ADVERTISEMENT

Justin Prince

The person saying the accusations is a UTEP softball player. She probably wouldn’t be saying that unless it was at least, partially “true”.

Where did she mention this?

Like the Duke lacrosse story. Or Christine Blasey Ford.
Did female Duke athletes tweet they were “guilty”? No one is saying he is guilty, but if a UTEP softball player is openly tweeting about it, there’s some “truth”. As she is opening up a big mess for the athletics department

Last edited:
Reactions: Lil_Train
Did female Duke athletes tweet they were “guilty”? No one is saying he is guilty, but if a UTEP softball player is openly tweeting about it, there’s some “truth”. As she is opening up a big mess for the athletics department
Well, tweets can be truth and tweets can be lies. I assume that "truth" in quotes is something else?

Well, tweets can be truth and tweets can be lies. I assume that "truth" in quotes is something else?
I have no clue how “true” the allegations are. However, it is not to his benefit someone else is posting about it. At least in the court of public opinion.

I have no clue how “true” the allegations are. However, it is not to his benefit someone else is posting about it. At least in the court of public opinion.
No charges have ever been filed. They suspended him and are probably conducting an internal investigation before making judgment. The university has protocol is has to follow as does every university. Doubt anyone is sweeping anything under the rug. He will never play another down of football for utep.

No charges have ever been filed. They suspended him and are probably conducting an internal investigation before making judgment. The university has protocol is has to follow as does every university. Doubt anyone is sweeping anything under the rug. He will never play another down of football for utep.
It’s a HUGE loss for our defense. Hope the allegations are not true

Is it me or has UTEP athletics and the local media gotten a little to cozy with each other? Twenty years ago UTEP athletics and some of the local sports media were junkyard dog enemies at times, which was problematic, but now it appears to be "thin blue line" like?
It doesn’t help that the El Paso Times is down to a skeleton crew when it comes to covering anything locally.

Reactions: Roy_Bigwood_05
Is it me or has UTEP athletics and the local media gotten a little to cozy with each other? Twenty years ago UTEP athletics and some of the local sports media were junkyard dog enemies at times, which was problematic, but now it appears to be "thin blue line" like?
The "cozy" relationship between the El Paso media and the UTEP Athletic Department started when Bob Stull was AD, and continues after his departure. Under Stull members of the local media were essentially punished for reporting anything that could be considered remotely negative on the team. The punishment came in terms of not allowing the reporter access to UTEP players, coaches, or facilities. Given that UTEP is the biggest game in town for local sports, that is quite significant. I know of at least two UTEP beat writers for the Times who were removed from the UTEP beat due to negative comments they made on the UTEP sports they were covering.

Stull also kept a tight rein on recruiting information. No news of visiting recruits appeared in the paper unless it was blessed by the athletic department, even in cases where we on Digs knew about the visits weeks in advance. Even signing days were controlled at UTEP in a way that is rare elsewhere. I remember reading that Gio St Amant had signed his NLI from a So Cal newspaper days before UTEP announced it, as Stull was waiting for the entire class to sign their NLIs before releasing any of the names. This is not typical.

I was hoping that with Stull's departure this would change. A UTEP student athlete being accused of sexual assault and rape is certainly big news. But, alas, the ghost of Stull lives on in the UTEP Athletic Department

That doesn't even make sense. Dimel and Senter would be in trouble with covered up anything . Isnt that what happened with Baylor?
It wasn't supposed to make sense. It was mocking you. I doubt they covered anything up seeing as it was released on twitter.

Who in their right mind would subscribe to that rag
Certainly not me, but I remember they had a lot of guys working at the paper who covered UTEP in one way or another. Joe Meunch and his corny “Sloof Lirpa”, and the old bald guy with the earring….. whatever his name was.

Reactions: MinerFan79
I don't care if you're the best player in the world. If you're a rapist you're a lowlife who belongs in prison.

That's a very serious accusation. What proof do you have?

Would you be ok if somebody accused you of rape, without any proof?

Reactions: Taco1977
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT