get poached by a P5. Because if he does, we can never use the excuse again that you can't win at UTEP.
Same, the Bob Stull era was short but a lot of great memories.

I was all in on Jason Rabedeaux. I bought great season tickets and everything.

Even though this feels the same, I think the results will be different. I am all in on Coach Walden

Reactions: jdubb66
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT