ADVERTISEMENT

Former Miner wins Powerball

No!!!!! I hadn’t thought of this story once in 5 years.
Well that's a lie, because you just replied to this story. If you not interested you dont have to reply. Let the rest of us talk about the ex miner who might of won Powerball. I can't believe this hasn't made the news??

Well that's a lie, because you just replied to this story. If you not interested you dont have to reply. Let the rest of us talk about the ex miner who might of won Powerball. I can't believe this hasn't made the news??

Hello, Special Resident. You're a nice boy. People respond to you because people want to be kind to a nice boy. I think Mr. Corona has a tasty lollipop for you because he likes when you post and it doesn't matter to him what you post about because he likes you!

Be a good boy now and go get your lollipop from Mr. Corona. He's a very nice man and he really, really likes you. Maybe he might even tell you a nice bedtime story.

Go on now. Good boy!

Hello, Special Resident. You're a nice boy. People respond to you because people want to be kind to a nice boy. I think Mr. Corona has a tasty lollipop for you because he likes when you post and it doesn't matter to him what you post about because he likes you!

Be a good boy now and go get your lollipop from Mr. Corona. He's a very nice man and he really, really likes you. Maybe he might even tell you a nice bedtime story.

Go on now. Good boy!

Your just a regular, I'm a Hall of Fame poster. I keep this board alive during the dead season. Maybe one day you can be in the Hall of Fame??

Your just a regular, I'm a Hall of Fame poster. I keep this board alive during the dead season. Maybe one day you can be in the Hall of Fame??
We're in the middle of basketball season. How about some threads about what you see during the games?

Reactions: picks up
We're in the middle of basketball season. How about some threads about what you see during the games?
Really?? There is thread about a fan screaming. Everything has been talked about with the team.

To everyone who thonks that the lottery winner in this thread walked away with $1 B, here is a little bit of a reality check. The original poster said that Russell Carr was one of the winners of a $1.6 B PowerBall jackpot back in 2016. So I looked it up. There were three winners in that drawing. This does not mean that they each walked away at the end of the day with over $530 M. Most winners choose the cash option when they play the lottery. The cash option for the almost $1.6 B was $983.5 M, or just over $327.8 M each. Now I believe that federal income taxes for that amount of money were 39.5% at the time. If that's the case the winners would have taken home ~ $198.3 M. The Russell Carr that won was apparently from CA, which has a state income tax (I have no idea of the tax rate). So the amount he took home would be even less.

Whether the Russell Carr who won the lottery was the former UTEP player, which has apparently not been verified, or not, that individual did win a staggering amount of money. A life changing amount of money. But no where near $1 B.

One final note: if a UTEP alumnus does ever win a large lottery jackpot, the way they want to spend that money will be up to them.

498ydw.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT