ADVERTISEMENT

Greatest CFB player ever?

That's interesting. Who's career at BYU would you put over Ty?
I would say BYU has had better QBs' but none had the run Ty had. I would say it's arguable that he's in the top 100 of best CFB players of all time.

I think Jordan Palmer was a better QB than Trevor Vittatoe but Vittatoe had better numbers.

Yeah because I shit on your Fred Rouse take, you had to shit on mine. Awards and Championship don’t define how great a player is. How did Patrick Mahomes do in college? What championships and awards did he win? What awards did Aaron Rodgers win at Cal?
You have a problem with comprehension. I responded to someone saying the names Fred Rouse and Tyler Ebell and remembered how much talent they both had. You cited Michael Vick and then claimed that “awards and championships don’t define greatness”. You then brought two names into the discussion that no one else cited. Hilarious how dumb you are.

Hey idiot. He changed the game. And winning doesn’t mean you’re the best. Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl, but he’s better than Jim Kelly and Warren Moon because he had a better team?

In football, you need multiple good players. Not just 1 guy. It might be too advanced for you to understand since you think Fred Rouse and his 3 touchdowns was worthy of being commented on.
I’ll dumb it down for you. The question was greatest COB player of all time. You named Michael Vick which made everyone on this board laugh. You then cited two other names to justify it(neither of which were or would be named by anyone) then tried to justify it saying awards and championships do not define greatness. Apparently you’re a dumb as you are unhappy and angry

I’ll dumb it down for you. The question was greatest COB player of all time. You named Michael Vick which made everyone on this board laugh. You then cited two other names to justify it(neither of which were or would be named by anyone) then tried to justify it saying awards and championships do not define greatness. Apparently you’re a dumb as you are unhappy and angry
It did? There are no laughs on the post??? You didn’t see him play or your judgment is clouded by his dog stuff. Awards and championships do not define greatness, especially in football. Robert Horry has more championships than LeBron, is he better than LeBron???? Only 4 guys win the Heisman during a typical 4 year career. There’s a ton of guys who didn’t win it. And there’s a ton who didn’t play for a National title. It happens. How good would Aaron Jones stats been if he played at Ohio St? How would Ezekiel Elliott’s stats been playing at UTEP?

I am definitely not unhappy and angry. Didn’t know you could determine that on a greatest college player of all time thread.

I think Mike Vick would be in the discussion a little bit. Anytime you have a player that changed the way the game is played, they have to be on the list somewhere. He's go to be in the top 50 all-time.

I think Mike Vick would be in the discussion a little bit. Anytime you have a player that changed the way the game is played, they have to be on the list somewhere. He's go to be in the top 50 all-time.
Mike Vick paved the way for a person like Vince Young to be the QB at Texas. Vick had a longer career in the NFL than Young despite being in prison and having the dog stuff around. But yeah, Vick is laughable!

Reactions: Taco1977
Yeah, weird. Detmer still holds all the BYU passing records. Despite no 12 game regular seasons and bowl games counting in statistics. Maybe Ty beat the bloomers off of Cutey too much.
But that’s why I threw him out there. When you look at the numbers these guys put up today and even then Detmer’s numbers are still up there.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
For sure. Not disagreeing. There’s way too many great players for there to be a consensus number 1. Detmer is for sure the best BYU QB of all time.
I agree. And just like anything it’s too hard to be definitive because we can’t honestly judge anyone in an era that was before we were born. It just makes me think there has to be someone from the mid to late 40s because that’s when all those WWII vets came back and they were playing college football.

For sure. Not disagreeing. There’s way too many great players for there to be a consensus number 1. Detmer is for sure the best BYU QB of all time.
I'm not going to wade into the argument about who was the best BYU QB of all time. That school has had (unfortunately for us during their WAC days) a number of great QBs. I will point out, however, that you have thrown in several players' NFL success (Mahomes, Rodgers, Vick) when discussing how great they were. By that yardstick Steve Young is the greatest BYU QB of all time.

I'm not going to wade into the argument about who was the best BYU QB of all time. That school has had (unfortunately for us during their WAC days) a number of great QBs. I will point out, however, that you have thrown in several players' NFL success (Mahomes, Rodgers, Vick) when discussing how great they were. By that yardstick Steve Young is the greatest BYU QB of all time.
Yes, you are right. Just pointing out that championships and awards aren’t the end all be all of greatness.

Mike Vick paved the way for a person like Vince Young to be the QB at Texas. Vick had a longer career in the NFL than Young despite being in prison and having the dog stuff around. But yeah, Vick is laughable!
No one is talking about the NFL dummy. The question was around the greatest college player ever. Again, comprehension is not your strong suit

Nattys are huge for fans of the winner, and they idolize the star player(s) that won it.
Yeah for sure. And Vince Young was a great college QB. But he was playing at Texas, when they were good. Put Mike Vick on that Texas team and oh boy. Put Vince Young on VaTech, let’s see him make the national championship.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT