ADVERTISEMENT

Greatest CFB player ever?

He’s my number 1. Won that national champion(and the previous years Rose Bowl against Michigan) literally by his own doing and will
200.gif

Fred Rouse made defensive backs look silly. His talent was off the charts. So was Tyler Ebell. He was incredible to was run. Those were fun days for Miners football
Fred Rouse career stats:

21 games
31 catches
493 yards
15.9 avg
3 tds

Wow, what would UTEP and Florida St have done without those numbers? Guess he was making DBs look silly in practice?

Fred Rouse career stats:

21 games
31 catches
493 yards
15.9 avg
3 tds

Wow, what would UTEP and Florida St have done without those numbers? Guess he was making DBs look silly in practice?

He lacked a lot of motivation sadly but when he was on, he was outstanding. Same for Ebell. How about Marcus Thomas

Didn’t win the Heisman or any other award. Didn’t deliver any championships. But yeah he was the best ever LOL
While I don't believe Vince Young to be the greatest college football player ever, he was a great player. And while you're right that he didn't win a Heisman, we're you sleeping during that amazing Texas/USC Rose Bowl? He did deliver a National Championship.

He lacked a lot of motivation sadly but when he was on, he was outstanding. Same for Ebell. How about Marcus Thomas
For me Rouse was a gargantuan disappointment on the field. The image I always have of him is catching the ball, either from a pass or a punt, and cutting back up field, only to lose ground from where he caught the ball. And he did this constantly. I also remember a road game where we had a big lead (sorry, I can't remember the opponent), where his fumble (or was it fumbles?) of a punt return lead to the beginning of a bad stretch that cost of the game. I have seen many, many receivers arrive at UTEP w/o Rouse's hype who were much better football players.

As for Ebell, I have no idea whether or not he was a cancer to the team. I do know that he was a good running back, but far from the best back that I have seen in a Miner uniform.

While I don't believe Vince Young to be the greatest college football player ever, he was a great player. And while you're right that he didn't win a Heisman, we're you sleeping during that amazing Texas/USC Rose Bowl? He did deliver a National Championship.
I was referring to NOWINs saying Michael Vick was the best ever. He didn’t win a heisman, a national championship, nothing

He deserved the Heisman over RB.

Didn’t win the Heisman or any other award. Didn’t deliver any championships. But yeah he was the best ever LOL
Yeah because I shit on your Fred Rouse take, you had to shit on mine. Awards and Championship don’t define how great a player is. How did Patrick Mahomes do in college? What championships and awards did he win? What awards did Aaron Rodgers win at Cal?

Yeah because I shit on your Fred Rouse take, you had to shit on mine. Awards and Championship don’t define how great a player is. How did Patrick Mahomes do in college? What championships and awards did he win? What awards did Aaron Rodgers win at Cal?
To be fair no one thought Mahomes was the best player in college football history.

Hey idiot, no one cited Patrick Mahomes nor Aaron Rodgers as the greatest college player ever so as usual, your take fell flat. LMAO Michael Vick

What about Ty Detmer? Won the Heisman in 1990 and ranks no 5 in passing yards and 8 in TDs. The game has evolved into such a pass oriented game but his numbers are still up there, plus he’s the only QB who played before 2000 in the top 20 for career yardage.

What about Ty Detmer? Won the Heisman in 1990 and ranks no 5 in passing yards and 8 in TDs. The game has evolved into such a pass oriented game but his numbers are still up there, plus he’s the only QB who played before 2000 in the top 20 for career yardage.
Honestly I wouldn't even call Ty Detmer one of the top 3 BYU quarterbacks

Hey idiot, no one cited Patrick Mahomes nor Aaron Rodgers as the greatest college player ever so as usual, your take fell flat. LMAO Michael Vick
Hey idiot. He changed the game. And winning doesn’t mean you’re the best. Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl, but he’s better than Jim Kelly and Warren Moon because he had a better team?

In football, you need multiple good players. Not just 1 guy. It might be too advanced for you to understand since you think Fred Rouse and his 3 touchdowns was worthy of being commented on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT