ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Golding - ACU Head Coach

More like 10%. Its just as delusional as the fans that demand Terry be fired but don't support the program financially.

I don’t know of any poster “demanding” he be fired. I have suggested that he should be fired. Not really a demand.

Why should anyone give UTEP their money? What is Senter going to do with it? Probably invest it in a Ponzi scheme. Everyone has that one friend or family member that is horrible with money. That’s how fans see Senter. Stupid contracts for bad hires and we’re supposed to give him more money. Sure......

I don’t know of any poster “demanding” he be fired. I have suggested that he should be fired. Not really a demand.

Why should anyone give UTEP their money? What is Senter going to do with it? Probably invest it in a Ponzi scheme. Everyone has that one friend or family member that is horrible with money. That’s how fans see Senter. Stupid contracts for bad hires and we’re supposed to give him more money. Sure......
That's fantasy talk. UTEP doesn't have 2.1 million laying around to fire him.

Finally some common sense. Of what good is it to fire Terry then have Senter hire the next coach?

We should all be demanding that Senter's contract not be renewed. Now that's a realistic conversation I back up.

Finally some common sense. Of what good is it to fire Terry then have Senter hire the next coach?

We should all be demanding that Senter's contract not be renewed. Now that's a realistic conversation I back up.
As much as I want CRT gone, I have to agree with you. I don’t want Senter to be ANY part of the next hires. Someone said his contract is up sometime this summer. Please, oh lawd in heaven, don’t let it be extended. Then and only then should our bb and fb coaches be shown the door.

As much as I want CRT gone, I have to agree with you. I don’t want Senter to be ANY part of the next hires. Someone said his contract is up sometime this summer. Please, oh lawd in heaven, don’t let it be extended. Then and only then should our bb and fb coaches be shown the door.
The timing is perfect. Imo if Wilson hires her own AD, that could be the spark needed to get things turned around. Dimel and Terry would be under pressure to perform. Who knows maybe the new AD shakes the right hands and gets some buyout money flowing in.

The timing is perfect. Imo if Wilson hires her own AD, that could be the spark needed to get things turned around. Dimel and Terry would be under pressure to perform. Who knows maybe the new AD shakes the right hands and gets some buyout money flowing in.
Exactly. Also what has Senter done thats worth a damn for our University/athletic dept in the past 3 years. Anybody know? Wilson has been here 2 years now and needs to put her foot down.

Thinking UT athletics has issues beyond "coaching" in most of their athletics programs. Football and Basketball have been what I would consider underperforming given the huge financial advantages. They have churned and burned coaches for several years now, and I assume some of those were good coaches and they have little to show for it. Going to a bowl and making the tourney should be a given every year for them and being in the elite group ie the Alabamas of college sports should be a common occurrence, but it is not. They seem to squander every advantage and I'm sure it goes way beyond the hiring of coaches.

Thinking UT athletics has issues beyond "coaching" in most of their athletics programs. Football and Basketball have been what I would consider underperforming given the huge financial advantages. They have churned and burned coaches for several years now, and I assume some of those were good coaches and they have little to show for it. Going to a bowl and making the tourney should be a given every year for them and being in the elite group ie the Alabamas of college sports should be a common occurrence, but it is not. They seem to squander every advantage and I'm sure i goes way beyond the hiring of coaches.

It’s a difficult job in many ways, but Strong and Smart were bad hires made by the same failed AD (Patterson).

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Austin sports talk show dropping the names of Sampson and the female coach from the Spurs.

I don't think Sampson leaves Houston. It's a great job. Fertitta will pay him. Houston the states best hoops program historically. It's a great spot, great facilities, great locale. Hard to give that up for the headaches that come with the Texas job.

I think Brad Underwood will be the next coach in Austin. That would be a homerun hire.

Last edited:
Reactions: unihorn
I don't think Sampson leaves Houston. It's a great job. Fertitta will pay him. Houston the states best hoops program historically. It's a great spot, great facilities, great locale. Hard to give that up for the headaches that come with the Texas job.

I think Brad Underwood will be the next coach in Austin. That would be a homerun hire.
Coach looks like a mob boss but I can see that.

I don’t think UT chases Sampson — a little old and a little dirty.

I think you’re probably right about Sampson staying put for now, however, the wild card is his son is head coach in waiting at UH. I think the question is, how soon will he vacate so that Kellen can step in? Although I don’t see him leaving Houston for Austin, I do think within two years he’ll be gonzo.

Reactions: Lil_Train
Austin sports talk show dropping the names of Sampson and the female coach from the Spurs.

That’s cute. Very Austin of them. It will be a long, long, time before a female coach is coaching the men’s team at Texas, or major college. Eventually a woman will get a chance at St Francis of NY or some other small school, but don’t count on it happening soon at a “big” school.

Right, but that doesn’t mean we have to be happy about the situation. Doesn’t mean we can’t vent our frustrations. Terry will be the coach next season, aside from something medical, personal, or tragic happening.

Terry can still turn it around. If he beats NMSU and Kansas and doesn’t go on a losing streak, it’s possible the team might be good. Do I think that will happen? No.

Right, but that doesn’t mean we have to be happy about the situation. Doesn’t mean we can’t vent our frustrations. Terry will be the coach next season, aside from something medical, personal, or tragic happening.

Terry can still turn it around. If he beats NMSU and Kansas and doesn’t go on a losing streak, it’s possible the team might be good. Do I think that will happen? No.
By that same token. Doesn't mean we have to be negative about every recruit. Doesn't mean we can't express optimism that a recruit will work out. That recruit will be here on campus next year. It's possible he might be good. Do we think it will happen? We hope so.

Reactions: Lil_Train
That’s cute. Very Austin of them. It will be a long, long, time before a female coach is coaching the men’s team at Texas, or major college. Eventually a woman will get a chance at St Francis of NY or some other small school, but don’t count on it happening soon at a “big” school.
Totally disagree. When the winds blowing the way they are a major college will hire a women just to show how “woke” they are. Harmon how has proven she can coach men, so she might be the first.
Before we hired Terry, I suggested we go after her. Doubt if she would have even
given us the time of day.

Reactions: JCorona
  • Del Conte did some remarkable things with TCU. If he can’t find winning coaches, Texas is doomed. The expectations there will always eat up their coaches.
  • Hammon would be a great hire anywhere she goes, NBA or college. She almost accepted the men’s Florida job a couple years back. She or Bill Self will lead the Spurs after Coach Pop
    • Just read yesterday Haskins played a role in Pop not making the US Olympic basketball team that lost to the Soviets.
    • Hammon did have some career days when CSU played UTEP
  • Sampson being a candidate proves cheating yields dividends. He and Pearl have found success after being “caught”.

Totally disagree. When the winds blowing the way they are a major college will hire a women just to show how “woke” they are. Harmon how has proven she can coach men, so she might be the first.
Before we hired Terry, I suggested we go after her. Doubt if she would have even
given us the time of day.

That is your opinion. I think that 18-21 year old dudes would have an issue playing for a woman in college. NBA is different, as the players are more mature, but not college kids.

You can pretend it’s not an issue, but if you think big money donors, at big time schools are going to hire a women for men’s basketball, I’ve got a townhome to sell you by Mountain Shadow Lakes.

By that same token. Doesn't mean we have to be negative about every recruit. Doesn't mean we can't express optimism that a recruit will work out. That recruit will be here on campus next year. It's possible he might be good. Do we think it will happen? We hope so.

Sure, we hope, but is unlikely. I am a realist. My best chance at being a millionaire is contributing to my 401k. Chances are, I am not going to be a millionaire by producing a podcast or YouTube content.

Any player that has UTEP as their best offer, will likely not be a star here, if they even play. That doesn’t mean it’s impossible to be a good player, but it’s unlikely. No reason to get excited for the Vuk’s of the world because it’s almost certain they won’t play or be here for 4 years.

You call it negative, I call it being real. That’s who I am. Like it or don’t.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
That is your opinion. I think that 18-21 year old dudes would have an issue playing for a woman in college. NBA is different, as the players are more mature, but not college kids.

You can pretend it’s not an issue, but if you think big money donors, at big time schools are going to hire a women for men’s basketball, I’ve got a townhome to sell you by Mountain Shadow Lakes.
A year ago I would have agreed with you. Now I can’t, life has changed dramatically in the last year.

....NBA is different, as the players are more mature, but not college kids....

I believe some NBA players worth their salt would disagree with that. ESPN, FOX Sports, and all the local larger sports radio markets wouldn't be able to sell advertising if NBA (and NFL, too) drama didn't exist.

LeBron James giving $150 million dollars to young black youth to get a college diploma doesn't sell cars and Labor Day mattress sales.

Their two steps back immaturity is why I prefer college athletics way more than pro.

I believe some NBA players worth their salt would disagree with that. ESPN, FOX Sports, and all the local larger sports radio markets wouldn't be able to sell advertising if NBA (and NFL, too) drama didn't exist.

LeBron James giving $150 million dollars to young black youth to get a college diploma doesn't sell cars and Labor Day mattress sales.

Their two steps back immaturity is why I prefer college athletics way more than pro.

Sure, some pros would have an issue with it, but they would be more likely to live with it. Old school college donors and fans would likely have problems with it, more than the players. Look at the dumb Texas song. You think Texas would even consider hiring a woman for men’s basketball coach? Fat chance.

I stand by my opinion, only a small school would be able to hire a woman at this point and the foreseeable future.

I enjoyed Mountain Shadow Lakes. I saw Cheap Trick perform there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT