ADVERTISEMENT

Gilyard out

MINER.JAY

All Star
May 24, 2018
Anyone have any info on gilyard? All they announced on the radio was he was out for a leg bruise. Wondering how long that'll keep him out for

I sit near the UTEP bench and noticed that during the game, asst. coaches had to walk over and wake up Gilyard; he had fallen asleep and was not in to the game.

I sit near the UTEP bench and noticed that during the game, asst. coaches had to walk over and wake up Gilyard; he had fallen asleep and was not in to the game.
That is very disturbing to hear. Makes me wonder if there's more to the story than the "leg injury" which was reported to be the reason for his not playing. Someone posted that he was moving around just fine. I hope we don't get blessed with more drama and intrigue like in previous years. Why is there such vagueness in reporting an "injury" to our leading scorer? Makes me suspicious.

I wouldn’t read too much into it, but if that’s true, that is a bit disturbing. Even if he has the flu.

I would be very surprised if the the coaches made him come to the DHC if he had the flu.

Hey MinerStorm, who has posted 60 times in 10 plus years, sits by the UTEP bench and can tell when someone is asleep and needed a coach over there to wake him up. Sounds like solid info to me!

Another guy suggested he “maybe” has the flu. Obviously, that would be a great idea to have him around the rest of the team, days away from back to back games.

Stop being a troll and start posting some better stuff man!

Reactions: John 100 and MinerE
Why wouldn’t they just say he has been suspended for conduct reasons — happens all the time — on the Rodney terry show on Wednesday it was mentioned Gilyard was hurt

That is very disturbing to hear. Makes me wonder if there's more to the story than the "leg injury" which was reported to be the reason for his not playing. Someone posted that he was moving around just fine. I hope we don't get blessed with more drama and intrigue like in previous years. Why is there such vagueness in reporting an "injury" to our leading scorer? Makes me suspicious.
Relax, Terry is coach not Floyd. Gilyard will be back soon.

As boring and uninteresting as it may be, maybe coach is telling the truth.
Is a leg bruise what you are referring to? That doesn't sound to me like the kind of injury that would keep a leading scorer from playing. Certainly not something that would put him in jeopardy of aggravating it further. Maybe I'm wrong and I hope all is A-1 in Minerland. Let's go win the Sun.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT