ADVERTISEMENT

Ineptitude

TxRdKiller

MI Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jul 16, 2001
This Miners football team is the college football equivalent of a chain being only as strong as it's weakest link.

This FBS team is only as strong as it's weakest FCS coach and players. We are a weak FCS team wearing FBS uniforms. This is pathetic.

I'm not advocating for a coaching change after one year but it would not hurt my feelings if we brought in a real FBS level coach with one year to build before we join the MWC.

Coach Walden wanted to install a fast-paced offense. Apparently, this means the offense gets off the field as quickly as possible. No running the clock, no picking up first downs, no keeping your defense and the other team's offense off the field and for God's sake, no putting points on the board. If this is his intention, he is successful. This deep into the season and the offense is still totally useless. Just another UTEP football season. I'm starting to look forward to basketball.

I love how we throw a one yard pass on 3rd and 5 and then a 4 yard pass on 3rd and 10. Horrible play calling and decision making. Not a good combo

Patience is key, guys. Just take a look at Texas State. Their FCS coach took over a team with a stellar 27% winning percentage. Right in line with Dimel’s 28%. And look at them now. Sure, he won a bowl game in his first year and has a winning record this season, but they still struggle against powerhouses like Sam Houston State. So, let’s just keep doing what we always do, be patient. The results will show up eventually... right?

Patience is key, guys. Just take a look at Texas State. Their FCS coach took over a team with a stellar 27% winning percentage. Right in line with Dimel’s 28%. And look at them now. Sure, he won a bowl game in his first year and has a winning record this season, but they still struggle against powerhouses like Sam Houston State. So, let’s just keep doing what we always do, be patient. The results will show up eventually... right?
Most UTEP fans don’t want to win at Baylor or win bowl games though. They just want to go to the Sun Bowl and continue to pay higher prices for the same product the last 20 years. Anyone who doesn’t enjoy losing isn’t a real fan!!!

Most UTEP fans don’t want to win at Baylor or win bowl games though. They just want to go to the Sun Bowl and continue to pay higher prices for the same product the last 20 years. Anyone who doesn’t enjoy losing isn’t a real fan!!!
You can’t expect those kind of achievements in year 1 or 2. That’s more like a year 5 or 6 kind of thing.

senter is 0-4 hiring bb and fb coaches, utep can’t afford another terrible hire, fresh blood with new ideas is sorely needed
He’s definitely 0-2. If Bronzeing doesn’t have at least a NIT caliber team this year, he will be 0-3. Too early to call Sucky Walden a loss, but it’s not looking good at this point.

Unfortunately Senter probably bought himself one more year with the MWC invite falling in his lap. That might give him enough time to hire our next basketball coach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT