ADVERTISEMENT

If UTEP had a Choice, AAC or MWC

BRAVO!!! UTEP needs to approach sports with a passion. If we play in the WAC, play to win the WAC every year (I think that's what Haskins' goal every year, no?) If we play in CUSA, play to win CUSA every year.

This is really dumb man. Do you think Golding was telling the Newton bros, “We’re striving for 4th place this year!!”? Do you think Dimel is getting ready to tell his team “We’re playing for 6th place and another NM Bowl this year!!”? It’s ridiculous to believe that UTEP coaches are approaching recruits/current players with mediocrity and are not giving a full effort to win each and every game.

Now, other teams and coaches will of course, prevent that from happening, but it doesn’t mean Dimel and Golding are not “trying to win games”.

One of the magazines has UTEP fourth and another seventh with the same won loss record. Go figure. The Phil Steele magazine does have UTEP third as mentioned above. His mag has us winning as many as eight games in the regular season.

Reactions: denverutep
Phil Steele picks CUSA 1. UAB 2. UTSA 3. UTEP

Most "experts" think his mag is most accurate and in depth one out there.

I'm not a fan of the "experts" because they get paid just to make guesses like we do.

He did predict Florida to finish 2nd last year and they finished in 6th place.

Same with Texas A&M and LSU. He wasn't close.

I hope he's right about UTEP, but I would take his predictions with a grain of salt.

This is really dumb man. Do you think Golding was telling the Newton bros, “We’re striving for 4th place this year!!”? Do you think Dimel is getting ready to tell his team “We’re playing for 6th place and another NM Bowl this year!!”? It’s ridiculous to believe that UTEP coaches are approaching recruits/current players with mediocrity and are not giving a full effort to win each and every game.

Now, other teams and coaches will of course, prevent that from happening, but it doesn’t mean Dimel and Golding are not “trying to win games”.

The idiot who can't have a civilized conversation is you. I never once said our coaches don't want to win. You just insert whatever dumb idea is in your head into what you read.

Reactions: T-6 Miner
The more conscientious experts will often give a best case scenario and a worst case. UTEPs best case scenario this season is 8-4. Worst case is 5-7. Whole lot different vibe for the team than two or three seasons ago. Back then, bloggers would say I was on something to predict as high as 5-7.

The more conscientious experts will often give a best case scenario and a worst case. UTEPs best case scenario this season is 8-4. Worst case is 5-7. Whole lot different vibe for the team than two or three seasons ago. Back then, bloggers would say I was on something to predict as high as 5-7.

I would be extremely shocked if UTEP won 8 games.

Let's just count the Oklahoma and Boise State games as loses. Oklahoma is pretty much a given and Boise State will be tough to beat.

I don't think UTEP will win 8/10 games.

I would be extremely shocked if UTEP won 8 games.

Let's just count the Oklahoma and Boise State games as loses. Oklahoma is pretty much a given and Boise State will be tough to beat.

I don't think UTEP will win 8/10 games.
Can't argue with that. Guess that makes 8 wins a "best case scenario".

I don't expect 8 wins either but who realistically expected 8 wins in 2000 or 2004?

Realistically, I see us between 4 and 7 wins.

I won't gripe if the Miners win seven games. I would be disappointed if they went below six wins. Of course, we'll be rehashing this all again toward the end of the season. Who will be right?

Definitely 8 would be high end and 4 would be low end putting us at 6-6. I'll say 7-5 though is a good possibility and 8-4 is possible, but not likely.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT