ADVERTISEMENT

Worst Golding loss?

The last minute of the 1st half against Bradley killed this team. They haven't played the same since and Golding has been coaching blind.

Golding has proven that he can't recruit and that he is in over his head coaching. Golding and Senter need to be gone in March.

Like many here, I thought this would be the year we would compete for a CUSA championship and get into post season play. Just when I thought we had hit a new low with losses against ATM CC, ACU,, Seattle, nmsu, and FIU; we keep sinking to new lows. I’m not optimistic about this team or the coaching staff and the direction we’re going.

Last edited:
What was particularly gross about the last 5 min of yesterday's game. Was the fact that FIU increased its intensity, energy and swag and UTEP regressed into a turtle shell and no changes happened after time outs and no one on the team showed leadership to stop the bleeding. It was embarrassing to watch FIU dancing around and Utep just let it happen SMH

What was particularly gross about the last 5 min of yesterday's game. Was the fact that FIU increased its intensity, energy and swag and UTEP regressed into a turtle shell and no changes happened after time outs and no one on the team showed leadership to stop the bleeding. It was embarrassing to watch FIU dancing around and Utep just let it happen SMH
Yep. Gawd, their social media would make a casual observer think they won a championship. Reminded me of the time Rice beat UTEP at home and acted in similar fashion a few years back.

Yep. Gawd, their social media would make a casual observer think they won a championship. Reminded me of the time Rice beat UTEP at home and acted in similar fashion a few years back.
Yeah, they were a little over excited for just beating a bad Utep team at home SMH 😏 I guess since they suck and they made the big comeback back, they were feeling themselves a bit too much! Either way, we looked dejected down the stretch and allowed them to dictate what they wanted. Sad to see. I think Golding is gone after this year, before his contract ends, but we'll see. He's really struggled on his 3 years here.

I may be wrong, and correct me if I am natty, but I think natty was more disgusted with how the Miners squandered such a big lead which allowed FIU celebrate as they did, rather than how FIU actually celebrated.

They deserve to triumphantly run around the court coming back from 16 down. Can’t fault them for that.

They gotta get Powell out the rotation. He’s the problem in my eyes. When the team looked good he was off the floor. As soon as he came in he ball hogged and force drove to the basket instead of the easy layup and then tried to force his shot in the end and gave the ball up. He’s checked out since he cashed his check. The team actually plays like a team when he isn’t there. When he’s out there it’s ran by him.

I agree, there was a fast break where he could have passed for an easy basket, instead he tried to drive a missed the shot. He never plays team ball. I would sit his ass.

I agree, there was a fast break where he could have passed for an easy basket, instead he tried to drive a missed the shot. He never plays team ball. I would sit his ass.
Agree. Cut your losses at this point and sit him down. STOP recruiting these “me” guys. It’s not like all of a sudden this is who he is. Do your your fvckng homework before you bring anyone in.

Agree. Cut your losses at this point and sit him down. STOP recruiting these “me” guys. It’s not like all of a sudden this is who he is. Do your your fvckng homework before you bring anyone in.
Yep. It was a mistake for Golding to think the combination of Powell/Hardy/Camper would be able to handle the lead guard role. None of those guys are comfortable running the team, their ball handling is suspect, and their mentality is to score first. Terrell is better, since he has a point guard background, but he is still green and prone to errors. Against a team that pressures, like FIU, you see the results. UTEP actually shot lights out, but could not overcome 25 turnovers. Powell and Solomon have something like a 25% turnover rate per possession, which is obviously incredibly poor.

The only good thing that came out of the last two games has been Horton's shooting. He will definitely be scouted and garner more attention moving forward, so hopefully he can come close to maintaining an outside threat.

Last edited:
But we are only 1/4 of the way into conference play. Gold member will turn it around!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT