ADVERTISEMENT

I wonder if Mike Price would come back to coach the team mid-year?

I wouldn't call Price a bad coach. A bad coach (whether with his recruits or not) doesn't go to 2 straight bowl games, beat ranked teams, and have teams ranked in the Top 25 two years in a row.

LOL. That was his first 2 years with Gary Nord's players (and of course he wouldn't say anything bad about Nord, because if he didn't have his players, it most likely would have been 9 straight losing seasons). With his own he had 7 straight losing seasons. I don't know of many coaches that someone would call good after that. I think all of them would be described as bad.
Seriously, use some logic. Would you hire anyone that just had 7 straight losing seasons?
Your logic is the same that is behind keeping Tim Floyd. We are not going anywhere with him, and it is a time for a change. It obviously was the time to get rid of Price, and thank the lord they finally did. The funny thing is that a couple of years ago when Kugler took us to a bowl game, everyone was on his bandwagon. He already has one winning season, out of only 3. Lets give him a total of 9 and see if he beats the number Price had.

LOL. That was his first 2 years with Gary Nord's players (and of course he wouldn't say anything bad about Nord, because if he didn't have his players, it most likely would have been 9 straight losing seasons). With his own he had 7 straight losing seasons. I don't know of many coaches that someone would call good after that. I think all of them would be described as bad.
Seriously, use some logic. Would you hire anyone that just had 7 straight losing seasons?
Your logic is the same that is behind keeping Tim Floyd. We are not going anywhere with him, and it is a time for a change. It obviously was the time to get rid of Price, and thank the lord they finally did. The funny thing is that a couple of years ago when Kugler took us to a bowl game, everyone was on his bandwagon. He already has one winning season, out of only 3. Lets give him a total of 9 and see if he beats the number Price had.

If he was a bad coach he wouldn't have won even with Nord's players. I never even said he was a good coach, but he certainly wasn't bad. I was say he was an ok coach.

Second of all, I never said Price should be hired to coach again.

I would just bring him back as an emergency place holder to finish out the season until we hired someone in the off-season. Kugler should be fired now.

Reactions: UTEP05
I would just bring him back as an emergency place holder to finish out the season until we hired someone in the off-season. Kugler should be fired now.

I agree as a place holder as well. If it is to hold the ball on extra points or on kickoffs if there is a strong wind, then I could see him being useful.

Reactions: unihorn
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT