ADVERTISEMENT

Its official. EVERYTHING is now cancelled.

How is the testing regime going in El Paso? Same cluster as everywhere? My dad seems to be hanging his hat on the fact that there are very few cases out there, but I'm trying to convince him that's more due to lack of testing.

****With no sports on TV for the foreseeable future, guess I'm going to have to break out the old DVDs and rewatch The Sopranos. FUGETABOUTIT!!!****

Fugidahbout the DVDs, take a look at the PLUTO-TV app lots of viewing without getting and changing discs if being a potato on the couch gets to be too good. There's another app called TUBI - worth a look. These are cord cutter options.

Last edited:
How is the testing regime going in El Paso? Same cluster as everywhere? My dad seems to be hanging his hat on the fact that there are very few cases out there, but I'm trying to convince him that's more due to lack of testing.
El Paso has tested about 125 people. One hospital in Lubbock has tested over 450. We're complying too strictly with cdc guidelines here in El Paso.

Reactions: JCorona
El Paso has tested about 125 people. One hospital in Lubbock has tested over 450. We're complying too strictly with cdc guidelines here in El Paso.
Serious question. Why do you think more people need to be tested than those who meet the criteria? What is the criteria in Lubbock? And if we were to test more then what are we going to do differently than what we are doing?

Last edited:
Serious question. Why do you think more people need to be tested than those who meet the criteria? What is the criteria in Lubbock? And if were to test more then what are we going to do differently than what we are doing?

I would say the more people who get tested, the better. If you have been near someone with the virus, and then catch it, but don't show any symptoms, you can still spread it if you continue your everyday life, interacting with people.

Those who are carrying the virus need to know, so they can isolate themselves.

I would say the more people who get tested, the better. If you have been near someone with the virus, and then catch it, but don't show any symptoms, you can still spread it if you continue your everyday life, interacting with people.

Those who are carrying the virus need to know, so they can isolate themselves.
So that would mean EVERYBODY gets tested. Is that feasible?

So that would mean EVERYBODY gets tested. Is that feasible?

not everyone. But for example, those two UTEP employees who tested positive for Coronavirus, maybe interacted with 50 people in a week lets say.

It would be ideal for those around them, who work with them on a daily basis, to get tested if they felt they needed to.

The U.S. was not prepared for this crisis, and so now we have limited testing. Hopefully we have more testing available to the public sooner rather than later.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
not everyone. But for example, those two UTEP employees who tested positive for Coronavirus, maybe interacted with 50 people in a week lets say.

It would be ideal for those around them, who work with them on a daily basis, to get tested if they felt they needed to.

The U.S. was not prepared for this crisis, and so now we have limited testing. Hopefully we have more testing available to the public sooner rather than later.

I understand your concern. I really do, however I think the question is what is feasible, not why isn't everybody getting tested. What is the most important thing we can do right now?

Testing everybody is not possible and to expect a country of 325 million to have that many tests ready to be done and read on a whim or within months notice is not feasible either. It's just logistically not possible. It's not even necessary. Even if it were then what would we do different? We dont have enough info yet regarding false negatives, retransmission, spread in healthy individuals, etc..

For example: Testing the 50 people that were around the 2 that tested positive is not feasible because what about all the others that those 50 people have been around since and so on. It's impossible to track. And again, even if everybody is tested, what are we going to do different? Will everybody get quarantined?

The ONLY way to POSSIBLY stop the virus is for every single person in the world to self quarentine for 3-4 weeks and those who get sick die at home. Not feasible, not possible, not ethical, etc. The death rate alone makes this option a mute point.

Not everybody needs to get tested nor will it change the fact that the virus will spread through the world/U.S. anyway and we are already doing what we can to slow the spread (which is the main concern). The most important thing right now is to do what you can to help slow the spread and avoid people that are at highest risk if possible. Do your part and that is it. Worst thing that is happening is hospitals getting overwhelmed and providers/families are stuck making difficult decisions about life or death.

I understand your concern. I really do, however I think the question is what is feasible, not why isn't everybody getting tested. What is the most important thing we can do right now?

Testing everybody is not possible and to expect a country of 325 million to have that many tests ready to be done and read on a whim or within months notice is not feasible either. It's just logistically not possible. It's not even necessary. Even if it were then what would we do different? We dont have enough info yet regarding false negatives, retransmission, spread in healthy individuals, etc..

For example: Testing the 50 people that were around the 2 that tested positive is not feasible because what about all the others that those 50 people have been around since and so on. It's impossible to track. And again, even if everybody is tested, what are we going to do different? Will everybody get quarantined?

The ONLY way to POSSIBLY stop the virus is for every single person in the world to self quarentine for 3-4 weeks and those who get sick die at home. Not feasible, not possible, not ethical, etc. The death rate alone makes this option a mute point.

Not everybody needs to get tested nor will it change the fact that the virus will spread through the world/U.S. anyway and we are already doing what we can to slow the spread (which is the main concern). The most important thing right now is to do what you can to help slow the spread and avoid people that are at highest risk if possible. Do your part and that is it. Worst thing that is happening is hospitals getting overwhelmed and providers/families are stuck making difficult decisions about life or death.
It's not feasible to test everyone, but knowledge is power. The more people who you can get out of the population and into quarantine - especially those who are asymptomatic - the slower the spread. The fact that a city with about a million people has 100 people tested is pretty scary.

Reactions: Prospero915
It's not feasible to test everyone, but knowledge is power. The more people who you can get out of the population and into quarantine - especially those who are asymptomatic - the slower the spread. The fact that a city with about a million people has 100 people tested is pretty scary.

Knowledge also tells you that you or I could be positive and asymptomatic right now. Knowledge also tells you that you don't have to be tested or test positive to do your part. Not everybody can be quarantined at the same time. Finally, knowledge tells you that those who meet criteria to be tested should be tested first because they are likely sick.

Knowledge also tells you that you or I could be positive and asymptomatic right now. Knowledge also tells you that you don't have to be tested or test positive to do your part. Not everybody can be quarantined at the same time. Finally, knowledge tells you that those who meet criteria to be tested should be tested first because they are likely sick.
Isn't that what we're essentially doing right now? We're rationing the test for those who need it(I thought that there wasn't supposed to be rationing in a for profit system) and we're quarantining everyone else because we don't know who is contagious. I'd rather have as much of a handle on who has it than not. And we're in the than not part right now.

Reactions: Autograph Boy
Isn't that what we're essentially doing right now? We're rationing the test for those who need it(I thought that there wasn't supposed to be rationing in a for profit system) and we're quarantining everyone else because we don't know who is contagious. I'd rather have as much of a handle on who has it than not. And we're in the than not part right now.
We are NOT quarantining everybody else. And if we tested everybody at once and we knew who had it then what would you suggest that we do?

I get it. People want to know if they have it and who has it etc, but nobody has answered what would be done differently.

We are NOT quarantining everybody else. And if we tested everybody at once and we knew who had it then what would you suggest that we do?

I get it. People want to know if they have it and who has it etc, but nobody has answered what would be done differently.

If you know you have it, then you stay away from places like Wal Mart (at a grocery store you could alone infect dozens of others). And you then you absolutely stay away from grandpa and grandma.

the good thing is that as time moves forward more tests will be available to the public.
I read that the FDA will soon approve tests made by private labs, that can provide results in 45 minutes.

The goal is for doctors in their offices to test a patient and then provide them with their results.

What would be done differently is probably a question better asked down the road. There needs to be some form of international agreement on how these things are handled. Take the test kits. There were test kits out there to be had. Depending on who you believe, either they were rejected due to CDC red tape or because we wanted American test kits. Under these circumstances, that can't happen again. There will probably be better stockpiling of PPE and medical equipment. We'll just have to see what happens. This one seems to be something unique, but there will another one some time in the future. Hopefully we'll learn something between now and then.

Reactions: develman
No one is suggesting that asymptomatic people should be tested given our current supply. I don't know the exact details, but El Paso is sticking to outdated rigorous criteria and sick people are not being tested. That's a fact.

No one is suggesting that asymptomatic people should be tested given our current supply. I don't know the exact details, but El Paso is sticking to outdated rigorous criteria and sick people are not being tested. That's a fact.
No it's not. What makes you think "sick" people are not being tested?

News article out of NOLA states a guy recently came into the ER of a hospital exhibiting symptoms, was given Tylenol and shown the exit door without testing. The guy was released into the Gen. Population. Who knows what's happened to him, but Louisiana is now in a hot zone, so is Alabama and FLA. Mississippi Gov as of last night lifted any restricts on shelter at home or dining in public. If things go south in the south it could be extremely bad for all.

Reactions: develman
News article out of NOLA states a guy recently came into the ER of a hospital exhibiting symptoms, was given Tylenol and shown the exit door without testing. The guy was released into the Gen. Population. Who knows what's happened to him, but Louisiana is now in a hot zone, so is Alabama and FLA. Mississippi Gov as of last night lifted any restricts on shelter at home or dining in public. If things go south in the south it could be extremely bad for all.
You don't go to the hospital to get tested for Corona virus. You go if you think you are sick enough and might need to be admitted or if you have an emergency (just like any other time). If you dont get admitted or need to be tested then you go home. If you are admitted, tested and are positive or negative and get better then you go home.

All these people that just want to get tested or get everybody tested need to calm down and follow instructions.

Trump coronavirus specials:

Remember this one Feb. 26, 2020
“When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero,” he said, “that's a pretty good job we've done." Now March 26, 2020 Number of cases 83,545. That went to zero quick President dumb-ass, didn't it?

Some more brilliant diagnostics from tiny hands March 9, 2020:
Speaking to Fox News’s Sean Hannity last week, Trump said he didn’t accept the World Health Organization’s estimate that 3.4 percent of coronavirus cases would be fatal.

“This is just my hunch,” he said, “but based on a lot of conversations with a lot of people that do this. Because a lot of people will have this and it’s very mild. They’ll get better very rapidly. They don’t even see a doctor. They don’t even call a doctor. You never hear about those people. So you can’t put that down in the category in the overall population in terms of this corona-flu or virus.”

In his tweet on Thursday, though, Trump compared 3,280 deaths from 100,000 cases internationally — 3.3 percent mortality rate — to 129 cases in the United States with 11 fatalities. That’s an 8.5 percent mortality rate, significantly higher than what the WHO estimated. His numbers on Monday were better, yielding a 4 percent mortality rate. Still, his hunch isn’t supported by the data.

Now the genius wants to "open the country up for business" on Easter(such hacky pandering to religious zealots, BTW) If he would listen to his own experts he would know this is not the right move. But he has a "hunch".

Trump coronavirus specials:

Remember this one Feb. 26, 2020
“When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero,” he said, “that's a pretty good job we've done." Now March 26, 2020 Number of cases 83,545. That went to zero quick President dumb-ass, didn't it?

Some more brilliant diagnostics from tiny hands March 9, 2020:
Speaking to Fox News’s Sean Hannity last week, Trump said he didn’t accept the World Health Organization’s estimate that 3.4 percent of coronavirus cases would be fatal.

“This is just my hunch,” he said, “but based on a lot of conversations with a lot of people that do this. Because a lot of people will have this and it’s very mild. They’ll get better very rapidly. They don’t even see a doctor. They don’t even call a doctor. You never hear about those people. So you can’t put that down in the category in the overall population in terms of this corona-flu or virus.”

In his tweet on Thursday, though, Trump compared 3,280 deaths from 100,000 cases internationally — 3.3 percent mortality rate — to 129 cases in the United States with 11 fatalities. That’s an 8.5 percent mortality rate, significantly higher than what the WHO estimated. His numbers on Monday were better, yielding a 4 percent mortality rate. Still, his hunch isn’t supported by the data.

Now the genius wants to "open the country up for business" on Easter(such hacky pandering to religious zealots, BTW) If he would listen to his own experts he would know this is not the right move. But he has a "hunch".

Remember when Joe Biden said he was an Ivy League professor. I could go on and on with all the gaffes the Democratic party had made.

Yeah, big difference here. Joe Biden isn’t running our country.

That's my point. Imagine if he was?

Trump was making predictions. If he was right would you give him credit? Of course not. Trump's approval rating is getting higher and higher.

If you want to vote for Biden, that's ok by me. But if you think Trump is bad, Biden will be ten times worse.

Trump was making predictions. If he was right would you give him credit? Of course not. Trump's approval rating is getting higher and higher.

If you want to vote for Biden, that's ok by me. But if you think Trump is bad, Biden will be ten times worse.

His predictions, as erratic as they are, scare the **** out of logical rational minded people, like Dr. Fauci and every front line health care worker in America.

Also, you make a lot of assumptions.

His predictions, as erratic as they are, scare the **** out of logical rational minded people, like Dr. Fauci and every front line health care worker in America.

Also, you make a lot of assumptions.

Cool. You are going to hear a lot of predictions for about 5 more years. Get used to it.

Yes, but he hasn't been right. This fool knew about what was going on in January and tried to play it off. He don't (doesn't) give a **** about you.... He's a bitch looking out for himself

Canutillo ISD has cancelled on campus classes for the rest of the 2019-2020 school year. I am thinking that will happen across the state in the next week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT