ADVERTISEMENT

Hope Senter and Wilson do the right thing!

"1. NFL players do not matter at a school like UTEP."

Disagree. Facts are facts and Hankins would be singing "Hit that line, hit that line..." (Arkansas fights song).

Why is he not singing it? Aaron Jones.

0-12, 1-11, 3-9…. Who gives a shit. This team is facing a 1-5 start, and after 6 years when does he expect to see improvement? I get defending your boy, but this is ridiculous. He needs to come up for air every once in a while.
Idk yet what the record will be, but from the covid year with hope, to the next bowl year with the same core of players and QB there should have been significant and notable improvements and we haven't seen it.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
"1. NFL players do not matter at a school like UTEP."

Disagree. Facts are facts and Hankins would be singing "Hit that line, hit that line..." (Arkansas fights song).

Why is he not singing it? Aaron Jones.
OMG 2Step! Where would we be without Deon Hankins?!??!? Instead of losing to Jax St 17-14, we would have lost 17-10.

We suck because of Dimel. We would still suck without Hankins. He’s no Aaron Jones or Marcus Thomas. It seems we have good RBs, so he wouldn’t be that big of a loss.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
Fact is, nobody is playing at UTEP because we’re getting them to the next level. That is an ace card for Alabama and Michigan, not UTEP.

Dimel explains Blowout losses like I explain my golf game. Yeah I shot a 103, but if I would've putt a little better, not hit those trees, not hit it in the sand or made some fairways I could've shot in the 70s. Instead of just saying, "Damn I'm not very good right now, I need to work to get better, cause Sucking kinda Sucks!

Last edited:
Listen carefully to this “slight of hand” narrative by Deaver. He wants you to believe that a thermobaric bomb undid UTEP football prior to Dimel’s debut. Close, but not quite. Kug has players in the NFL. Dimel has had a few weeks of success (and flopped badly in 2nd half of season) and a win against Boise (and we’re supposed to be happy and content with that).

Deaver, Dimel and his supporters can write or narrate all the puff pieces they want. He is not and never was a good head coach and will go down in UTEP history as another underperforming head coach.

David Lee & Charlie Bailey want to know when they can call you for a web meeting?
Easy for “outsiders” to say what CD said, my guy has been here for a short time and doesn’t understand the scope of constant losing. We’ve been on this roller coaster time and time again for decades. Why prolong the inevitable, blow it up now instead of later.

Obviously they’re different, but if he had an under performing coach at Oregon like UTEP does - pedigree aside, he’d be more empathetic. And it’s that expected compromise by UTEP fans, to be thankful for the mediocrity, that many on this message board have called for a change. It’s why we appreciated Asher Wildman asking UTEP officials the difficult questions. It’s why we’d appreciate any damn reporter asking Senter or Wilson their thoughts on another losing season and underperformance of Coach.

I do not understand hoping your team loses every game and wishing ill will against kids. Very odd
Cause F U C K UTEP! That’s why. 35 of my 40 years I’ve been rooting for this shit team and for 35 years they’ve broken my heart. I didn’t see Prices first years…I was deployed, but I tell ya when I was a kid and there was maybe 1000 fans in the stands—those dudes played harder than these bitches. I want them to lose EVERY game cause that’s the only way Dimel gets shitcanned. F U C K UTEP!

Cause F U C K UTEP! That’s why. 35 of my 40 years I’ve been rooting for this shit team and for 35 years they’ve broken my heart. I didn’t see Prices first years…I was deployed, but I tell ya when I was a kid and there was maybe 1000 fans in the stands—those dudes played harder than these bitches. I want them to lose EVERY game cause that’s the only way Dimel gets shitcanned. F U C K UTEP!
I respect the honesty. I’m not actively rooting for UTEP but I can’t stand how the local media act like the season hangs in the balance. Were a couple of weeks in, the die is cast.

Were a couple of weeks in, the die is cast.
I disagree. While UTEP is very unlikely to have a 9-3 record playing for the CUSA title, they have can still have a “successful” season. Successful by UTEP/Senter/Dismel standards

Going 6-6 to me, isn’t successful in a coach’s 6th year; when the previous 5 have been underwhelming. However, that puts UTEP in a bowl game. UTEP has made 3 bowl games the previous 17 seasons. Highly unlikely Senter will can Dismel after making 2 bowl games in 3 years.

If UTEP loses to UNLV and LaTech, then yeah, this season is done. Until then…

Reactions: nattybry
I disagree. While UTEP is very unlikely to have a 9-3 record playing for the CUSA title, they have can still have a “successful” season. Successful by UTEP/Senter/Dismel standards

Going 6-6 to me, isn’t successful in a coach’s 6th year; when the previous 5 have been underwhelming. However, that puts UTEP in a bowl game. UTEP has made 3 bowl games the previous 17 seasons. Highly unlikely Senter will can Dismel after making 2 bowl games in 3 years.

If UTEP loses to UNLV and LaTech, then yeah, this season is done. Until then…
Dimel is not gonna make a bowl game this year. There is just no way in hell the Miners finish at 6-6. They have played terrible football this year. There is nothing that suggests it can get any better.

Dimel is not gonna make a bowl game this year. There is just no way in hell the Miners finish at 6-6. They have played terrible football this year. There is nothing that suggests it can get any better.
You’re not wrong, but I think it’s entirely possible to get to 6-6, if they win tonight, I wouldn’t be shocked if they did it.

UNLV, LaTech, FIU, NMSU, SHSU, WKU, MTSU, and Liberty with only 3 on the road. You’re telling me UTEP has no shot at anyone there? CUSA is the shittiest conference in FBS.

I’m just being realistic, I don’t think they will get there, but they definitely could.

You’re not wrong, but I think it’s entirely possible to get to 6-6, if they win tonight, I wouldn’t be shocked if they did it.

UNLV, LaTech, FIU, NMSU, SHSU, WKU, MTSU, and Liberty with only 3 on the road. You’re telling me UTEP has no shot at anyone there? CUSA is the shittiest conference in FBS.

I’m just being realistic, I don’t think they will get there, but they definitely could.
I mean, UTEP is the shittiest team in CUSA. I don't see a win for the rest of the season. But I do agree that they might surprise someone like LA Tech.

It’s not that they don’t have a chance. That’s why they play the game. However, I think they win 2, maybe 3 of those remaining games. This is just based upon what I’ve seen up to this point in the season.

The past several seasons the defense was able to keep us in most games. That is not the case this year. As anemic as the offense is, that’s not exactly a recipe for success.

This team has definitely regressed from a team that only won 5 games last year.

It’s not that they don’t have a chance. That’s why they play the game. However, I think they win 2, maybe 3 of those remaining games. This is just based upon what I’ve seen up to this point in the season.

The past several seasons the defense was able to keep us in most games. That is not the case this year. As anemic as the offense is, that’s not exactly a recipe for success.

This team has definitely regressed from a team that only won 5 games last year.
If the Miners get 2 or 3 touchdown drives and get a timely turnover or 4th down stop, they can definitely win some games, because the competition is near the same level going forward.

I don’t see the same defensive ineptitude that you might. They allowed 17 on the road against JSU. 14 versus a semi potent UIW offense. Only 7 in the 1st half against Northwestern and 14 against Arizona. Outside of the 2nd halves against P5 teams, what’s been so bad? UTEP is losing 99.99% of the time to P5 teams regardless.

I think the offense is atrocious.

I think the Miners will lose tonight, but it wouldn’t surprise me if they won.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
If the Miners get 2 or 3 touchdown drives and get a timely turnover or 4th down stop, they can definitely win some games, because the competition is near the same level going forward.

I don’t see the same defensive ineptitude that you might. They allowed 17 on the road against JSU. 14 versus a semi potent UIW offense. Only 7 in the 1st half against Northwestern and 14 against Arizona. Outside of the 2nd halves against P5 teams, what’s been so bad? UTEP is losing 99.99% of the time to P5 teams regardless.

Our defense hasn't been awful but it really hasn't been tested by a good offense either.

Defense is decent for UTEP standards but the offense is dreadful. Zero wins the rest of the year if drastic changes aren’t made by Dribble.

The defense knows that Dribbles offense sucks and is only good for 7-10 points per game….tough for those defensive guys to play motivated for an entire game when the offense is as bad as it is.

Last edited:
I haven’t seen the defense play up to their hype. D line has put little pressure on the qbs, run defensive is great, and backs were to be the big question mark.
Jacksonville was a team moving up a notch in football and shouldn’t have been able to hang with an experienced d1 squad. UIW quarterback stunk, Northwestern has been at rock boo and turmoil for years. Arizona, I can understand our ass whopping because, well we are UTEP.
Senter and Dismel need to go!

I’m not saying the defense is inept. It’s just not the backbone of the team that it has been the last few years.

On the flip side of only conceding 17 at Jax St, they also conceded 38 to a team that has a total of 21 points in their other two games. Being that they are P5 is irrelevant, especially since Vegas had us right in that game. Hell, AZ only put a TD more on FCS 0-3, NAU. A team that Utah Tech was able to hang 50 on. So it’s not like the 31 points AZ put up on us is by some potent offense. Just sayin.

I mean, UTEP is the shittiest team in CUSA. I don't see a win for the rest of the season. But I do agree that they might surprise someone like LA Tech.
The thing is they're really not. It's not just me saying this. I've read national sites who 100% put the blame on Dimel for how the Miners have started. The talent level suggests they should be much better. So no talent wise they absolutely are not the worst team in CUSA! Coaching they may very well be though, so tonight will I think will determine if the Miners end up 2/10/ 3-9 or 6-6.

The thing is they're really not. It's not just me saying this. I've read national sites who 100% put the blame on Dimel for how the Miners have started. The talent level suggests they should be much better. So no talent wise they absolutely are not the worst team in CUSA! Coaching they may very well be though, so tonight will I think will determine if the Miners end up 2/10/ 3-9 or 6-6.
UTEP is the shittiest COACHED team in CUSA , their talent is decent but look much worse due to shit offensive coaching.

UTEP is the shittiest COACHED team in CUSA , their talent is decent but look much worse due to shit offensive coaching.
I don't think I disagreed or disagree with that. I read a really cool article about this game from an outside source and the statement was this. "Utep has talent, but is 1-3 solely, because of Dimel's Coaching" Ouch even outside sources see the problem!

I don't think I disagreed or disagree with that. I read a really cool article about this game from an outside source and the statement was this. "Utep has talent, but is 1-3 solely, because of Dimel's Coaching" Ouch even outside sources see the problem!
Yeah I don't even know about the talent on this team being as good as advertised. Regardless, you are what your record says you are. This team can barely beat an FCS team, making it an awful FBS team. It's a bottom 5 offense and the 82nd ranked defense (that ranking against weak competition). Its a bad football team. And of course it's dimels fault. He coaches this team and he recruited this team.

Yeah I don't even know about the talent on this team being as good as advertised. Regardless, you are what your record says you are. This team can barely beat an FCS team, making it an awful FBS team. It's a bottom 5 offense and the 82nd ranked defense (that ranking against weak competition). Its a bad football team. And of course it's dimels fault. He coaches this team and he recruited this team.
Honestly, aside from a few on here, I have yet to hear/read of anyone, especially pundits, saying UTEP has talent.

We have some decent talent in a few positions, but across the board, we really don’t have all that much talent.

A coach with minimal talent, leading a team with limited talent = the talent of a steamy pile of💩.

Honestly, aside from a few on here, I have yet to hear/read of anyone, especially pundits, saying UTEP has talent.

We have some decent talent in a few positions, but across the board, we really don’t have all that much talent.

A coach with minimal talent, leading a team with limited talent = the talent of a steamy pile of💩.
I can share the article and it was just posted this week if you like and it's definitely not local! I can share more from before and during the season, but I don't have time to re-look them up for you. Bottom line is, it doesn't matter if there's no wins to back it up though!

Reactions: MineroFanatico
I can share the article and it was just posted this week if you like and it's definitely not local! I can share more from before and during the season, but I don't have time to re-look them up for you. Bottom line is, it doesn't matter if there's no wins to back it up though!

Thanks for sharing the article. So there is someone who thinks that UTEP has some talent. And I agree with the writer that Dimel's is a major part of the problem. Without question.

I doubt there are many who think the same way in that the Miners have talent, though. Maybe a writer or two here or there. Pre season prognostications don’t carry much water imo, though.

I thought the o line would be good this year, but they have been sub par. I thought Smith would be good, yet again, but he has been sub par. I thought our pass rush would be above average but it has been meh. All these position where we should be producing and just not much to speak of. Yes, much of that is Dimel. Much of it is that we just don’t have the talent.

Charlie Bailey left after his BEST season at UTEP (5 wins) and left Nord with players that won a share of the WAC championship. I've wondered how that 2000 team would have done if Bailey had remained the coach.
If Coach Nord won with Coach Bailey's players then he truly did something great... because Coach Bailey never won with Coach Bailey's players.

The poor guy had 19 wins in 6 1/2 seasons and never finished higher than 5th place.

They were Nord players, hence the team mandated to Stull to hire Gary Nord “or they walk”.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT