ADVERTISEMENT

Jamal Bienemy

Cube Jack

MI Hall of Famer
Mar 10, 2006
El Paso, TX
Bienemy has been on a tear these last 3 games. He pretty much was the offense against LA Tech, had a great game vs USM and us the reason UTEP came back sio far against Charlotte

I wonder if the injury to Kennedy and Agnew being sick opened a door for him. Looks good again tonight

Bienemy has been on a tear these last 3 games. He pretty much was the offense against LA Tech, had a great game vs USM and us the reason UTEP came back sio far against Charlotte

I wonder if the injury to Kennedy and Agnew being sick opened a door for him. Looks good again tonight
And man, imagine he and Kennedy playing well together at the top of their games?

Jamaal and some of these other players are starting to get woke.

Probably explains why he didn’t play in those two games. Getting ready for pro. I would be shocked to see Golding keep Boum and Kennedy. Another complete rebuild for UTEP. Let’s see if Golding can recruit.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
Hiring an agent and declaring for the draft.

Don’t see him being drafted, but I could see him bouncing around the G League/2way contracts and then heading to Europe after a few years.

I remember the first interview that I saw with Butch Pierre and they asked him what he thought about the talent and his response was he really like the two guards but especially Bienemy. He said he had talent that could translate to a professional career

JB is the perfect size pg for NBA. He could probably guard 3 positions.

Yeah. I think I'm a pretty good judge of talent though. Nobody is perfect but we will see.

Is JB better than Stone or Hunter or Artis?
Artist was much smaller than JB or Stone. JB can definitely play in G league for awhile and get called up eventually. With that said I think Boum might stay. Like Golding alot, has a GF here and wants to be the Miner that is behind leading them to the NCAA. Anyways that's what I've heard, but P5 teams may sway him to greener pastures still.

Reactions: axingfools1
Artist was much smaller than JB or Stone. JB can definitely play in G league for awhile and get called up eventually. With that said I think Boum might stay. Like Golding alot, has a GF here and wants to be the Miner that is behind leading them to the NCAA. Anyways that's what I've heard, but P5 teams may sway him to greener pastures still.
A tad bit smaller than JB, but with a much better build. Way better facilitator and finisher. Probably better athleticism too. I think JB is the better defender.

Stone had great size for a PG. Stone was on a higher level, but couldn't sustain because of poor shooting.

Anyway I still don't think JB is G-league or NBA caliber, but time will tell. I'm surprised he is leaving actually, but best of luck to him.

A tad bit smaller than JB, but with a much better build. Way better facilitator and finisher. Probably better athleticism too. I think JB is the better defender.

Stone had great size for a PG. Stone was on a higher level, but couldn't sustain because of poor shooting.

Anyway I still don't think JB is G-league or NBA caliber, but time will tell. I'm surprised he is leaving actually, but best of luck to him.

Stone was so much fun to watch. That mismatch at the point opened up the floor so much and the extra height was so helpful on weakside help. But you are correct, shooting wasn't there nor was an elite defender who did not have to worry about contributing offensively.

I think the ceiling on JB is higher, but Stone might have been further along at the same point.

Reactions: axingfools1

I agree.

He has played for 4 years and got his degree. It`s better than transferring. However, I do not like that he quit on the team the last 2 games.

Stone was so much fun to watch. That mismatch at the point opened up the floor so much and the extra height was so helpful on weakside help. But you are correct, shooting wasn't there nor was an elite defender who did not have to worry about contributing offensively.

I think the ceiling on JB is higher, but Stone might have been further along at the same point.
Stone played in the NBA because he was that rare 6'7" elite defender at the PG position. Being able to defend multiple positions, especially at the point is a rare niche especially at the pro level.

I would say 4th.

BTW Teddy Allen is going pro and Jabari Rice entered the portal. UTEP should look at him too. NMSU is now gutted. I can't imagine the Newton brothers wanting to go there.
Don't underestimate Heiar. (Look at his resume)

I saw that tweet on the college basketball news thread about best one year turnarounds. Had teams from just about every walk of life in college basketball.
UTEP should have been on the list. I don’t think it’s as easy anymore (mainly because of the advances in social media) but remember we struck absolute gold with the transfers that Gillespie got. Basketball realistically can take as little as an off-season.

I didn't think VH was ready for the NBA either, but I wished him luck and rooted for him.

We have the right to our own opinions. You don't have to be a 'hater' to have a valid opinion. I dont see anything wrong with what Casares wrote. Maybe he could have been more cordial and not tag Vince Hunter as this could obviously elicit a response.

I'm glad JB chose UTEP, wore his name on his chest and played hard. I enjoyed watching him play. I wish him luck, but I still think he is not NBA caliber.

Last edited:
I didn't think VH was ready for the NBA either, but I wished him luck and rooted for him.
VH DID play in the NBA, though, and I'm not sure another season under Floyd was going to get him more NBA minutes than he eventually got. If his dream was to play in the NBA, he can say with a straight face that he made it. And he was able to go make some good bucks in other pro leagues, too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT