ADVERTISEMENT

Goodbye, Dimel

I know this is a joke but There’s people on twitter sayin Julio Lopez should be considered.
That’s absolute psycho talk. I think he’s a great HS coach by El Paso standards but if he were to ever want a job in the college ranks he’d had to work his way up.

I’d imagine when you pay for a coach you are also paying for their connections because the guy has to put a staff together and recruit. What HS coach has connections good enough to hit the ground running?

Reactions: PickMyAxe915
All the “casuals” are naming every ex-player and coach under the sun.

Knowing Senter he’s just going to hire Scotty O’Hara.

giphy.gif

Senter's hiring criteria:

1. Former Head Coach
2. Christian

In all seriousness, Senter has mentioned on several occasions prioritizing head coaching experience. I would be surprised if he went away from that approach.
Any guesses?

Just rumors at this point. The search firm will need to do their work. My understanding this was in the works for a while, so hopefully the process will be fairly quick. It will be interesting to see what kind of candidates will be legitimately interested.
That’s the worst part of this process.

UTEP won’t hire a real search firm, the firm will be @GymCenter, Jon Teicher, Jeff “Vince Hunter hater” Darby, the fat guy whose always sitting on UTEP football’s bench on TV during road games, Charlie Clark, Nate Poss, Steve Yellen, Mike Price, and the head janitor of the UTEP police facility.

UTEP won’t hire a real search firm, the firm will be @GymCenter, Jon Teicher, Jeff “Vince Hunter hater” Darby, the fat guy whose always sitting on UTEP football’s bench on TV during road games, Charlie Clark, Nate Poss, Steve Yellen, Mike Price, and the head janitor of the UTEP police facility.
If we dig really deep, how much could we pay? I think Traylor makes like 2.5.

Jeff Banks is different. The players will go from Mr. Golly Gee in practice to a guy that drops an F bomb every other word. I’ve seen coaches walk out of his clinic talks because he swears so much.
He’s a really good ST coach. His wife’s handle is “pole assassin.” They have a pet monkey that bit some kid one Halloween.

Don't forger Hunter and milk man from minertalk.

• Haha
Reactions: Lil_Train
Names Mentioned in these articles:

The Athletic-
Baylor OC Jeff Grimes
Idaho HC Jason Eck
Austin Peay HC Scotty Walden
Texas Tech OC Zach Kittley
Former Texas Tech HC Matt Wells
Texas State OC Mack Leftwich

Texas Football-
Texas ST Coor. Jeff Banks
Grimes
UNLV OC Brennan Marion
Texas Tech Asst. Kenny Perry
Wells
OU WR Coach Emmett Jones
Eck
Leftwich
UTPB HC Kris McCullough

El Paso Times-
Arizona Cardinals Asst. Robert Rodriguez
Leftwich
Nebraska DC Tony White

KTSM-
Grimes
White
Eck
Leftwich
Banks
Kittley
Rodriguez
Walden
Marion
Former TCU HC Gary Patterson
Former A&M HC Jimbo Fisher

Names Mentioned in these articles:

The Athletic-
Baylor OC Jeff Grimes
Idaho HC Jason Eck
Austin Peay HC Scotty Walden
Texas Tech OC Zach Kittley
Former Texas Tech HC Matt Wells
Texas State OC Mack Leftwich

Texas Football-
Texas ST Coor. Jeff Banks
Grimes
UNLV OC Brennan Marion
Texas Tech Asst. Kenny Perry
Wells
OU WR Coach Emmett Jones
Eck
Leftwich
UTPB HC Kris McCullough

El Paso Times-
Arizona Cardinals Asst. Robert Rodriguez
Leftwich
Nebraska DC Tony White

KTSM-
Grimes
White
Eck
Leftwich
Banks
Kittley
Rodriguez
Walden
Marion
Former TCU HC Gary Patterson
Former A&M HC Jimbo Fisher
Gary Patterson would certainly be interesting.

There are a number of excuses in this thread and it's funny to read.

"When Dimel took over the team was a complete train wreck. So yeah, we should throw out Dimel's first couple of seasons when considering his record at UTEP."

"All that was said is that Dimel's overall record isn't a fair reflection of his tenure here, as he took over a dumpster fire"

"UTEP's schedule ended up noticeably stronger than expected"

"Plus, the Miners did have more than the usual number of injuries."

"We should thank him for improving the team a great deal from the train wreck that was Kugler's tenure."

"Dimel wasn’t a train wreck. You cannot judge him by his overall record because of what he inherited."

He’d be a home run — no way we get him.

And Jimbo? Pipe dream.
Have Jimmy workout something with Sonic Ranch to have Gary use the studio to record his music during the off-season at UTEPs expense.

Take A Step Back is a bop!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT