ADVERTISEMENT

Hope Senter and Wilson do the right thing!

Read the first post of this thread yesterday and was hoping to wake up to good news this morning…..but nope.

UTAustin is back so El Paso is gonna turn burnt orange even more so.

Hope this team loses every single game remaining.

F U C K UTEP.

I really appreciate Dimel, I think he’s done a great job putting together this program and building a foundation of talent and not losing a lot of guys to the portal. I’ve been a supporter and defender of his…..however, I thought this was the year that the vision met the expectations. And through 3 games, I don’t see it.

I hope he turns it around and we go win a bowl game but I think we all know where this is going.
Disagree about building a foundation of talent.

Hasn’t recruited a stud QB, UTEP has three or four decent starters across the depth chart right now (Hankins, Burgess, Knight at LB) and he doesn’t lose players to the portal because he’s recruiting FCS talent from JUCO that no other FBS teams want or can use. His two best recruits, Cowing dipped to Arizona, and Tyrin Smith probably realized being a 5’7 WR in the SEC isn’t gonna work and smith is having a terrible season through three games because he doesn’t have talent around him to assist.

Dimel hasn’t had a single player recruited stuck to an NFL roster, last years sack leader is going to the….checks notes….. XFL. No QB, WR, TE, DB on this roster could start at or crack a depth chart at a Mediocre G5 program. Listened to Miner talk last night and the words “talented roster” “talented players” kept coming up from Cheerleader Zay but I don’t see it. Also UTEP’s o-line is overrated, yeah they ran for 300 plus yards on UIW yeah big deal but the rushing success rate was barely hit 60 percent and only two explosive runs? They pushed around a UIW team who was more athletic at the skill position….

I’d be willing to argue his recruiting is on par or just a little behind Sean Kugler’s and that’s where UTEP has been talent level is at, particularly at the skill positions for almost a decade now.

It’s a coaching void and talent void issue.

Last edited:

Hasn’t recruited a stud QB, UTEP has three or four decent starters across the depth chart right now (Hankins, Burgess, Knight at LB) and he doesn’t lose players to the portal because he’s recruiting FCS talent from JUCO that no other FBS teams want or can use. His two best recruits, Cowing dipped to Arizona, and Tyrin Smith probably realized being a 5’7 WR in the SEC isn’t gonna work and smith is having a terrible season through three games because he doesn’t have talent around him to assist.

Dimel hasn’t had a single player recruited stuck to an NFL roster, last years sack leader is going to the….checks notes….. XFL. No QB, WR, TE, DB on this roster could start at or crack a depth chart at a Mediocre G5 program. Listened to Miner talk last night and the words “talented roster” “talented players” kept coming up from Cheerleader Zay but I don’t see it. Also UTEP’s o-line is overrated, yeah they ran for 300 plus yards on UIW yeah big deal but the rushing success rate was barely hit 60 percent and only two explosive runs? They pushed around a UIW team who was more athletic at the skill position….

I’d be willing to argue his recruiting is on par or just a little behind Sean Kugler’s and that’s where UTEP has been talent level is at, particularly at the skill positions for almost a decade now.

I agree Bigwood. Well said.

Disagree with “little behind Kugler” 😂. Kugler was terrible.

Dismal isn’t bringing in 5 star players but to say most guys couldn’t crack a depth chart at an average G5 is hyperbole.

Talent has gotten better. The roster is ready for a new head coach to come in and fill the holes.

Disagree with “little behind Kugler” 😂. Kugler was terrible.

Dismal isn’t bringing in 5 star players but to say most guys couldn’t crack a depth chart at an average G5 is hyperbole.

Talent has gotten better. The roster is ready for a new head coach to come in and fill the holes.
Kugler hasn’t been a head coach since 2017, yet three of his recruits have had a job and role on a NFL roster since, Dimel has been a head coach since the same timeframe and zero NFlers or legit standouts, that’s how i measure talent guys who make a difference in the win column and have NFL talent just like P5 rosters. Talent has not gotten better, we’ve played two FCS level rosters this year and the talent is even with those teams, what roster or UTEP team have you been watching my guy?

Name me three players who would start at North Texas? UAB? How about two players who would start at SMU? Fresno? FAU? None. The answer is zero.

I’d probably favor UNLV. Maybe I’m comparing apples to oranges but they only lost by 28 to number 2 Michigan and we got spammed by a dismal northwestern team. And we’ve still gotta go to Tucson and take our pounding on the road.
About to make the same point. I can't see another win on the schedule right now. But Incarnate Word won by 35 yesterday, so that is going to look better to the selection committee.

I’d probably favor UNLV. Maybe I’m comparing apples to oranges but they only lost by 28 to number 2 Michigan and we got spammed by a dismal northwestern team. And we’ve still gotta go to Tucson and take our pounding on the road.
That’s fair. They play Vandy this week, so we’ll see how they do.

UNLV is a beatable team, especially since it’s a home game.

I agree with everything but the talent level. Kugler landed some nice recruits but by the end he transformed that team into a JV squad. That roster was B-A-D…. Bad.

And I know we’re getting on this kicker we have now, but at least he can kick with power. He looks like Adam Vinatieri compared to Brady Viles. That kid hit 1-4 that year and was 11-12 on Extra Points. Sure he’s 0-2 but I don’t look at his kicks and groan because they’re so awful.

Purely hypothetical. This team kills those last couple of Kugler teams. Easy…

Kugler hasn’t been a head coach since 2017, yet three of his recruits have had a job and role on a NFL roster since, Dimel has been a head coach since the same timeframe and zero NFlers or legit standouts, that’s how i measure talent guys who make a difference in the win column and have NFL talent just like P5 rosters. Talent has not gotten better, we’ve played two FCS level rosters this year and the talent is even with those teams, what roster or UTEP team have you been watching my guy?

Name me three players who would start at North Texas? UAB? How about two players who would start at SMU? Fresno? FAU? None. The answer is zero.
That's actually not correct. Knight would 100% start at any CUSA or AAC school, past that, maybe a couple of the O line guys, Praise and Tryrin Smith. I get it man, trust me I'm frustrated beyond words, but there is better talent here than in Kugler years, but it amounts to a hill of beans, cause key positions are lacking and our Coach is not very good at all. Our main position QB is terrible and costs games, we have a high school kicker and not even a good high school kicker and the coaching calls are mind boggling and coaches on the opposition constantly out coach Dimel in the second half. I watched yesterday as most of y'all did and we didn't even see that second half coming. It wasn't that they were better, Utep looked like a better team in the 1st half actually. So na man, I hear ya, but politely disagree.

Last edited:

Not saying the end result has gotten better. But I’ll take a Dimel roster over a Kugler one, any day. Aaron Jones saved Kugler’s ass, aside from that, it was terrible. Mack wasn’t any better than Gavin. Kugler’s recruiting philosophy was recruit ELP kids with scholarships to Sul Ross, and try to get laid with the rest of the budget.

Not saying the end result has gotten better. But I’ll take a Dimel roster over a Kugler one, any day. Aaron Jones saved Kugler’s ass, aside from that, it was terrible. Mack wasn’t any better than Gavin. Kugler’s recruiting philosophy was recruit ELP kids with scholarships to Sul Ross, and try to get laid with the rest of the budget.
Kugler couldn’t recruit to save his life. When he said “I want to have every high school represented” on his radio show I couldn’t believe it. He made Dimel look like Knute Rockne. If there is a Mount Rushmore of stupid statements that would be right up there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cube Jack
From what I heard about Leftwich from some insiders I know was that he had the intangibles just didn’t have the size. If he was the same build as Hardison, he would’ve done more.

Hardison sucks donkey balls.

F U C K UTEP

From what I heard about Leftwich from some insiders I know was that he had the intangibles just didn’t have the size. If he was the same build as Hardison, he would’ve done more.

Hardison sucks donkey balls.

F U C K UTEP
And I’ve got a bad feeling about McNamara too. He’s listed at 5’11, but there’s no way in hell he’s that tall. I don’t know if he’s RPO offense material.

Last edited:
Reactions: FarWestTexas
Getting players in the NFL isn’t an indicator of success. NFL looks at measurables. D2 players get drafted, players on 0-12 teams get drafted, QB’s that win 10 games go undrafted.

Dimel took an 0-12 program that was not at all competitive and made it better.

That’s my point. Where I have felt he has let us all down lies in the strategy

Getting players in the NFL isn’t an indicator of success. NFL looks at measurables. D2 players get drafted, players on 0-12 teams get drafted, QB’s that win 10 games go undrafted.

We’re not better at the most important position.

I can’t argue with that. And if he had kept the same trajectory, even very incrementally, from year 4 to 6 as he had from year 1 to 4, this conversation probably wouldn’t be happening.

I think he peaked two years ago. Honestly, I imagine he could get back to those 7 wins but it would take another 3 years to do so, and, well…ain’t nobody gawt time fa dat.

Listening to that show, seems the fans have spoken. The VAST majority of callers and or social media posters no longer support Dimel or Hardison. If the show is representative of the larger UTEP/EP community as a whole, support for Dimel sits at less than 10%, and it’s even lower for Hardison. Too bad Senter seems as out of touch and tone deaf as Dimel.

The roster doesn’t matter if we’re still losing. Both suck a$$. As long as building a roster is the standard, and not the ability to coach, UTEP football will continue to be an embarrassment.

The roster doesn’t matter if we’re still losing. Both suck a$$. As long as building a roster is the standard, and not the ability to coach, UTEP football will continue to be an embarrassment.
It’s UTEP. 10 years ago Tx- San Antonio wasn’t around. Texas State was not D1. Sam Houston was not D1.

It’s become that much more difficult now than back then. We were in a huge hole in the worst time possible (realignment).

Stull and Kugler really fckd the program. Dimel got us out of it but now it’s different. We have more competition. And we’re UTEP.

I will agree, Dimel has to go now. Thanks for the roster rebuild, take your millions….we’ll roll the dice with Briles from TCU.

Side subject about Senter. I and I think a lot of us did like the Golding hire. It really seemed like we Struck Gold with that hire at the time. I still hope he'll get this team in the NCAA in the next 2 years. His recruiting has left a little to be desired, but maybe these days it's even harder to recruit to Utep than we already knew it was. I am still holding out hope in Golding, but I've abandoned ship with Dimel even if he by some miracle won 6 games this year, which would mean he gets to stay longer SMH 😏 He's just not the guy to take us anywhere special.

Side subject about Senter. I and I think a lot of us did like the Golding hire. It really seemed like we Struck Gold with that hire at the time. I still hope he'll get this team in the NCAA in the next 2 years. His recruiting has left a little to be desired, but maybe these days it's even harder to recruit to Utep than we already knew it was. I am still holding out hope in Golding, but I've abandoned ship with Dimel even if he by some miracle won 6 games this year, which would mean he gets to stay longer SMH 😏 He's just not the guy to take us anywhere special.
Rodney Terry had no issues recruiting to utep and utep has a decent sized basketball budget. Golding just never developed the skill at Abilene Christian, so he's learning on the job.

I have lost a lot of faith in Golding over the last year and I expected this years team to suck. I like him as a person though and hope he turns it around.

Rodney Terry had no issues recruiting to utep and utep has a decent sized basketball budget. Golding just never developed the skill at Abilene Christian, so he's learning on the job.

I have lost a lot of faith in Golding over the last year and I expected this years team to suck. I like him as a person though and hope he turns it around.
From what I have seen, I don't think this team will suck. Idk if they'll win CUSA, but I think they'll be in the mix of top 3 or 4 and then we'll see what happens in Huntsville!

Senter is dug in. Wilson needs bombarded with info and facts. Her "50/50" comment appears to indicate her lack of knowledge of the game. I like Madden's old comment that it is a game of "Down & Distance" and all she has to do is watch the results of Dimel's coaching on the field. The national stats back it up. His offense sucks. He was booted out of Manhattan because it sucks.

What Senter has successfully done are two things: Promoted Dimel with "puff piece" narratives pushed by local news folks and commentators for games. It is obvious he has some on here who push his narrative; however, with the very poor performance they appear to be silent. Yes, the facts are obvious that UTEP is talent laden this year. The local news reported (and shared with national sports magazines) what was a fact. However, self promotion pieces like the one Dimel did two years ago where he lets us know he could've have gone anywhere and we should be happy to have him now dig the knife deeper.

No Coach Dimel, UTEP could have and should have hired someone else.

Second and extremely crucial, silence with nothing going in or out without his knowledge. Stull ran a leaky faucet administration. My hypothetical guess is largely due to his ego that alienated staff and supporters. After the Floyd hit job presser that went viral, Stull circled the wagons and remained in that posture because it's not until way after Kugler ouster that information started to come out that Kugler in fact, left a "dumpster fire" with alleged rumors of infidelity, unconfirmed reports that UTEP (Diana Natalicio) turned down MWC invites, carousel of players under Floyd and dropping season (season) ticket sales. Senter, a total newbie taking over a larger athletic program in El Paso, continued Stull's "tight lid" campaign and has proved to actually run it more effectively than Stull. Nothing, absolutely nothing, calling into question on any coaches tenure is printed. Local writers state "fan frustration" and throw softballs and even that has resulted in an "arms length" relationship for writers like EP Times Bloomquist, who is a noted Dimel critic.

Call it what it is. Poor coaching. Year six of poor coaching. UTEP lost to a bad, really bad, Big 10 school. A loss was acceptable but a blow out like that was not and should not be accepted.

Last edited:
From what I have seen, I don't think this team will suck. Idk if they'll win CUSA, but I think they'll be in the mix of top 3 or 4 and then we'll see what happens in Huntsville!
I hope so seeing as pretty much all of the top teams from last season are gone. No excuse utep shouldn't be top 3 or 4. Last years team was just so bad, I don't have the same confidence.

Reactions: miner1liner
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT