ADVERTISEMENT

Go Marshall!

Jan 2, 2017
I think MTSU is a lock to get in the Big Dance. I would love to see 2 teams get in and I would like to see for sure that a CUSA team can get an at large bid.

Marshall 2 out of 12 from the three and only down by 8. If they start hitting some 3s in the second half I think they will win.

It's going to be a sad post season for CUSA. Aside from MTSU going to the dance not much else will be happening. I don't see any teams in the NIT and maybe two teams max will play in the CBI or CIT. A lot of CUSA teams decline invitations to the third tier tournaments.

Reactions: El Paso Sports Fan
Shows what a piece of S this conference is

The problem is not this conference being a piece of shit, the real problem is the NCAA who favors the big conferences ALL the time by getting five teams or more into the tournament.

That will not change until there is federal legislation that puts an end to it.

Last edited:
Had Marshall pulled off the upset it would only have hurt Middle Tennessee and the conference by knocking them down a few spots on their seeding. Middle Tennessee is totally capable of doing some damage again this year, especially with a better seeding. Marshall was not going to go anywhere. And, you can't leave it up to the Selection committee to pick an at large from CUSA. No matter how good the RPI is.

Had Marshall pulled off the upset it would only have hurt Middle Tennessee and the conference by knocking them down a few spots on their seeding. Middle Tennessee is totally capable of doing some damage again this year, especially with a better seeding. Marshall was not going to go anywhere. And, you can't leave it up to the Selection committee to pick an at large from CUSA. No matter how good the RPI is.

I agree.

The title of this thread should be changed to:

Go MTSU!

Reactions: allminer

They would have had a 12 seed either way. I would rather have 2 teams in the Big Dance and I would have liked to see proof that a CUSA can actually get an at large bid.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT