ADVERTISEMENT

Its Gameweek 💥💥💥

This is about to get ugly. The tale of two halves. The Miners haven’t shown up in the second half.

This is about to get ugly. The tale of two halves. The Miners haven’t shown up in the second half.
But I feel like going back to the mid 90s UTEP games always got ugly in the third. I don’t have any data to back up my claim but these 3rd quarter let downs go back further than Dimmel.

Welp, still inefficient. Other than Flores, WR couldn’t make plays nor get separation. They took 14 off the board. Dimel will not use TE’s at all. Dropped passes. O line did fantastic in pass game but not in run game.

North Texas O line deserves kudos. They did great sealing off blockers and opened 5’ sliding glass doors for their backs. They doubled Praise all night.

Welp, still inefficient. Other than Flores, WR couldn’t make plays nor get separation. They took 14 off the board. Dimel will not use TE’s at all. Dropped passes. O line did fantastic in pass game but not in run game.

North Texas O line deserves kudos. They did great sealing off blockers and opened 5’ sliding glass doors for their backs. They doubled Praise all night.
I’m sorry 2step, nothing personal, but what ****ing game are you watching?

Just an absolute shit show. In year five of Dimel I expect us to beat mid tier conference teams at home. I don't take any positives from this game. Bennett out coached Dimel. We were beating them with deep passes so Bennett dropped 8 into coverage. They took away the deep ball. The biggest problem with the offense, and there are many, is that we can't run the football. Hankins shouldn't be getting carries. Awatt was disappointing. A veteran o-line got absolutely no push.

For the fifth straight year we have absolutely no short or intermediate passing game. The tight end is non existent. We don't get the backs involved in the passing game. This offense is going to struggle until we figure out how to run the football.

The defense was disappointing. The d-line which is supposed to be the best unit of the defense struggled. Just like UTSA last year, UNT gashed us with iso's. We made no adjustments. The secondary needs to be more physical. They were in decent position most of the night. but let UNT recievers out muscle them for balls. Our linebackers and safeties were eaten up by their tight end all night. No positives.

Once again UTEP has a chance to change the narrative and when lights are the brightest they shit the bed.

Last edited:
Poor job of coaching. Period. Dismel needs to fired on Monday. After the game he states” We play they ten times we will when eight”. The man can not coach or inspire his players. Senter was stupid for extending his contract and Wilson needs to show some leadership and dismiss both on Monday.

Poor job of coaching. Period. Dismel needs to fired on Monday. After the game he states” We play they ten times we will when eight”. The man can not coach or inspire his players. Senter was stupid for extending his contract and Wilson needs to show some leadership and dismiss both on Monday.
Did he really say if we play them "10 times we win 8"? He's completely disconnected. He's played them 5 times and won 0. What a dumb thing to say.

I’m sorry 2step, nothing personal, but what ****ing game are you watching?
What game were you watching? They gave Hardison pass protection. The run game blocking was stunning and disappointing. UNT shut that down for the most part.

What game were you watching? They gave Hardison pass protection. The run game blocking was stunning and disappointing. UNT shut that down for the most part.
The line was bad. Several times probably half of the pass attempts we went max protect. We kept a back and a tight end in to block. That's terrible especially when UNT was rushing three from about midway through the second quarter on. That's an indictment in the o-line. It's a bigger indictment though on Dimel trying to beat them over the top with three guys running patterns against eight in coverage. That's the worst playcalling you will ever see. Some of that may be on Hardison I believe has full audible authority.

The line was bad. Several times probably half of the pass attempts we went max protect. We kept a back and a tight end in to block. That's terrible especially when UNT was rushing three from about midway through the second quarter on. That's an indictment in the o-line. It's a bigger indictment though on Dimel trying to beat them over the top with three guys running patterns against eight in coverage. That's the worst playcalling you will ever see. Some of that may be on Hardison I believe has full audible authority.
There was that alone shot they had in the end zone in the 2nd quarter where on third down Hardison threw it into double coverage. I know for a fact that isn’t prime Randy Miss running routes for the Miners, so that was an absolute waste of a third down.

There was that alone shot they had in the end zone in the 2nd quarter where on third down Hardison threw it into double coverage. I know for a fact that isn’t prime Randy Miss running routes for the Miners, so that was an absolute waste of a third down.
Double? It was triple.

However, protection, is protection. UNT played max zone coverage and Smith got 127 and Flores 122 and Hardison finished with 293, most in the first half. I'm just calling a spade a spade but please don't get me wrong, the loss was embarrassing.

I was not at all on the Life "fire Senter" camp, but it is now pretty much clear UTEP may, perhaps look into going a different direction? It's year five and UTEP got spanked by a very evenly matched team.

But, but I will give players and groups kudos for what they did well. Flores is GOAT! Period. He has developed so consistently over the years and changed positions.

Dimel needs to retire. What was more sad was his post game show. "8 out of 10 time this team would have won"? The "Golly Gee's...My gosh!". Seriously Coach Dimel? Cuss words aren't necessary but not once did you say "I golly geed this one. They didn't get it done". I was in the Taco Bell line when I heard it and going full Napoleon Dynamite was just plain embarrassing. If Bar Stool Sports recorded it, they would've have had a field day. His history is his history. It was long, historic (under Snyder) and painful as well. Kugler manned up and stepped down. You are not going to do what Coach Littrell did last year, your offense is too conservative to begin with.

Last edited:
Double? It was triple.

However, protection, is protection. UNT played max zone coverage and Smith got 127 and Flores 122 and Hardison finished with 293, most in the first half. I'm just calling a spade a spade but please don't get me wrong, the loss was embarrassing.

I was not at all on the Life "fire Senter" camp, but it is now pretty much clear UTEP may, perhaps look into going a different direction? It's year five and UTEP got spanked by a very evenly matched team.

But, but I will give players and groups kudos for what they did well. Flores is GOAT! Period. He has developed so consistently over the years and changed positions.

Dimel needs to retire. What was more sad was his post game show. "8 out of 10 time this team would have won"? The "Golly Gee's...My gosh!". Seriously Coach Dimel? Cuss words aren't necessary but not once did you say "I golly geed this one. They didn't get it done". I was in the Taco Bell line when I heard it and going full Napoleon Dynamite was just plain embarrassing. If Bar Stool Sports recorded it, they would've have had a field day. His history is his history. It was long, historic (under Snyder) and painful as well. Kugler manned up and stepped down. You are not going to do what Coach Littrell did last year, your offense is too conservative to begin with.
I was sitting in the first row so couldn’t see the third defender.!

Double? It was triple.

Fire Senter? Why?

Reactions: MinerFan79
He extend Dismel, extend Terry, ( we lucked out there). And none of the other sports are setting the conference on fire.
I do believe we have a god volleyball ball coach but if womens basketball has another bad year their coach needs to be canned also.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT