ADVERTISEMENT

Foster Pavillion at...Baylor?

I have new glasses and can’t see shit in there with those ancient can lights shining in your face.
Get better seats. I've never heard of someone complaining about lighting.
Where do you sit??

5th row — how about you.
I dont go to games I dont live in El Paso. But when I did I got the cheap tickets and just moved down.

UTEP needs to spend money on things that attract recruitss, Utep doesn't need to spend money just to please fans. Recruits dont come on visits to see if UTEP has LED lighting. Just go look at the facilities that other schools have and compare them to Utep. Like how does Utep feed its student athletes?? Anyone know?? I remember along time ago I was a Lubys and the whole football team was there. Hopefully by now Utep has something on campus where the team can eat.

I dont go to games I dont live in El Paso. But when I did I got the cheap tickets and just moved down.

UTEP needs to spend money on things that attract recruitss, Utep doesn't need to spend money just to please fans. Recruits dont come on visits to see if UTEP has LED lighting. Just go look at the facilities that other schools have and compare them to Utep. Like how does Utep feed its student athletes?? Anyone know?? I remember along time ago I was a Lubys and the whole football team was there. Hopefully by now Utep has something on campus where the team can eat.

wackaflocka.gif

Better get in the game quick. If a small town of 70k can do it there's no reason EP can't.
Even if it’s a small town, they still have 17,000 students.

WKU won the FCS championship in 2006 and made the Sweet 16 in 2008. They have been to the NCAA tournament 10 times since UTEP last won a game. UTEP has been 3 times in 30 years!!!

WKU gets support because there’s nothing else to do there and they’ve won stuff. UTEP can’t even win a NM Bowl or the Basketball Classic. El Paso is done with UTEP as a charity case.

The era of improving facilities to attract recruits is over. Now you get them with NIL paychecks.
That's what I've been saying. I said it earlier in this thread. Invest 1 million for a 4 star or higher player. I would say for Basketball unless it's a QB. Forget about LED lighting and indoor practice field. Go get some blue chip players. Have you seen the players that UCF has got in football. That's why Nick Saben is mad it gives the smaller schools the ability to play with the big schools . Schools like SMU and Rice should benefit from the NIL. UTEP should not be losing its local stars. KJ Lewis should be in Utep, some local business should've given him a NIL deal to stay in El Paso.

Even if it’s a small town, they still have 17,000 students.

WKU won the FCS championship in 2006 and made the Sweet 16 in 2008. They have been to the NCAA tournament 10 times since UTEP last won a game. UTEP has been 3 times in 30 years!!!

WKU gets support because there’s nothing else to do there and they’ve won stuff. UTEP can’t even win a NM Bowl or the Basketball Classic. El Paso is done with UTEP as a charity case.
UTEP and El Paso are always full of excuses as to why they don't win or support the university. If a poorer city 1/10th the size of El Paso can figure it out, I don't see why we can't.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
UTEP and El Paso are always full of excuses as to why they don't win or support the university. If a poorer city 1/10th the size of El Paso can figure it out, I don't see why we can't.
UTEP hires the coaches, who get the players. Has nothing to do with El Paso. UTEP doesn’t win because of UTEP, nothing else.

UTEP is El Paso’s 8th biggest employer. WKU is Bowling Green’s biggest employer. WKU also employs 1,000 more people than UTEP, despite having 8,000 less students than UTEP.

UTEP can’t “figure it out” because they tolerate losing, kept coaches too long, and made bad hires. Not because “El Paso doesn’t support them”.

Yeah always tossing the blame back and forth like a hot potatoe. "We don't support losing teams" "We can't compete cuz we don't have money"
Well I'm much more of a basketball fan. Ive been watching UTEP MBB games since the mid 80s. I am an alumni, my oldest son is an alumni and my second son is attending UTEP now. I used to buy 4 season tickets (started when CTF was hired). That was a donation of about $300-400 per ticket. I stopped towards the end of the Floyd era because I started to feel like my money was being wasted AND I was tired of the idea that random people could just come down and sit in front of me. Happened frequently. I complained, but it was just blown off and they would ask for more money. Anyway I would still go to many basketball games. I even bought season tickets again for Terry's second season. Last year the price increase of individual tickets (at the time and in retrospect horrible timing by the way) kind of irked me out of most games. I still went to a few because I love UTEP basketball and my family enjoys them as well. It's too bad because fortunately I can afford the tickets and I would like to donate, but schedule, conference, leadership, lack of trust trust and lack of winning are all deterrents for me right now. It is what it is. Maybe some day UTEP will find a way to attract my athletic donations again and hopefully when that day comes I will still be able to give.

Last edited:

The per capital income is higher in Bowling Green.

The per capital income is higher in Bowling Green.

They're pretty damned close. Bowling Green is $24,379:
https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/bowlinggreencitykentucky

El Paso is $23,450:
https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fact/table/elpasocitytexas/INC110220

Given El Paso's larger population, I would expect more overall local support in El Paso.

I wonder if we can get Chico's Tacos to do a NIL sponsorship. Bowling Green doesn't have Chico's Tacos.

El Paso is poorer. That's a fact. That's all I was trying to prove.

Well I'm much more of a basketball fan. Ive been watching UTEP MBB games since the mid 80s. I am an alumni, my oldest son is an alumni and my second son is attending UTEP now. I used to buy 4 season tickets (started when CTF was hired). That was a donation of about $300-400 per ticket. I stopped towards the end of the Floyd era because I started to feel like my money was being wasted AND I was tired of the idea that random people could just come down and sit in front of me. Happened frequently. I complained, but it was just blown off and they would ask for more money. Anyway I would still go to many basketball games. I even bought season tickets again for Terry's second season. Last year the price increase of individual tickets (at the time and in retrospect horrible timing by the way) kind of irked me out of most games. I still went to a few because I love UTEP basketball and my family enjoys them as well. It's too bad because fortunately I can afford the tickets and I would like to donate, but schedule, conference, leadership, lack of trust trust and lack of winning are all deterrents for me right now. It is what it is. Maybe some day UTEP will find a way to attract my athletic donations again and hopefully when that day comes I will still be able to give.
Well said Axing. I agree with what you are saying especially the part where fans in the upper rows come down once the games start and end with better seats than I have even though I pay over $1,300! I do however continue to support the university and renew my basketball and football season tickets. I am trying to do my part otherwise UTEP will continue to be what it is. I respect your thinking though.

Now that is an honest everyday UTEP season ticket holder commentary. No trolling, straight from the heart and on point.

Bowling Green has less money than El Paso thus making it a poorer city.

As usual, you get stuck in one little metric and can't see the entire picture.

LOL Like I said, you always change the goalposts when you're wrong.

You clearly don't understand what per capita income is. Add that to net income and not understanding the 2021 football season and 2021-2022 basketball seasons are played in the same academic year.

It's like saying 1,000 people who have $1,000,000 are "poorer" than 10,000,000 people who have $100,000.

Last edited:
LOL Like I said, you always change the goalposts when you're wrong.

You clearly don't understand what per capital income is. Add that to net income and not understanding the 2021 football season and 2021-2022 basketball seasons are played in the same academic year.

It's like saying 1,000 people who have $1,000,000 are "poorer" than 10,000,000 people who have $100,000.
Like I said it takes more than one metric to determine who's wrong. I'll stand by comment and you can feel free to parade your I'm right trophy all you want.

Like I said it takes more than one metric to determine who's wrong. I'll stand by comment and you can feel free to parade your I'm right trophy all you want.

You're wrong. The per capita income is higher in El Paso. That is a fact.

According to you, a person who has $1,000,000 is "poorer" than 20 people with $100,000.

Reactions: JCorona

It's not a "trophy". That's the problem with stupid people. They stand by stupid comments and tell other stupid people their stupid comments. The stupid people believe the untrue information and the cycle goes on and on.

The cycle is only broken when those stupid people finally realize they're wrong.

Thanks for proving my point.

I feel so "poor". 10 people who make $20,000 are so much richer than me. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT