ADVERTISEMENT

If Utep fans had more patience with Terry...

FiliUTEP

MI Miner Maniac
Feb 1, 2010
Look what Utep couldve had??

He had Bryson Williams Texas Tech
Souley Boum Xavier
Kennedy Memphis
Tydus Northwestern
Efe SMU

Anyone else I'm missing?

Go back snd see our records during his time here.
Stop being an embarrassment to this board.
Cant handle the facts I see?? The problem is not the coaches it's the fans that dont have patience . Look what he is doing at Texas. Looks like he does know how to coach?? UTEP would've had a loaded team.

Had em tard. Went 17-15 and 12-12 with them. Lost in 1st game of CUSA tournament each year.
Last year with Bryson and Boum together?? How is that not a tourney team? Wasnt Bryson first team all Big 12? Look what Boum is doing at Xavier he could win Big East player of the year. And Kennedy ain't doing bad at Memphis. Terry wouldve had a loaded team last year.

Reactions: kickballpro
When did Terry have that health scare? Was it his last season here?

Last edited:
Terry was the one who wanted to leave. Senter signed him to an extension and would have given him more time.
Yep. While I am happy for him, his luggage and bed were Austin bound after he hung up the phone with Beard and I believe his love lives in Austin?

Yeah fans disliked him, but a the end of the day this bum chose to leave a D1 head coaching job, where he was the man, to go be second fiddle and be a recruiter.
Yes he did. Personally I think he chose to leave because he knew Bryson was going to transfer (another what could have been team for UTEP), however Terry has made some lucky decisions and his timing has paid off (coaching wise and financially). If he can't muster any continued success at Texas, I can see another good P5 school giving him a good shot.

Terry has made some lucky decisions and his timing has paid off (coaching wise and financially).
Some coaches have it, some sit and wait their turn sometimes never to come. I am not saying hard work has nothing to do with it, but sometimes you have to look up to the sky and say "thank you" even if you are a non believer.

Some coaches have it, some sit and wait their turn sometimes never to come. I am not saying hard work has nothing to do with it, but sometimes you have to look up to the sky and say "thank you" even if you are a non believer.
Terry has basically said he’s the luckiest man alive. He’s very humble.

Reactions: Lil_Train
Terry loves UT and Austin. He and Beard were/are close. I think his gf lives in Austin. Money is not everyone’s sole consideration.

Reactions: Dmanminer
He may not be the best Xs and Os Coach out there, but he’s smart enough to recognize a sinking ship when he sees one.

I forget who I’m talking to though.
It’s crazy, but he scrapped Beard’s “No middle” defense, and the defense is better.

And the offense has been terrific, and different from Beard’s mostly motion stuff.

Now he does have some very experienced assistants — particularly Bob Donewald, that I’m sure have helped him bigly.

And the players seem to love Terry.

It’s crazy, but he scrapped Beard’s “No middle” defense, and the defense is better.

And the offense has been terrific, and different from Beard’s mostly motion stuff.

Now he does have some very experienced assistants — particularly Bob Donewald, that I’m sure have helped him bigly.

And the players seem to love Terry.
He must be doing the hedging defense now. As we all know this is the top defense. It gets a lot of steals!

Reactions: Lil_Train
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT