ADVERTISEMENT

Josh Fields

jq_miner

All Star
Mar 17, 2008
Any word on his recruitment?

And for that matter, who are the El Paso kids UTEP is recruiting?

Any word on if Rodriguez and Bullitt are ready to contribute next year?

Any word on his recruitment?

And for that matter, who are the El Paso kids UTEP is recruiting?

Any word on if Rodriguez and Bullitt are ready to contribute next year?
I've heard Fields has UTEP, UNM and Air Force offers to chose from, but I think if a P5 school offers he's gone in a heart beat. That hasn't happened yet so its either stay here or join his former Amercias teammate Q Drennan who is a WR at New Mexico.

Richie Rodriguez will be eligible next semester and play in the spring, and Bullitt was red shirted so he's def going to see meaningful snaps in the spring. Are they ready to play and produce? Doubt it (just keeping it real), but interesting to see where they put Rodriguez I really think he could be a decent slot receiver over his career.

This year EP is kinda dry outside of Fields, and Tyquez Hampton, but would love to see Josh Wells commit, and Patrick Sullivan from Parkland commit whom
UTEP has offered.

Other than those four kids, the El Paso FBS prospect well is dry this year imo. 2018 could be different though.

Wells is a really good athlete, will be a nice DE or 3-4 OLB who needs hit the weight room before he sees the field, and Sullivan could be a nice outside receiver who can go up and get it with ball skills and ability.

I really think Kugler needs to dig deep and find a transfer WR or two who can run can run and create separation in Pease's route concepts, its not looking good offensively without Aaron imo.

Spencer leftwich's son Cutter is commited to UTEP. He's much bigger than his brother 6'2 280 Will probably play guard or center in college.

It will be interesting to see if Kugler's son Patrick comes to UTEP as a graduate transfer. He was the sixth man on Michigan's line. He made starts at center and guard this season. He's behind underclassmen on the depth chart. Its rumored he could be headed to el paso as a graduate transfer.

If my son had Air Force on the plate, but no P5 schools, I'd be booking a rental home in Colorado Springs, to hell with driving back and forth because the traffic is starting to suck rocks up there.

Fields visited Texas Tech but I don't think he has an offer from them yet. If he does get an offer from TT it would be hard to turn down. Chance to play Big 12 football.

Fields visited Texas Tech but I don't think he has an offer from them yet. If he does get an offer from TT it would be hard to turn down. Chance to play Big 12 football.
I decided to take a look at TT rushing stats and their best RB avg only 47 ypg. Might not be that appealing for someone wanting an NFL career as a running back. On the other hand he also has an offer from UNM which runs an option offense and had 4 RB's with 50 or more ypg average.

Josh is going to have stiff competition here. His brother Jack went to Boise St. and didn't really get much of an opportunity. Let's not get into the mind set that this kid is some kind of savior because he might be 5th on our depth chart if he comes here.

Reactions: Roy_Bigwood_05
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT