ADVERTISEMENT

I'm still on Team Kugler (depending on how we finish the season)

minermx07

MI Regular
Sep 6, 2009
Im going to write this before the game makes us hate ourselves again. Below are my reasons for still supporting Kugler.

1. The development of the Jones Brothers has truly been impressive.

2. The 2014 turnaround was an impressive season (considering 7 straight losing seasons under Price and all those 1 or two 2 win seasons before Nord), even with the bad bowl game appearance.

3. Cleaning up the academics is a plus.

4. I like the El Paso strategy. Until we win for a prolonged period of time, no kid has UTEP on their wish list. We've tried picking from the bottom of the barrel from Texas and Cali, it hasn't worked.

5. I like the run-first philosophy. The only way schools like UTEP win is by being hard to plan for, by being against the grain, we will never best other schools at their game when we play with their rejects.

6. Being run-first attracts o-lineman and that's where games are won.

7. Kugler' s style definitely caps how good we can be, but in football, I just want to be "good enough" (Be competitive in CUSA play, compete for a bowl game most years, maybe win 8 games). Having an identity that we can always look to helps win games.

That being said, we take being run-first to an extreme, the play calling is crazy bad. And QB play is awful, so I know, Kugler isn't perfect.

I agree, however, your argument is lowering the bar, except for the academics. But it doesn't matter if it's elementary to FBS football, it's the head coaches job to make sure the kids perform on the field and in the classroom.

Reactions: UTEP05
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT