ADVERTISEMENT

Keith Frazier

Prospero915

Rookie
Nov 16, 2014
Does anyone know why he hasn't gotten much playing time of late?

tonight he was inserted into the game with 6min left. Which was fruitless at that point in the game.

What's the issue??

Reactions: develman
I think he has been punished enough, if that is why Johnson is sitting him for most of the game. At this point Johnson needs to either kick him off the team and move on or start playing him because he is our best player. This season is pretty much over and we have one of the worst, most boring offenses in the country, so play Frazier. There is nothing to lose.

I think he has been punished enough, if that is why Johnson is sitting him for most of the game. At this point Johnson needs to either kick him off the team and move on or start playing him because he is our best player. This season is pretty much over and we have one of the worst, most boring offenses in the country, so play Frazier. There is nothing to lose.

But if the season is over there's nothing to gain either.

We don’t know why he left the team, I would assume it was for a personal matter otherwise he wouldn’t or shouldn’t have been allowed to return. But depending on the circumstances do you guys that maybe Johnson has had it with him?

Reactions: El Paso 777
We don’t know why he left the team, I would assume it was for a personal matter otherwise he wouldn’t or shouldn’t have been allowed to return. But depending on the circumstances do you guys that maybe Johnson has had it with him?

Without a doubt. Maybe it is warranted, and maybe not.

Last we heard, Frazier was played sparingly so that he could get his legs back under him.

I never bought that reason because of how short his departure was.

As someone said, either kick him off the team or put him to good use doing what he does best.

Johnson appears to be of the exact same ilk as CTF. Can't wait til this guy is gone, too.

I do get that Johnson is essentially Floyd 2.0, but Frazier hasn't really helped himself when he has been on the court. His defense and rebounding has been poor, and offensively he has missed a ton of bad shots. The upside is that Osborne and Wade are getting more minutes, which could be potentially valuable down the road. Hopefully, those guys aren't using all the extra minutes auditioning for their next team. The program is in a bad place, and having to wait for a decision on the next coach makes it even more frustrating.

I do get that Johnson is essentially Floyd 2.0, but Frazier hasn't really helped himself when he has been on the court. His defense and rebounding has been poor, and offensively he has missed a ton of bad shots. The upside is that Osborne and Wade are getting more minutes, which could be potentially valuable down the road. Hopefully, those guys aren't using all the extra minutes auditioning for their next team. The program is in a bad place, and having to wait for a decision on the next coach makes it even more frustrating.

Agree with all you said.

The one thing I would add, though, is that Frazier really helped out up until his mini-departure. Since his return, he's been nowhere near the player he was. I'd venture to say at this point he's out there for himself and doesn't give two shits about this team. If that's the case, he needs to be released, imo.

I leave room for the possibility that KF completely brought this upon himself. But even if he did, Johnson has not handled the situation well at all.

To me, the most frustrating issue to this year's team is on the defensive end. They are capable of playing defense in spurts, but I have yet to see it carry through an entire game. Some of this is due to the young guys playing a lot, injuries to the experienced guys, etc. However, the reality is we really haven't progressed as the season has gone on. We did improve last year, and that was a big reason for the late turn around. The lack of improvement on that side of the ball falls squarely on the staff; I am guessing that their odd rotations may be an effort to fix this. Just hasn't worked.

I wonder what type of chemistry/relationship Frazier has with the rest of the team and Coach Johnson. There’s obviously something wrong going on. On one hand I wouldn’t play someone taking bad shots and not playing D. So there’s enough blame for Frazier in that respect. But keeping one of your best players on the bench, especially given how the season has gone has to be toxic for this team.

Johnson is just a continuation of Floyd and his mysterious decision making. Early in the season we wondered why Wade and Osborne weren't getting any PT and then after continuous struggles from Omega and Thomas who continue to play and one of the rare positives was the contribution from Frazier, then for some strange reason he disappeared for his leave of absence and has been a complete dud after returning. Osborne seemed to be the spark after contributing some outstanding efforts then must have played with a blindfold on last night. There have been so many ups and downs from every player it seems that it must be connected to player- coach relationship. How many different starting lineups have we seen? How many inconsistencies in player's minutes have we seen? In my opinion this has been no chance of continuity. It's a different situation each game. I'd say the problem has mostly been on the defensive side of the ball. Last night scoring 78 you shouldn't lose by seven. Interesting that when you look at the stats; you see the three freshmen plus Willms were a combined 21 for 31 from the field while Thomas, Omega, Osborne and Frazier we're 6 for 29.
Pardon me...I tend to ramble.

Johnson is just a continuation of Floyd and his mysterious decision making. Early in the season we wondered why Wade and Osborne weren't getting any PT and then after continuous struggles from Omega and Thomas who continue to play and one of the rare positives was the contribution from Frazier, then for some strange reason he disappeared for his leave of absence and has been a complete dud after returning. Osborne seemed to be the spark after contributing some outstanding efforts then must have played with a blindfold on last night. There have been so many ups and downs from every player it seems that it must be connected to player- coach relationship. How many different starting lineups have we seen? How many inconsistencies in player's minutes have we seen? In my opinion this has been no chance of continuity. It's a different situation each game. I'd say the problem has mostly been on the defensive side of the ball. Last night scoring 78 you shouldn't lose by seven. Interesting that when you look at the stats; you see the three freshmen plus Willms were a combined 21 for 31 from the field while Thomas, Omega, Osborne and Frazier we're 6 for 29.

No...ramble on. That was well said.

It takes a ramble to explain the mess we have going on right now. You are 100% accurate. Well said.

I have been, never will be a coach but all great coaches, or any great leader has to know how to relate to their players to motivate them and get their best. I imagine halfway through a season of Johnson/Floyd screaming at you let alone 3 or 4 years and you probably could care less what they’re saying.

I have been, never will be a coach but all great coaches, or any great leader has to know how to relate to their players to motivate them and get their best. I imagine halfway through a season of Johnson/Floyd screaming at you let alone 3 or 4 years and you probably could care less what they’re saying.

Yeah i am sure calapari never yells at his players... I am sure all the top coaches never yell... they probably hug them when they make mistakes

Yelling and screaming typically works when it is used to make a specific point. In today's landscape it rarely works as one's modus operandi. I've heard Floyd yelled A LOT. Judging by his bench side demeanor, it wouldn't surprise me if Johnson does too.

Ya there is. Frazier gets to play, gains more experience for playing pro overseas next season. He is our best player, play him or kick him off the team if he is a distraction.

It's not UTEP's job to gain him experience to play overseas. Again, if the season is over there's nothing to gain. Giving experience to players who will be there next season will help UTEP in the long run. The team is more important than one player

Reactions: axingfools1
I think we are all just wasting our time with this pointless debate at this point. Let the cheerleaders and golddiggers suit up. The season has no purpose.

Call me a glutton for punishment, but I still hold out a tinge of hope that everybody is healthy, on the same page, and we go on a little run in the conference tourney. That run is much more likely with the Keith Frazier that was here before the mysterious disappearing act.

All I'm saying is he makes this team much better when he is playing like he did most of the first 10-12 games or so. In that regard, and until he is officially gone, the topic is still relevant as far as I'm concerned.

Call me a glutton for punishment, but I still hold out a tinge of hope that everybody is healthy, on the same page, and we go on a little run in the conference tourney. That run is much more likely with the Keith Frazier that was here before the mysterious disappearing act.

All I'm saying is he makes this team much better when he is playing like he did most of the first 10-12 games or so. In that regard, and until he is officially gone, the topic is still relevant as far as I'm concerned.
Can't argue with your tinge or glimmer of hope, but in reality it seems like the whole basketball thing continues to go the wrong way on a one way street. Remember what Howard Cosell said, "Down goes Frazier". I think he went down and now he's out

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Yeah i am sure calapari never yells at his players... I am sure all the top coaches never yell... they probably hug them when they make mistakes

That’s not what I’m saying. But how many times can you yell at people before they start to tune you out? Everyone learns to deal with yelling. People at boot camp get used to it, men get used to wives bitching, kids tune out parents who scream all the time. All that bitching and screaming gets old after a while. You know someone on that team is just saying “Yeah whatever....” And at that point you’ve lost your team.

Floyd and Johnson seem to only have one mode, and that’s to scream. Don’t you need to have a couple other tricks up your bag to motivate players day in and day out, and to keep morale up?

I think we are all just wasting our time with this pointless debate at this point. Let the cheerleaders and golddiggers suit up. The season has no purpose.

My friend, you have been screaming for Keith Fraizer news. We are finally talking about it and now you say it's pointless.

My friend, you have been screaming for Keith Fraizer news. We are finally talking about it and now you say it's pointless.

tenor.gif

kevin-the-office-giggle-laughing-cute-gif-4986298

I screamed for him because we were in a desperate state, but little did I know that when he finally makes his reentrance to the court he immediately starts throwing up half- court bricks and air balls. It appears to me now that he is only a cancer to what's left of this team. He truly is playing for himself only.
What's your solution; my friend?

Reactions: Dmanminer
El paso has few to.none young sports reporters it seems looking to step out. The reporters around the country that take chances and ask tough questions, bring up tough subjects typically are working for the major networks or get so big they run their own information service. Seems like everyone there feels like its ok to coast thru your profession, ensure you dont get blackballed within the locker room, and has not a care in the world to step outside the box in regards to questioning a damn thing the department does or says.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
Interesting point pay dirt! Questions this year only that I can think of...
* Real reason Kelvin Jones departed
* Real reason Roderick Williams backed out
* Real reason Joey St Pierre left
* Real reason it was so back and forth with
playing Wade and Osborne.
* Real reason Frazier took LOA then re-
turned, then didn't play, then did play, then
didn't resemble what we saw before.
* Real reason Paul Thomas has been such a
huge flop.
* Real reason our top talent Omega has
simply vanished. Is it truly his back?
* Did I miss something? Seems like an
incomplete list.

Interesting point pay dirt! Questions this year only that I can think of...
* Real reason Kelvin Jones departed
* Real reason Roderick Williams backed out
* Real reason Joey St Pierre left
* Real reason it was so back and forth with
playing Wade and Osborne.
* Real reason Frazier took LOA then re-
turned, then didn't play, then did play, then
didn't resemble what we saw before.
* Real reason Paul Thomas has been such a
huge flop.
* Real reason our top talent Omega has
simply vanished. Is it truly his back?
* Did I miss something? Seems like an
incomplete list.
Shit wouldn't it be nice to know. We are gonna find out real quick when the new coach comes in whether or not it was the players or if it was CTF/Johnson.

Funny thing last night too was when Osborne kept missing layups and Gottlieb called him out. The other announcer said Johnson told him Osborne had been sick and Gottlieb answered, "Yeah with missed-layup-itis!". Gottlieb let UTEP have but damn he was right.

So many excuses and unknowns surrounding this team, coaches and players. The wackiness surrounded by weirdness is something I've never seen before.

Shit wouldn't it be nice to know. We are gonna find out real quick when the new coach comes in whether or not it was the players or if it was CTF/Johnson.

Funny thing last night too was when Osborne kept missing layups and Gottlieb called him out. The other announcer said Johnson told him Osborne had been sick and Gottlieb answered, "Yeah with missed-layup-itis!". Gottlieb let UTEP have but damn he was right.

So many excuses and unknowns surrounding this team, coaches and players. The wackiness surrounded by weirdness is something I've never seen before.
I didn't have the pleasure or displeasure of watching the fiasco so I can only imagine what you are describing. I did see the .video of poor Gilyard. Wow; hope he can recover from the humiliation. Yikes!

Reactions: axingfools1
Does anyone in media ask questions? Its unreal how common sense topics seem to never be given a real answer by someone within the staff. Who asks the tough questions in el paso? Thats an honest question.
The ghost of Paul Zimmerman and Andy Morgan are legit. Lou is just going along for the ride to pad his HBO royalty checks from his appearance on Sex in the City. And ABC 7 Sports is just musical chairs.

I screamed for him because we were in a desperate state, but little did I know that when he finally makes his reentrance to the court he immediately starts throwing up half- court bricks and air balls. It appears to me now that he is only a cancer to what's left of this team. He truly is playing for himself only.
What's your solution; my friend?

Completely disagree with this. Those deep shot attempts are what make this team competitive when he's in rhythm. It's just a matter of finding that rhythm, which we saw when Frazier almost beat UNT. Missed shots are an expected part of finding a zone.

Harris, Osborne, Wade, Magee, Gilyard, and Touchet should all have that same Steph Curry mentality that made Frazier a McDonald's All-American. Find out who's in rhythm and keep shooting from wherever they feel comfortable.

Reactions: develman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT