ADVERTISEMENT

KELVIN JONES????????

miner1liner

MI Hall of Famer
Feb 10, 2014
There must be someone out there who can get the whole story. Doesn't anyone know Kelvin, or his father or a team mate, or a classmate, or a friend or a teacher, etc....? Is he still in school or did he drop out?
After reading comments and reactions of players, it just makes no sense that if there was such a serious concern; it could be so well hidden that no one would be aware.
The whole thing smells like possum poop!

Maybe dad thought CTF was a douche??? The kid is gone, let's move on. It's not like it doesn't happen every year.

Reactions: El Paso 777
Remember when Kelvin Jones sold fertilizer contracts door-to-door before his Freshman year. Floyd said he made over $20,000 in only a few weeks. This was how he paid his own way during his Gray Shirt year. I admired hearing that story about Kelvin, working hard to pay his own way. He sure had a lot of success for a first time sales man fresh out of high school.

Remember when Kelvin Jones sold fertilizer contracts door-to-door before his Freshman year. Floyd said he made over $20,000 in only a few weeks. This was how he paid his own way during his Gray Shirt year. I admired hearing that story about Kelvin, working hard to pay his own way. He sure had a lot of success for a first time sales man fresh out of high school.
Now that's a load of shit, so to speak.

I don't know his dad so........but you are a CTF slurpper.
Oh I don't know...you're the one that always has a hard-on for CTF. And referencing homosexual acts is a sure sign of repression in a man. Develman?

Where do I sign up?

I call BS on that story (pun intended).

Last edited:
I am not sure what some people have against "develman". Eventhough I don't agree with everything he says he seems like a good guy.

Not sure why you all rag on develman. He's one of the old timers on digs.

Rabbit was legendary. Wish he would come back.

Reactions: El Paso 777
Well more of the same info I guess. Its the fathers fault but there is more to the story. Really sucks for his teammates. I thought Jones was gonna be a real beast in the paint. Maybe he trys to play for Minnesota.

Last edited:
I guess that after reading that article some will still blame Coach Floyd
as usual.

Go Miners...

I guess after reading the other thread about how many scholarship players have bolted from the program in the last two years some will still hold Floyd unaccountable.

Let me just say,

WAKE THE **** UP!!! Even if this particular instance Floyd is completely innocent of any wrongdoing, which we have no real clue about, what about considering why the other 12-15 guys split? Answer that Floyd defender-til-he-gets-his-ass-fired.

By the way, you are tarnishing the Haskins name by having it in your handle because he wouldn't have settled for this bullshit.

I guess after reading the other thread about how many scholarship players have bolted from the program in the last two years some will still hold Floyd unaccountable.

Let me just say,

WAKE THE **** UP!!! Even if this particular instance Floyd is completely innocent of any wrongdoing, which we have no real clue about, what about considering why the other 12-15 guys split? Answer that Floyd defender-til-he-gets-his-ass-fired.

By the way, you are tarnishing the Haskins name by having it in your handle because he wouldn't have settled for this bullshit.
Yup, there's a common denominator, you know who.

Yup, there's a common denominator, you know who.
Yup, there's FanitiKook and develman, s***ing each other off and trolling on our Basketball coach. Give it a rest guys. Wait till the season gets going and then you can get hysterical and post your poison when we lose a game or we don't go undefeated.

Reactions: MinerJo
Yup, there's FanitiKook and develman, s***ing each other off and trolling on our Basketball coach. Give it a rest guys. Wait till the season gets going and then you can get hysterical and post your poison when we lose a game or we don't go undefeated.

There's the gambler. Washed up like the ole coach he supports. Out of touch with reality. Thinking he's still gonna win the big one. Going for broke. Still wearing that stained, powder blue polyester suit that he was wearing when he won his first hand. You know...the "lucky" suit. Playing on borrowed money like his coach who's on borrowed time. Just one more hand/season. "I have a feeling this is it. This IS the year", says Vegas.

We all hope that Vegas finds his way back to reality. We hope the powder blue suit really is lucky. And finally, we hope this IS the year. Good luck Vegas. Put everything you got on this hand because this is the last one.

Let me just say,

I am not defending Coach Floyd I am just stating the facts. Not all is his fault.
On the upcoming season we haven't even played a game and a few folks are
already downplaying him. Chill for a moment and let things cook.

GO Miners...

FanatiKook, don't live in Vegas no more. Registered the Vegas handle when I lived there. In El Chuco now. Now I got me some powder blue cowboy boots! Yippy-kai-yay, MF!

I don't care what anybody says about you Vegas...you got spunk, kid! Anybody who exits stage left saying "yippy-kai-yay, mutha fukka" is alright in my book. I thought I was the only one who still said that.

Now go chant, pray, pay homage to your Floyd altar, whatever it is that you do, so that we might actually make the damn tourney this year.

I don't care what anybody says about you Vegas...you got spunk, kid! Anybody who exits stage left saying "yippy-kai-yay, mutha fukka" is alright in my book. I thought I was the only one who still said that.

Now go chant, pray, pay homage to your Floyd altar, whatever it is that you do, so that we might actually make the damn tourney this year.
Amen to that!

Let me just say,

Let's be real here.... Coach Haskins lost many players before their eligibility was up himself. There were also a few scandals that resulted in NCAA investigations (of course, programs like UNC got away with much worse)

There have been many a fool who've posted their benighted bullsh*t on this board.. but you, Vegasminer, take the cake... and then some....

Let's be real here.... Coach Haskins lost many players before their eligibility was up himself. There were also a few scandals that resulted in NCAA investigations (of course, programs like UNC got away with much worse)

Yeah, Haskins lost some players. Usually one here and there and I can't say it never happened but I can't remember 2 in a season. I know...different day and age. Still, you gotta wonder why SO many defections under Floyd's watch. Whatever, I've said my piece. That's the last I'll say about it...for the time being.

There have been many a fool who've posted their benighted bullsh*t on this board.. but you, Vegasminer, take the cake... and then some....
Look in the mirror, dipshit. Your postings, or should I say, rantings are nothing but a constant flow of negativity and anti UTEP Sports Program positions. You are so obviously trolling that only a real fool would take your shit seriously.

Look in the mirror, dipshit. Your postings, or should I say, rantings are nothing but a constant flow of negativity and anti UTEP Sports Program positions. You are so obviously trolling that only a real fool would take your shit seriously.

You're right, no negativity allowed on here. :rolleyes:

Actually the blind followers are the ones that damage the team the most. There is no accountability, and mediocrity is the norm. Floyd can do no wrong and how dare anyone question anything he does. After all he is the UTEP coach and who cares if he has never made the tournament in his 7 years in a crappy league. They would be satisfied with another 7.
Same crap is said every year:
Here is my big question: What would it take for you to agree that Floyd is not the end all and needs to be replaced? I really want to know because I don't think you have an answer. I think your posts are dismissed because you are perfectly fine with what is going on, and really don't care as long as everyone cheers and is satisfied as yourself.
You are the real troll here. Not the ones that demand accountability. And you are as much to blame as Floyd because once the free falling began, you just sat and cheered, yelling at everyone that did not approve your cheerleading antics and allowing it to continue endlessly.

The only way as a fan I can “demand accountability” is to stop buying tickets and stop going to games.

But I like going to the games.

So I’m a follower, but my eyes are wide open to what’s going on.

I suspect there are many like me.

Reactions: UTEPfan1966
I would like to repeat, reiterate and say it again, "Where is Kelvin and why doesn't he step up and be a man?" All of the opinions expressed on this post seem to have developed into "Do you support or not support Coach?". Those that don't support him or those that do have forgotten the question. If Kelvin would simply publicly state his reason for his sudden and mysterious departure, I think we would have our answer. The Floyd haters would then know if this is on Floyd or Kelvin.
Back to the topic!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT