ADVERTISEMENT

Liberty now ranked 22 in Coaches Poll

Need UTsA to beat Tulane. I wonder if that win would jump them over Liberty.

Need UTsA to beat Tulane. I wonder if that win would jump them over Liberty.
Hard for me to believe atm is seriously considering hiring Traylor.

You don’t spend $75M to fire Jimbo to hire Traylor.

Agree, if we're gonna suck let's root for Liberty to go to a BCS Bowl and at least we get some money lol As long as we use it for a new coach and Football Facility improvements and additions that is.

BCS?? 😜

BCS?? 😜
We'll just so you know how it works brotha.... The highest ranked non P5 school goes to a BCS Bowl. So rn it's Tulane, because James Madison isn't eligible and lost anyways. So if Liberty wins out and Tulane loses, yes Liberty would most likely go to a BCS Bowl. Then CUSA would split that Huge Purse. UTSA would most certainly not jump Liberty with 3 losses if Liberty wins out and beats NMSU, that's fiction Bud.

• Haha
Reactions: EPUTEP
We'll just so you know how it works brotha.... The highest ranked non P5 school goes to a BCS Bowl. So rn it's Tulane, because James Madison isn't eligible and lost anyways. So if Liberty wins out and Tulane loses, yes Liberty would most likely go to a BCS Bowl. Then CUSA would split that Huge Purse. UTSA would most certainly not jump Liberty with 3 losses if Liberty wins out and beats NMSU, that's fiction Bud.

BCS??? 😜

What EPUTEP is telling you is that it is called NY6, and the Final 4 is the CFP playoff. BCS term has not been used since 2014.
I would have to guess in the next CFP rankings, Liberty would be 25th, and Tulane around 21. So, you are right in your second assessment, that Liberty with a win against UTEP and NMSU, and a loss from Tulane, would most likely be the highest ranked G5 school.

It is interesting that Tulane has only beaten 1 team with a winning record so far.

What EPUTEP is telling you is that it is called NY6, and the Final 4 is the CFP playoff. BCS term has not been used since 2014.
I would have to guess in the next CFP rankings, Liberty would be 25th, and Tulane around 21. So, you are right in your second assessment, that Liberty with a win against UTEP and NMSU, and a loss from Tulane, would most likely be the highest ranked G5 school.

It is interesting that Tulane has only beaten 1 team with a winning record so far.

Yes, I corrected this before I read your post, that was my error.

Reactions: Rocketsr and EPUTEP
UTEP will be playing their 'BCS" game of the year against Liberty. Expect them to go up early, then choke down the stretch, with turnovers... Dimel's conclusion, will be on par with everything, Dimelish... And we get this MOFO on national TV! Can't wait! Go Miners!

UTEP will be playing their 'BCS" game of the year against Liberty. Expect them to go up early, then choke down the stretch, with turnovers... Dimel's conclusion, will be on par with everything, Dimelish... And we get this MOFO on national TV! Can't wait! Go Miners!
A little bummed I had to give my tickets away - I think there’s a chance we actually take out Liberty

A little bummed I had to give my tickets away - I think there’s a chance we actually take out Liberty
Yes, same chance we beat Alabama.

They are going to try and get style points as they want to pass Tulane. They are not going to take it easy on us. If Tulane does not lose one of their last 2, Liberty wants to beat the crap out of their last 2 as it would be their last hope in passing Tulane.

Beating Liberty also would give an excuse to keep Dismal around for another year. Do you really want that? Secondly, I would rather see a CUSA team in a NY6 bowl, than have UTEP win a meaningless game and see Dismal around another year.

They are going to try and get style points as they want to pass Tulane. They are not going to take it easy on us. If Tulane does not lose one of their last 2, Liberty wants to beat the crap out of their last 2 as it would be their last hope in passing Tulane.

Beating Liberty also would give an excuse to keep Dismal around for another year. Do you really want that? Secondly, I would rather see a CUSA team in a NY6 bowl, than have UTEP win a meaningless game and see Dismal around another year.
We’re not beating Liberty.

I don’t want Dimel next year, but we also should not have beat Houston back in 2009. I’m not holding my breath we’ll beat Liberty, but I also won’t be too surprised.

Would be nice for Liberty to jump Tulane and spread that NY6 money around CUSA though. Makes Dimel’s buy out easier

I don’t want Dimel next year, but we also should not have beat Houston back in 2009. I’m not holding my breath we’ll beat Liberty, but I also won’t be too surprised.

Would be nice for Liberty to jump Tulane and spread that NY6 money around CUSA though. Makes Dimel’s buy out easier
Liberty has WAY more incentive to win this game than we do.

Reactions: Dmanminer
Liberty has WAY more incentive to win this game than we do.
Well yea, they’re playing to legitimize their school and try to sportswash away some of the blemishes their school has. They don’t particularly need the NY6 payout as much as the rest of CUSA

Liberty 45
Utep 21
Liberty is the second best team we've played behind Arizona and now the Miners are playing with back ups. It won't be pretty. Hopefully the Firing comes quickly after. Also Liberty going to a NY6 helps the whole conference including Utep, so might as well let them stomp us, since there's nothing to play for essentially anyways lol

Liberty 45
Utep 21
Liberty is the second best team we've played behind Arizona and now the Miners are playing with back ups. It won't be pretty. Hopefully the Firing comes quickly after. Also Liberty going to a NY6 helps the whole conference including Utep, so might as well let them stomp us, since there's nothing to play for essentially anyways lol
If UTEP were smart, they would have fired Dimel before this game so that he doesn't pull some rabbit out of his ass and surprise us. Won't happen but why give him that opportunity

Well yea, they’re playing to legitimize their school and try to sportswash away some of the blemishes their school has. They don’t particularly need the NY6 payout as much as the rest of CUSA
Undefeated is special.

Reactions: Rocketsr
What is the controversy?

1280px-Donald_Trump_official_portrait.jpg

Bet a fat donation to the DNC would fix that. 🤡

The Liberty game should seal the deal on firing him regardless of the outcome.
If UTEP loses , we finish 3-9 (2-6 in CUSA play) and he needs to be canned for another pathetic season in year #6.

If we beat Liberty, we finish 4-8 (3-5 in CUSA) and it shows everyone the injury excuse is BS because this team was able to beat ranked Liberty and there is no excuse for not winning more CUSA games.

The Liberty game should seal the deal on firing him regardless of the outcome.
If UTEP loses , we finish 3-9 (2-6 in CUSA play) and he needs to be canned for another pathetic season in year #6.

If we beat Liberty, we finish 4-8 (3-5 in CUSA) and it shows everyone the injury excuse is BS because this team was able to beat ranked Liberty and there is no excuse for not winning more CUSA games.

Senter will probably give Dimel a contract extension if UTEP beats Liberty.

Reactions: Rocketsr
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT