ADVERTISEMENT

Greg Foster Jr.

axingfools1

MI Miner Maniac
Nov 6, 2011
A 6'5" senior PG/SG out of Milwaukee (where his dad coaches) is now rated 4 stars by ESPN. UTEP offered him 2 years ago..

Swing and a miss...
He didnt really have any offers better than UTEP per se. Gonzaga just offered. I know some of you makes jokes of this info (Thanks to CTF) but its a good possibility that he could sign here for many reasons. If he doesn't then good luck to him.

He didnt really have any offers better than UTEP per se. Gonzaga just offered. I know some of you makes jokes of this info (Thanks to CTF) but its a good possibility that he could sign here for many reasons. If he doesn't then good luck to him.

Just good natured fun, my brutha. I always want what's best for the program. I just don't have any idea what that happens to be anymore.

Poking fun is my coping mechanism. Lol!

I actually have some weird inside knowledge about this. I ran into my buddy Ed Custodio, a former UTEP assistant, who is now the head basketball coach at Hatch Valley HS. Greg Foster is his buddy and he said Foster wants a head job and will hire him as an assistant once it happens.

I asked if Greg Foster Jr was coming to UTEP and he said Tim Floyd flew him down recently and is recruiting him hard. Foster Sr. is good friends with John Stockton which makes Gonzaga a real possibility.

I actually have some weird inside knowledge about this. I ran into my buddy Ed Custodio, a former UTEP assistant, who is now the head basketball coach at Hatch Valley HS. Greg Foster is his buddy and he said Foster wants a head job and will hire him as an assistant once it happens.

I asked if Greg Foster Jr was coming to UTEP and he said Tim Floyd flew him down recently and is recruiting him hard. Foster Sr. is good friends with John Stockton which makes Gonzaga a real possibility.
Wow now thats some insider info. This could be a steal for CTF. Sucks that these big schools come in late and snatch kids up, but that's what happens.

CTF is going hard after some good SGs and a center for next year. That will be our biggest needs besides maybe a PG.

Greg Foster could be a candidate as head coach at UTEP if CTF squanders again and with with a new AD coming in. Hmmmm

One, thank you for sourcing your info.

Second, I hope you're right, however, it has become painfully obvious that the top caliber talent that do consider UTEP are just using Floyd's name and their visits for better recruiting leverage. Those that do check into Miner Village are high risk, non qualifiers or immediately get home sick or as in prior years, pop an attitude and demand way more playing time and book.

His mom is from El Paso and i'm sure he's spent a lot of time here including when his dad was coaching here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT