ADVERTISEMENT

Julyan Stone signs guaranteed contract with Hornets

I didn't take it when offered. Nor do I regret it. Without sounding holier than thou, I gave that game up a while ago. I only played it in the first place because society says that's what we should do.

But nor do I think poverty, whether voluntary or involuntary, is any better than spending one's life chasing the almighty dollar.

Well then you are one of the very very few who would be willing to work the same job for half the pay. I can understand not taking a job for more responsibilities, but if the new job has the same job responsibilities it wouldn't make sense not to take it.

It's like when you sell a car. Let's say you take the best offers. One offer you get $5k and the other offer $3k. Would you take the lowest offer so you won't chase the almighty dollar?

Sorry folks. My fault for even opening this can of worms. Should've realized this would end up being like trying to explain water to a fish.

Reactions: axingfools1

Same thing. One company offers you $200k to be a manager and the other $100k to be a manager. One offers you $5k for a car and another $3k for a car. Pretty much the same thing.

Well then you are one of the very very few who would be willing to work the same job for half the pay. I can understand not taking a job for more responsibilities, but if the new job has the same job responsibilities it wouldn't make sense not to take it.

It's like when you sell a car. Let's say you take the best offers. One offer you get $5k and the other offer $3k. Would you take the lowest offer so you won't chase the almighty dollar?

Terrible analogy. Moving on...

Most jobs aren't quite like coaching jobs. Barbee steadily improved his record here, then made the dance. He also wasn't exactly beloved by the older boosters that have so much influence here. It was a no-brainer for him to sieze the opportunity he was presented.

Circumastances are different in every situation. And no it's not always about money. You do what's best for you and your family. I presume that's what Barbee did under his own circumstances. Some people didn't like it. That may have been because of the timing or because of the potential of the team coming back or something else. Those are just selfish reasons that we are all entitled too (like leaving a job just for more money while not considering many other factors in real life). So it is possible, but is does not mean EVERYBODY or ANYBODY would do the same.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Circumastances are different in every situation. And no it's not always about money. You do what's best for you and your family. I presume that's what Barbee did under his own circumstances. Some people didn't like it. That may have been because of the timing or because of the potential of the team coming back or something else. Those are just selfish reasons that we are all entitled too (like leaving a job just for more money while not considering many other factors in real life). So it is possible, but is does not mean EVERYBODY or ANYBODY would do the same.

My guess is 80-90% of people would take the double pay. Like I said, I understand not taking more pay for more responsibilities, but if it's the same responsibilities I would think you would go for it.

So it is possible, but is does not mean EVERYBODY or ANYBODY would do the same.

Some people take those words literally. It's like saying anybody would call 911 if they saw somebody laying down on the sidewalk who needed medical attention. Obviously not 100% of people would, but of course you can't take everything literally.

My guess is 80-90% of people would take the double pay. Like I said, I understand not taking more pay for more responsibilities, but if it's the same responsibilities I would think you would go for it.
Question? Are you an automated computer response or a parrot that learned to type? You can't be real...

Reactions: MineroFanatico
wow...it sure didn't take very long for chihuahua to start his debate class crap again....

Hey mod.....help a brotha out?

Oddly enough, I agree with him. Gillespie could have been a legend at A&M. Hell, he could have been a lengend here assuming he kept his two Assistants with him.

He would have been a legend here too and I would wager that UTEP would not be in CUSA either. We would have been in a better conference for sure.

He had it rollin at A&M and didn't fit at UK, or else he would have done bigger things in College Station

Reactions: sportsfan5000
When you are on your 7th screen name, you are entitled to say anybody and everybody. It's a numbers thing.

Our local thread derailer and cub Fox News intern must be down to his dropbox e-mail address as I am sure he has burned through all of his other accounts by now--Chih, Music, etc., etc., etc.

Reactions: UTEPfan1966
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT