ADVERTISEMENT

Hope Senter and Wilson do the right thing!

I hope so seeing as pretty much all of the top teams from last season are gone. No excuse utep shouldn't be top 3 or 4. Last years team was just so bad, I don't have the same confidence.
My confidence in this being a 20+ win season is based on alot of hope and small amount of faith left in Golding Right, ya gotta Believe in the process, Right.....We were able to keep some key players in this transfer age of sports, Right, So it's hope, right, it's belief in the process coupled with hard work, Let's Go Miners!!!! Lol 🤣

Reactions: PickMyAxe915
My confidence in this being a 20+ win season is based on alot of hope and small amount of faith left in Golding Right, ya gotta Believe in the process, Right.....We were able to keep some key players in this transfer age of sports, Right, So it's hope, right, it's belief in the process coupled with hard work, Let's Go Miners!!!! Lol 🤣
Dimel kept a lot of his players from last year and it is working well so far.

I hope you're right man.

My confidence in this being a 20+ win season is based on…
You guys have to get away from this mentality. 20 wins doesn’t mean jack shit. Bronzeing won 20 games his first year. A year that also included a 4th place finish in the division, not conference, the division. A loss in the CUSA quarters. 2 losses to NMSU and 2 wins of D2 schools. The 20th win was against a depleted team in the DHC, in a garbage tournament, that didn’t return the next season. That is not a good season. That is so freakin mediocre.

The schedule isn’t out yet, so it’s possible the Miners can get 20 wins and still be mediocre. At least 2 of those wins are against D2 teams. If the Miners don’t beat Oregon, go winless in SoCal, lose 1 game to NMSU, finish lower than 4th place in CUSA, and don’t make the CUSA semis, that is a trash season and not good enough.

Not good enough based on the salary we pay him and the amount of money put into the program.

Stop wishing for mediocre results!

Last edited:
Dimel kept a lot of his players from last year and it is working well so far.

I hope you're right man.
Basketball is a little different, but yeah we'll see. By the way just heard it's possible of a switch at QB or maybe 2 QBs against AZ to change things up on offense a little. We'll see, might just be hear say and not trie, but 8 hope it is.

You guys have to get away from this mentality. 20 wins doesn’t mean jack shit. Bronzeing won 20 games his first year. A year that also included a 4th place finish in the division, not conference, the division. A loss in the CUSA quarters. 2 losses to NMSU and 2 wins of D2 schools. The 20th win was against a depleted team in the DHC, in a garbage tournament, that didn’t return the next season. That is not a good season. That is so freakin mediocre.

The schedule isn’t out yet, so it’s possible the Miners can get 20 wins and still be mediocre. At least 2 of those wins are against D2 teams. If the Miners don’t beat Oregon, go winless in SoCal, lose 1 game to NMSU, finish lower than 4th place in CUSA, and don’t make the CUSA semis, that is a trash season and not good enough.

Not good enough based on the salary we pay him and the amount of money put into the program.

Lol did you really miss the funny sarcasm in that comment lol I said Right a 100 times like Mr.RaRa Joe Goldberg lol

Whatever the heck you’re on, can we have some? UTEP hasn’t given us any reason to be optimistic about football or basketball.

Whatever the heck you’re on, can we have some? UTEP hasn’t given us any reason to be optimistic about football or basketball.
Another person not familiar with Utep Basketball and Coach Joe Golding again SMH 😏 Go listen to Joe Golding talk and motivate and you'll understand geez lol 😆

Basketball is a little different, but yeah we'll see. By the way just heard it's possible of a switch at QB or maybe 2 QBs against AZ to change things up on offense a little. We'll see, might just be hear say and not trie, but 8 hope it is.
For once, I don't think this loss falls on Gavin. He was playing well until Dimel decided to abandon the run. From that point on the wheels began to fall apart. Say what you will but at the end of the day it's a Big 10 defense.

Gavin was managing the game well then Dimel decided to pass the ball on every play.

For once, I don't think this loss falls on Gavin. He was playing well until Dimel decided to abandon the run. From that point on the wheels began to fall apart. Say what you will but at the end of the day it's a Big 10 defense.

Gavin was managing the game well then Dimel decided to pass the ball on every play.
I’m am by no means a Hardison supporter. Aside from the absolute telegraphing of two passes in particular, I agree with that statement. His completion rate was something like 67%, for around 200 yards. That IS the epitome of a QB managing the game. Abandoning the run did an oft struggling QB no favors.

I’m am by no means a Hardison supporter. Aside from the absolute telegraphing of two passes in particular, I agree with that statement. His completion rate was something like 67%, for around 200 yards. That IS the epitome of a QB managing the game. Abandoning the run did an oft struggling QB no favors.
Hardison is what he is and the coaches should know that. There was no need to abandon the run as early as Dimel did. Hardison will lose more games than he will win if it's put in his hands. He is who we thought he was.

You’re right.

I’d rather play some tough teams on the road than shoot for 20 wins over cupcakes. Sharpen the sword for the conference tournament.

You’re right.

I’d rather play some tough teams on the road than shoot for 20 wins over cupcakes. Sharpen the sword for the conference tournament.
20+ wins and try and win CUSA tournament is the goal though in a one bid league.... isn't it? at large is a very miniscule possibility. So when I say 20+ and try to win the conference tournament and go to NCAA and if that doesn't happen make a run in the NIT, what else do you think Utep Basketball is capable of while in C-USA?

20+ wins and try and win CUSA tournament is the goal though in a one bid league.... isn't it? at large is a very miniscule possibility. So when I say 20+ and try to win the conference tournament and go to NCAA and if that doesn't happen make a run in the NIT, what else do you think Utep Basketball is capable of while in C-USA?
Winning the conference tourney is our ONLY shot, so why not play tougher competition to get ready for it?

Senter is dug in. Wilson needs bombarded with info and facts. Her "50/50" comment appears to indicate her lack of knowledge of the game. I like Madden's old comment that it is a game of "Down & Distance" and all she has to do is watch the results of Dimel's coaching on the field. The national stats back it up. His offense sucks. He was booted out of Manhattan because it sucks.

What Senter has successfully done are two things: Promoted Dimel with "puff piece" narratives pushed by local news folks and commentators for games. It is obvious he has some on here who push his narrative; however, with the very poor performance they appear to be silent. Yes, the facts are obvious that UTEP is talent laden this year. The local news reported (and shared with national sports magazines) what was a fact. However, self promotion pieces like the one Dimel did two years ago where he lets us know he could've have gone anywhere and we should be happy to have him now dig the knife deeper.

No Coach Dimel, UTEP could have and should have hired someone else.

Second and extremely crucial, silence with nothing going in or out without his knowledge. Stull ran a leaky faucet administration. My hypothetical guess is largely due to his ego that alienated staff and supporters. After the Floyd hit job presser that went viral, Stull circled the wagons and remained in that posture because it's not until way after Kugler ouster that information started to come out that Kugler in fact, left a "dumpster fire" with alleged rumors of infidelity, unconfirmed reports that UTEP (Diana Natalicio) turned down MWC invites, carousel of players under Floyd and dropping season (season) ticket sales. Senter, a total newbie taking over a larger athletic program in El Paso, continued Stull's "tight lid" campaign and has proved to actually run it more effectively than Stull. Nothing, absolutely nothing, calling into question on any coaches tenure is printed. Local writers state "fan frustration" and throw softballs and even that has resulted in an "arms length" relationship for writers like EP Times Bloomquist, who is a noted Dimel critic.

Call it what it is. Poor coaching. Year six of poor coaching. UTEP lost to a bad, really bad, Big 10 school. A loss was acceptable but a blow out like that was not and should not be accepted.
Cliffs notes: fatalism has set in.

Cliffs notes: fatalism has set in.
Yep. Glad you’re feeling yourself today.😆

Sad El Paso is laissez faire when it comes to UTEP football, because they’re not about high school football. They are given time to build but not UTEP time. One Coach had six years at the helm but had some good success and still replaced!

Check out this article from El Paso Times:

Americas, Montwood, Hanks football programs will need new head coaches

• Haha
Reactions: JCorona
Northwestern was using their 3rd and 4th-string QBs for most of the 2nd half (when, you know, Northwestern ran away with the game). NU's 2nd-stringer was listed as questionable going into the game and did not play, so when their starter got banged up, the 3rd and 4th-stringers were able to go in and put the game away.

(To be fair, NU's 3rd-stringer, Hilinski, does have starting experience.)

• Sad
Reactions: shyminer81
Read the first post of this thread yesterday and was hoping to wake up to good news this morning…..but nope.

UTAustin is back so El Paso is gonna turn burnt orange even more so.

Hope this team loses every single game remaining.

F U C K UTEP.
I do not understand hoping your team loses every game and wishing ill will against kids. Very odd

Reactions: kickballpro
No one is wishing ill will, not even NoWins. Just frustrating banter on Hardison INT ratio.

Are they “grown ass men”? Physically, yes. Some are more mature than others but Dimel can not put them into a position to win. Players are personally responsible for blown assignments just like Hardison’s interceptions but we as fans are arm chair coaches, so what weight do we give Dimel’s coaching versus undisciplined play?

I still do believe Dimel is recruiting players who can play, or develop up to, FBS football. I believe todays opposing coaches can easily dissect his style and execution. I’ll never forget one year when an opposing assistant coach told a sports wrap how he was in awe of UTEP size one year, they just didn’t play up to it. That’s on the coach.

Reactions: LTMiner61
This is a joke, right? Dimel claims to have 30 years of successful results as an OC. I don’t care if he’s been an OC for 50 years. The results speak for themselves. Dimel has a terrible track record as an OC and HC. His play calling is very predictable and lacks imagination. Minimal offensive productivity against mediocre competition. His game time management skills suck and his players lack discipline. This is a reflection on him. This is his team. I’ve seen way better coaching at the HS level. I hope we can turn the page on Dimel after this year and bring in a young up and coming coordinator or FCS coach, who’s wanting an opportunity to be an FBS HC. Enough with these retreads. Dimel’s had six years to turn this program around and he’s failed.

Dimel dropping Power 5 references and pro scouts high on Hardy! This dude really does think low of this fan base and community?

Kai and Byars are dragging Dimel on Twitter with what they experienced and saw during their time with the team.

Thanks for the memories Coach!

Reactions: MINER.JAY
Listen carefully to this “slight of hand” narrative by Deaver. He wants you to believe that a thermobaric bomb undid UTEP football prior to Dimel’s debut. Close, but not quite. Kug has players in the NFL. Dimel has had a few weeks of success (and flopped badly in 2nd half of season) and a win against Boise (and we’re supposed to be happy and content with that).

Deaver, Dimel and his supporters can write or narrate all the puff pieces they want. He is not and never was a good head coach and will go down in UTEP history as another underperforming head coach.

David Lee & Charlie Bailey want to know when they can call you for a web meeting?

My response to some things listed here

1. NFL players do not matter at a school like UTEP. Kugler was a shitty coach here and just because he had Aaron Jones and Will Hernandez here, doesn’t mean he was any good. He didn’t accomplish anything - except leave the program worse than how he received it. Great college players like Troy Davis, Tommie Frazier, Charlie Ward, Andre Ware, and Ty Detmer never played or were NFL busts.

2. Back when Dismel took over, yes, it did take a few years to recover from the shitty recruits Kugler had brought in. Many El Paso area high school players and “grey shirts”. For better or worse, I believe Dismel honored all of those scholarships. Probably not the best idea, but it goes to show you, that winning here is not a priority and mediocrity is tolerated and rewarded.

3. I listened to Deaver’s podcast after the JSU loss. As per usual, he continuously defends Dismel at all costs. He brought up all the “Dimel must be fired” thoughts. He said it was ridiculous that it was suggested and said that “The last time it happened, how did it work out? They still finished the season 0-12”. Okay fine. Then, he said that Dismel “inherited the worst roster ever” and he needed time. So he is using the example of having the worst roster ever and saying a mid season coaching change is dumb because when Price took over that worst roster ever, they still finished 0-12.

some old mistakes, same old excuses and nothing improves... I think at times Dimel just has given up on the team also... Lets start with a qb that can run ... run different plays .... Get results not more excuses..
Its goin' to be a very uphill battle to win in Arizona...

Short list of my issues with Dimel.
1. The fact that he's stuck with Hardison for 4 years, all the while knowing he's not the right QB for his offense. No effort to get a quality transfer to even push Hardison or would be a better fit for this offense and keep the turnovers down. Refusal to accept that Hardison has cost us games and a Bowl Victory. Yes, Hardison played decent against Fresno St. However he coughed it up when we were driving for the tie or win. He cost us at least 2 or 3 games alone last year or we might've went Bowling. This year he cost us the Jacksonville St. game and started the landslide at NW.
2. Hard headed, predictable play calling, and constantly out coached in the second half, Enough Said
3. Refusal to get with the times of College Football. Quality FBS/FCS transfers, more exciting Offense, etc...
4. Seemingly a lack of accountability and always blames the losses on a few mistakes, yet his teams are constantly making same mistakes. That falls on the coach.
5. Lastly, his apparent acceptance of mediocrity and no drive for excellence and achieving beyond a 6-6 goal year in and year out to just get Bowl Eligible.

Last edited:
Short list of my issues with Dimel.
1. The fact that he's stuck with Hardison for 4 years, all the while knowing he's not the right QB for his offense. No effort to get a quality transfer to even push Hardison or would be a better fit for this offense and keep the turnovers down. Refusal to accept that Hardison has cost us games and a Bowl Victory. Yes, Hardison played decent against Fresno St. However he coughed it up when we were driving for the tie or win. He cost us at least 2 or 3 games alone last year or we might've went Bowling. This year he cost us the Jacksonville St. game and started the landslide at NW.
2. Hard headed, predictable play calling, and constantly out coached in the second half, Enough Said
3. Refusal to get with the times of College Football. Quality FBS/FCS transfers, more exciting Offense, etc...
4. Seemingly a lack of accountability and always blames the losses on a few mistakes, yet his teams are constantly making same mistakes. That falls on the coach.
5. Lastly, his apparent acceptance of mediocrity and no drive for excellence and achieving beyond a goal year in and year out to just get Bowl Eligible.
Vesting and resting.

I've wondered how that 2000 team would have done if Bailey had remained the coach.
Underachieved. Those seniors were solid and leave it on the field players; however, in a rare admission of fault, Stull stated they held him hostage stating if Nord was not hired, they walk.

However, Bailey had a bull moose of an RB in (Andress High) Smith and other good players and he couldn't get it done.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
My response to some things listed here

1. NFL players do not matter at a school like UTEP. Kugler was a shitty coach here and just because he had Aaron Jones and Will Hernandez here, doesn’t mean he was any good. He didn’t accomplish anything - except leave the program worse than how he received it. Great college players like Troy Davis, Tommie Frazier, Charlie Ward, Andre Ware, and Ty Detmer never played or were NFL busts.

2. Back when Dismel took over, yes, it did take a few years to recover from the shitty recruits Kugler had brought in. Many El Paso area high school players and “grey shirts”. For better or worse, I believe Dismel honored all of those scholarships. Probably not the best idea, but it goes to show you, that winning here is not a priority and mediocrity is tolerated and rewarded.

3. I listened to Deaver’s podcast after the JSU loss. As per usual, he continuously defends Dismel at all costs. He brought up all the “Dimel must be fired” thoughts. He said it was ridiculous that it was suggested and said that “The last time it happened, how did it work out? They still finished the season 0-12”. Okay fine. Then, he said that Dismel “inherited the worst roster ever” and he needed time. So he is using the example of having the worst roster ever and saying a mid season coaching change is dumb because when Price took over that worst roster ever, they still finished 0-12.
0-12, 1-11, 3-9…. Who gives a shit. This team is facing a 1-5 start, and after 6 years when does he expect to see improvement? I get defending your boy, but this is ridiculous. He needs to come up for air every once in a while.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT