ADVERTISEMENT

Keith Frazier

Completely disagree with this. Those deep shot attempts are what make this team competitive when he's in rhythm. It's just a matter of finding that rhythm, which we saw when Frazier almost beat UNT. Missed shots are an expected part of finding a zone.

Harris, Osborne, Wade, Magee, Gilyard, and Touchet should all have that same Steph Curry mentality that made Frazier a McDonald's All-American. Find out who's in rhythm and keep shooting from wherever they feel comfortable.

Y'all remember a player named Randy Culpepper, right? /s

Frazier and Harris are on his level right now.

Culpepper was a player who took over games and was exciting to watch. While Harris is an OK player, he is nowhere near how good Culpepper was.

Culpeppper averaged about 20 points his senior season. Harris is barely averaging 11 points a game this year.

Reactions: EPTUTEP
Culpepper was a player who took over games and was exciting to watch. While Harris is an OK player, he is nowhere near how good Culpepper was.

Culpeppper averaged about 20 points his senior season. Harris is barely averaging 11 points a game this year.

I'm talking about ability, not stats.

Almost every player on this team can take over a game when he's given a chance to.

That's what's so frustrating about this season.

Tirus Smith hit two consecutive shots right when he got into the gam vs UTSA - the first was a 3pointer - and Johnson took him out immediately after.

Almost every player on this team can take over a game when he's given a chance to.

Tirus Smith hit two consecutive shots right when he got into the gam vs UTSA - the first was a 3pointer - and Johnson took him out immediately after.

So Harris has the ability to score 20 points a game, but he just chooses not to? LOL!!!

You're right, Touchet and Flaggert can definitely take over a game. :rolleyes:

Culpepper is not on the same level as Harris. It's not even close.

Reactions: unihom
So Harris has the ability to score 20 points a game, but he just chooses not to? LOL!!!

You're right, Touchet and Flaggert can definitely take over a game. :rolleyes:

Culpepper is not on the same level as Harris. It's not even close.

You can choose to not get my point if you want to. Bye felicia.

I think the technical foul had more to do with why Smith was sat down

Reactions: utep2step
It was directly in front of me. I didn't hear anything honestly. I could only guess he made another comment at some point. Either way he sat the rest of the game.

He was simply following the example set by Johnson earlier in the season on how to get "T'd" up and ejected. Good student!
That was such a bs call of major, major proportions. But then again what difference does it make? That game was the national "pillow fight of the week".

Interesting point pay dirt! Questions this year only that I can think of...
* Real reason Kelvin Jones departed
* Real reason Roderick Williams backed out
* Real reason Joey St Pierre left
* Real reason it was so back and forth with
playing Wade and Osborne.
* Real reason Frazier took LOA then re-
turned, then didn't play, then did play, then
didn't resemble what we saw before.
* Real reason Paul Thomas has been such a
huge flop.
* Real reason our top talent Omega has
simply vanished. Is it truly his back?
* Did I miss something? Seems like an
incomplete list.
Just ask Nattbry, he seems to have all the answers according to him.

Reactions: UTEPMiners8106
80% of the answers.
I didn't say that I said when I report something about a coach or AD or info like that I've been 80%ish lol. Why do you feel necessary to call me out on all your post now? I feel special, are you gonna take me on a date or just keep thinking about me? Lol Get over it Bro!

Reactions: El Paso 777
I didn't say that I said when I report something about a coach or AD or info like that I've been 80%ish lol. Why do you feel necessary to call me out on all your post now? I feel special, are you gonna take me on a date or just keep thinking about me? Lol Get over it Bro!

Join the club. lol!

Coach Johnson was on Sportstalk today and Steve asked him about Frazier and he got a very honest answer. He basically said he misses a lot of practices and team meetings and doesn’t know what’s going on. Doesn’t know the scouting report and game plans or what the Miners are doing on offense and defense. He said Frazier missed today and was supposed to start tomorrow on Senior Night. Johnson said he has no idea where he’s at.

Reactions: JCorona
Coach Johnson was on Sportstalk today and Steve asked him about Frazier and he got a very honest answer. He basically said he misses a lot of practices and team meetings and doesn’t know what’s going on. Doesn’t know the scouting report and game plans or what the Miners are doing on offense and defense. He said Frazier missed today and was supposed to start tomorrow on Senior Night. Johnson said he has no idea where he’s at.

Why is he still on the team if that’s the case? Grow a pair CPJ. Cancer tends to spread. This can’t be a positive thing, in any sense of the word, keeping KF around.

This is just a typical episode of the entire joke of a season. Nothing makes sense and everyone's heads continue to shake at all the why's and what fors.

Reactions: MineroFanatico

He's a great shooter. He just needs the ball.

Why are those gameplans so important when they haven't been working?

So the dude bailed on us before Christmas and has hardly played since then. We are now hearing he misses a lot of practices and shows up late. Why would you want him to start on senior night? How's that important to anyone including Frazier? He's only been here barely....sort of....this year.

Looks like he's finished

Good. And I was a KF supporter up until a few weeks ago when it became overly obvious there was something wrong that wasn’t going to be righted. Then to hear about late to and missed practice(s)...plural. Ehhh, time to cut the cord.

Reactions: MinerMambo

I agree with your statement, but historically speaking, many who have worn a UTEP uni have endured public commentary. Tim Hardaway's freshman year five finger discount of a common house plant from the former Safeway store that was directly across from UTEP on Mesa was all over the news to former UTEP player Chris Washburn's unsubstantiated alleged accusation of breaking a tooth of a bouncer by then former ABC 7 sports reporter Asher Wildman (Who still to this very day will not apologize for jumping the gun in order to "scoop" the story). They were bashed unmercifully by the fan base.

The list is kind of long.

I wish him all the best.

Reactions: UTEPMiners8106
I agree that KF doesn’t need to be bashed. From the sound of things, this separation probably is at least a couple/few weeks overdue, though.

Wish it would have worked out. Could just feel when he started to get hot. One of, if not THE purest shooter, we’ve had in quite some time at UTEP. Damn the luck!

Reactions: develman
No Miner basketball player stole house plants from the Safeway on Mesa across from UTEP. The house plant was stolen from a Skaggs-Alpha Beta now known as Albertsons further up N. Mesa by Shadow Mtn.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT