Kevin Sumlin should replace CSK.

Should UTEP hire Sumlin?

• Yes

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters
Never going to happen.

Still dreaming, but how about Sonny Dykes?

Sumlin is like 45-22 at an SEC school. He would laugh if UTEP offered him if he was available. He can do way better than UTEP.

Utep would be in la la land if that could ever happen. I would settle for any coach with morals and imagination.

Sumlin will be at a g5 school next year I hope it's not UTEP. The fact is Sumlin can't develop qb. Briles left Keenum for him at UH. The one year Keenum goes down they go 5-7. At a&m he inherited Manziel since Manziel left nothing.

A&M has had as much talent as anybody in the SEC and can't compete. A&M has the best facilities in the country and a huge recruiting budget. If Summon can't win at A&M with all those advantages what makes you think he could win at UTEP.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
Which P5 school is going to hire him? He will have to dumpster dive if he wants to be a head coach. He did well at Houston. Not totally a pipe dream.

Which P5 school is going to hire him? He will have to dumpster dive if he wants to be a head coach. He did well at Houston. Not totally a pipe dream.

He might become an OC at a powerhouse college program or in the NFL.

UTEP is paying Kugler 550,000 according to websites. I get that Sumlin won't make 5 million but UTEP hasn't shown an ability to pay massive money for a coach. So what's the middle ground in your opinion?

UTEP is paying Kugler 550,000 according to websites. I get that Sumlin won't make 5 million but UTEP hasn't shown an ability to pay massive money for a coach. So what's the middle ground in your opinion?

Realistically for UTEP with a new ad, I would say a million a year is very realistic and doable. If I had to guess I would say the next coach will make somewhere from 800k to 1.2 million a year. The entire athletic department nerds to restructured. There is plenty of money but a lot of waste and misalocation.

I mentioned him in another thread, but my gut says El Paso isn't cool enough for Coach Bro.

Come to think of it, I think I remember the post. The "Coach Bro" one?

I agree with you, however, if he isn't winning at Tech, not sure how many options he will have.

I agree with you, however, if he isn't winning at Tech, not sure how many options he will have.

I could see a P5 program hiring him as an OC.

No to coach bro. If he was here, we will score 49 points a game but still have a 3-9 overall record.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
No to coach bro. If he was here, we will score 49 points a game but still have a 3-9 overall record.

While 49 points and still losing would be a step up from where we are, I agree, KK doesn't know how to field a defense nor does he seem capable of hiring someone who can. An exciting loss is still a L.

Sumlin is the Skip Holtz of college football. Skip had success at ECU and La Tech but stumbled at USF (even though I have a hard time seeing USF as a P5 school).

Sumlin will be a hot commodity and I just don't see it happening. I realistically see him in a broadcasting booth or at a upper level major.

Theron Aych. New. Energetic. Already knows El Paso.

Kugler will be a hot commodity to NFL teams and p5 schools if he departs after this year. NFL teams love assistants with FBS head coaching experience, even the departed ones. So there is no need to head to social security office for this guy.

Sumlin is the Skip Holtz of college football. Skip had success at ECU and La Tech but stumbled at USF (even though I have a hard time seeing USF as a P5 school).

Sumlin will be a hot commodity and I just don't see it happening. I realistically see him in a broadcasting booth or at a upper level major.

Theron Aych. New. Energetic. Already knows El Paso.

Kugler will be a hot commodity to NFL teams and p5 schools if he departs after this year. NFL teams love assistants with FBS head coaching experience, even the departed ones. So there is no need to head to social security office for this guy.

Sumlin's a drunk.

Sumlin's a drunk.
You act like that's a bad thing? One of our best coaches in basketball was known to hit the bottle on more than one occasion. Crap I bet a good percentage of our fan base hits the bottle after every Miner debacle. I know I do. Without having to bring Lieb into calculating the higher math involved, that alone is at least 25% of the fan base left....;)

All said tongue in cheek and not condoning alcoholism if this is true (PC disclaimer). However, I do think Sumlin would be a great hire but doesn't he still have a job? Its not like we have a coaching vacancy until 2020...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT