ADVERTISEMENT

Ken Flajole

This was Bob Stull's recomendation. Im thinking kugler thought Casteel was locked up and didnt have a backup plan. Flajole coached under Don James at Washington and under Stull at UTEP and Mizzou. It looks like Kugler asked Stull for names and got Flajole. Its definitely an off the radar choice, and a little bit risky.

Last edited:
Steve-Harvey-Family-Feud-Shocked_featured_photo_gallery.jpg

"You're shittin me right?"

I liked what stoker did with the defense... He had a bad year this year!! But last year his defense played well..... Still not sure why we got rid of him

How can he sign with the Eagles when they don't have a coach yet?

Reports are, the Eagles are preparing to offer the job to Kansas City OC Doug Pederson. Flajole may have ties to Pederson and been assured the job.

cain_999_111012.jpg

Screw it! No one wants this job because Kug is on the hot seat and the coordinator would have to make an instant impact because attendance is way down and fans feel alienated under Kug, even long time ticket holders. Throw in Cain and see what he can to besides making pizza.

Frankly, I doubt that Kugler is "on the hot seat" - at least not any more than any coach is in these days of "win right now at any cost." He has steadily rebuilt a program that was in utter disarray. He did a remarkable job last season when injuries decimated the team. I believe he has been consistent in his approach to building a competitive football program at UTEP. Which, by the way, has been lacking since the mid-60's.
"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT